Page 172 of 228 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Huw-what?
    First off, thanks, you cleared up a couple things for me.

As for the quote......you actually answered that question already. But what I was getting at was this;

Quake signed the Accords. As I understood it, that made her subject to their rules and regulation. She was also a SHIELD agent, subject to their rules and regulation. If she was already subject to SHIELD's law, then what purpose did the Accords serve?

But I get how it works now, I think. Not nearly as heavy handed as the comics version. Again, thanks.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Trailer looked okay. Honestly, I'm more interested in the Black Panther film.

Thought the trailer was awesome, but there is still more goodness to come.

Hopefully this means Thanos will wear his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Trailers are meant to sell to the masses, not to first-year art students who already get student discounts on tix.

Wanna know what happens when you give trailer production studio a movie budget? Did you know the first part of Suicide Squad was given to the SS trailer team to make? How did that turn out, hm?

Since you do not understand that there are in fact, different production teams and studios meant for different mediums, including those who handle TV and film teasers specifically, leads me to believe you really haven't studied on this much yet, nor gone into the industry.

Edit: And speaking as someone with a Bachelors in FA, and a Masters in Media. You will grow up in a couple of years to learn that contrarian opinions don't really impress, especially when pulling the 'how oppressed am I' and 'here I wallow with the masses and try to uplift their feeble minds' dual-whammy cards. It only signals a lack of maturity in opinion, by defining yourself by what you are adamant you are 'not', which usually is the 'popular opinion' because otherwise, how can you be unique? How exactly can you make yourself worth listening to if you have the same idea as everyone else?

It's the same song and dance every single teen going through hormonal changes and a defining part of life goes through.

Been there, done that, realized I was just being an insecure ass. Once you are certain of who you are, these little things don't matter. Hope you find that one day.
    That's an awesome response. I'm going to save it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

More news implying the Disney/FOX merge isn't dead:

I just want to start with a juicy rumor that is fast gaining steam in town today, that Disney is progressing speedily toward that rumored acquisition of Fox. The version I heard has the Murdoch clan keeping possession of sports and news properties, and the rest of TV and the film studio going to Disney. Radio silence right now from both studios, and given how Disney made the Marvel and Lucasfilm deals under the cone of silence, if this happens we’ll probably only know it when it’s announced. It is certainly being talked about today. Not surprisingly, the reaction around town is not enthusiasm, because of the uncertainty that comes with potentially reducing a major studio to content generators under the Disney silo system.
    http://deadline.com/2017/11/disney-f...ry-1202214838/

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Marvel has done such a good job of building their movie universe it's ridiculous, i've enjoyed every movie (for the most part/the Hulk movies and Iron Man sequels were a bit ehhh right on the line of enjoy/notsomuch) and have become attached to all of the characters in the movies.

However, if this trailer is a revealing indication to what this movie is going to be like i have a feeling it might turn some of those people off who have become attached to the previous movies. It seems to have a much more serious vibe/style/tone... while not as dark as Man of Steel/Batman vs Superman i think the opposite of this is why a lot of people fell in love with Marvel's movies up to this point and who might not desire to see too much of a change. Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier and Civil War to an extent touched upon some of those more serious themes but they still maintained at their heart that more lighthearted vibe which i don't get anything of that from this trailer.

I don't doubt it will be successful and likely be a decent to good movie in it's own right and a lot of people will probably still enjoy it but if i'm being honest with myself i wasn't feeling what was presented in the trailer like i was with the previous movies up to this point.

Of course the movie experience can be much different than what's presented in the trailer and so it's not the end all be all. Just an initial impression sort of thing.

I do feel myself starting to get more excited about DC though to where i'm not as excited by Marvel's next thing as much, in the sense that there are other things happening, the recent "Crisis on Earth-X" crossover from the DCTV series made a big statement and impact and was one of the best motion picture comic experiences i've had, i had so much fun and different feelings with that i could barely contain myself haha... and i'm liking the direction of some of their recent and new projects. I think a simple explanation for this could be that Marvel is slowly drifting away from where it was and DC is moving toward that... in a sense. At least that's what i'm feeling at the moment. I'm kind of conflicted like if DC and Marvel were my parents and Marvel was like the cool awesome dad and mom was stressed out and under a lot of pressure but she's in a better place now and dad is losing interest and not as fun as he was and now mom is starting to come into her own and i'm enjoying my time with her more. CMON DAD i like how it used to be. Then if only it could be with both of them on the same page at the same time it could be awesome and amazing on so many levels. Maybe it's just me me but i'm not looking to comic book and comic book sources for seriousness/darkness and depressing themes and styles and tones i go to comic books to escape the serious/depressing stuff in the world and i live with depression as it is and so definitely don't need more of it. The Crisis on Earth-X DCseries crossover, Avengers movies, Guardians of the Galaxies movies, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, etc... is like the perfect experience example until the end of time, they still had serious subject matter and deeply emotional moments and adversity and all of that but it was within the style/tone heart and spirit of lighthearted hope and fun. Just give me that and i'll be satisfied and happy every time.
    Last edited by SXVA; 11-30-2017 at 04:26 AM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Scarlet Witch is confirmed for Avengers 4:
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...or-avengers-4/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch is confirmed for Avengers 4:
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/a...or-avengers-4/
    Well, someone has to be left to mourn Vision's death.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's a United Nations thing, and it's pretty much the opposite. Sign, or you don't get to work.

