Page 220 of 228 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3417

eh. I think that they are two parts of a whole. from one perspective, Scott only exists in the second to give Hope something to react to. it's her mission. Scott spends some of the movie inhabited by Hope's mom. he's the screw up/the bumbler needing Hope to get back on track. there are a couple scenes where Scott's only there to witness how awesome Hope is in combat or to be rescued by her.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And history proved them wrong. almost 40 years later it still usually tops "my favourite Star wars movies" lists.
    History didn't prove anyone wrong. That a lot of people like the movie doesn't mean the criticism is somehow invalid.

I loved it. As good or better than the original. Someone got it right with the time between these movies. Hope was making herself a pretty badass hero while Scott was in the brig. Not spoiling but her fight scenes show her to be quite a capable combatant, maybe moreso than Scott.

Guess I don't agree. I'm not sure I even want to agree with an idea that females have to be the same or better as males. Why can't they just be great being themselves? Don't agree with this article. Wasp was more important to me, in the movie than Ant-Man, more capable, etc.

I don't know that either character "developed" much. Scott was really close to the first movie, all the same things; love of daughter, making up for past mis-deeds. In Hope's story we learned more about her connection to her mother and also that she really can outthink or out-logic Scott. She's the daughter of scientists. Janet was portrayed as Dr. Van Dyne and capable in her own right. Given the heroic bit with Janet in the beginning, I felt it tied into Hope's own sense of doing right and all that. So I guess I saw things you didn't.

I'm also tired of onscreen and offscreen comments about Hope's hairstyle. It was obviously a form of homage to original Wasp's iconic hairstyle. And personally I loved it more than her current longer locks. I did not like the flashbacks with that cut in this movie; obviously a wig or something, not the actual cut she had in "Ant-Man".

It's weird, really.

Minor spoilers to follow.

I don't feel like Scott had a character journey here; I felt like he had a regression and all his development happened off screen between appearances.

With Hope, she's doing the same thing as the last film; getting tunnel vision and focusing on her goal to the exclusion of almost everything else. And just like last time, her goal isn't about her. It's about other people.

I feel like Hope didn't really move forward all that much; she just switched out one over-arching goal involving her parents for another (and switching from forgiving Hank to forgiving Scott). Her refusal to focus on herself and her habit of giving all her attention to outside forces and people could be an interesting personality trait but it isn't really explored, it's just keeping her in the narrative's back seat. But Scott felt like he actually moved backwards, and didn't get to make up the ground until the very end. So he ends up back where he started, but only after traveling backwards first. Is that character development or a relapse?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

they learned that they are stronger together than apart. remove Scott and Hope dies during this movie. remove Hope and Scott dies. this was them patching things up after Scott ran off to help Captain America. as for progression, Scott showed some impressive magic skills.

So, *so-called romantic tension, midst semi-sniping/quipping during fight scenes and the like aside*, the movie doesn't really advance characterization for either Scott or Hope, but to some degree, re-connects them plot-wise and possible relationship-wise.

Box office did well enough to merit another go, but depending on how they are able to advance them as individuals *and* a partnership on multiple levels in the next Avengers, or any where else they might show up (another extension of Avengers; ie; Cap, or Panther, etc) they may only gel within the confines of any movie playing up their Avengers' status whatever it ends up being. As some people have noted, Cap:Civil War plays as Avengers 2, pt 2 in a way. Unless there is a more serious work up on them as heroes and team mates, their own movie may just tread the same water (and/or playing up those characters like Bill Foster, returning as a Goliath) and more (but not enough) development may happen in an Avengers movie. Or not.

Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel to Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow, These Marvel Female Superheroes Reimagined As Football Players Is Fantabulous! See Pics
    https://www.latestly.com/social-vira...cs-264933.html

Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War gets a new wave of Cosbaby Bobble-Heads from Hot Toys
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/...from-hot-toys/

James Gunn dropped from GOTG 3 over old offensive tweets. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-vol-3-1128786

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Nice to see how measured Disney is compared to Fox with Bryan Singer. This risks pretty much all the MCU Cosmic stuff being put on the back burner unless they think Taika can pick it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Nice to see how measured Disney is compared to Fox with Bryan Singer. This risks pretty much all the MCU Cosmic stuff being put on the back burner unless they think Taika can pick it all up.
    I, personally, think that Taika would be better at it. I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok a lot more than Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Spectacular Member

There's nothing "unfair" about this from what I’m seeing people post on the internet. He did it to himself. The internet is forever and he got what he deserved.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by areuyellingatmee View Post
    There's nothing "unfair" about this from what I’m seeing people post on the internet. He did it to himself. The internet is forever