Now, the Agents of SHIELD show has added bunch of stipulations of dubious canonicity as faras the movies are concerned.
    As far as the movies are concerned the Accords are all about regulating the Avengers and limiting who can join up, and where the team is allowed to operate.
    You don't get to be an Avenger if you don't sign.
    Also, the Avengers are no longer a private organisation but are under the control of the UN.
    Want to go bust a Hydra base in Spain? Well, only if Spain is okay with that.

The Accords probably don't care about Luke Cage playing vigilante in Harlem, signed or not. But Iron Fist taking a trip to China? That could get him into a lot of legal trouble if it gets out.
    How so? I mean, other than China prosecuting or trying to extradite him for breaking their laws. After all, he's not an Avenger. He's not working for any government agency (and who believes the CIA or the US military, if they have any enhanced agents, are really playing by these rules). So how do the Accords apply at all?

The Sokovian Accords are not the SHRA from the comics.
    No, but since the one thing we're sure they cover is Avengers activities, especially in other nations, the fact that Tony brought Spider-Man to fight for his side in Germany in Civil War, but there's no record of the guy signing the Accords, would likely be considered a violation by Ross and whoever else is getting to judge what is and is not following the new rules.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended
    This has been the case since SHIELD first aired. When did Perlmutter get kicked off the movies? It wasn't that long ago was it?
    budget jumped

Agents of SHIELD in space starting off with a huge bang, show gets Refined Every Year

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Marvel has done such a good job of building their movie universe it's ridiculous, i've enjoyed every movie (for the most part/the Hulk movies and Iron Man sequels were a bit ehhh right on the line of enjoy/notsomuch) and have become attached to all of the characters in the movies.

However, if this trailer is a revealing indication to what this movie is going to be like i have a feeling it might turn some of those people off who have become attached to the previous movies. It seems to have a much more serious vibe/style/tone... while not as dark as Man of Steel/Batman vs Superman i think the opposite of this is why a lot of people fell in love with Marvel's movies up to this point and who might not desire to see too much of a change. Age of Ultron, Winter Soldier and Civil War to an extent touched upon some of those more serious themes but they still maintained at their heart that more lighthearted vibe which i don't get anything of that from this trailer.

I don't doubt it will be successful and likely be a decent to good movie in it's own right and a lot of people will probably still enjoy it but if i'm being honest with myself i wasn't feeling what was presented in the trailer like i was with the previous movies up to this point.

Of course the movie experience can be much different than what's presented in the trailer and so it's not the end all be all. Just an initial impression sort of thing.

I do feel myself starting to get more excited about DC though to where i'm not as excited by Marvel's next thing as much, in the sense that there are other things happening, the recent "Crisis on Earth-X" crossover from the DCTV series made a big statement and impact and was one of the best motion picture comic experiences i've had, i had so much fun and different feelings with that i could barely contain myself haha... and i'm liking the direction of some of their recent and new projects. I think a simple explanation for this could be that Marvel is slowly drifting away from where it was and DC is moving toward that... in a sense. At least that's what i'm feeling at the moment. I'm kind of conflicted like if DC and Marvel were my parents and Marvel was like the cool awesome dad and mom was stressed out and under a lot of pressure but she's in a better place now and dad is losing interest and not as fun as he was and now mom is starting to come into her own and i'm enjoying my time with her more. CMON DAD i like how it used to be. Then if only it could be with both of them on the same page at the same time it could be awesome and amazing on so many levels. Maybe it's just me me but i'm not looking to comic book and comic book sources for seriousness/darkness and depressing themes and styles and tones i go to comic books to escape the serious/depressing stuff in the world and i live with depression as it is and so definitely don't need more of it. The Crisis on Earth-X DCseries crossover, Avengers movies, Guardians of the Galaxies movies, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, etc... is like the perfect experience example until the end of time, they still had serious subject matter and deeply emotional moments and adversity and all of that but it was within the style/tone heart and spirit of lighthearted hope and fun. Just give me that and i'll be satisfied and happy every time.
    I think it's important to understand that the material the movie is based of off was not a "happy" story. The tone was extremely serious, and I'm glad that Marvel isn't scared to adopt that for this movie. I doubt anybody will be deterred by this slightly new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post

It would make no sense for a movie to have the tone of Ragnarok or GoTG given the implications of a planetary-level invasion by Thanos wielding the Gauntlet. The "Infinity War" concept would bear no weight if all the characters were joking around about it (ahemRAGNAROKahem).

In fact, I'm desperately hoping that Thanos and the Black Order are the real deal and their machinations actually have consequences, and maybe cause the death of a major character or two. The bad guys desperately need a win and to look imposing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    It would make no sense for a movie to have the tone of Ragnarok or GoTG given the implications of a planetary-level invasion by Thanos wielding the Gauntlet. The "Infinity War" concept would bear no weight if all the characters were joking around about it (ahemRAGNAROKahem).
    But... Guardians had tons of weight in addition to the jokes. People cried when Mary Poppins dies, dammit.

Niffleheim

A lot of people died in Ragnarok and the bad guys actually won i don't know why ppl keep forgetting the seriousness of that.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough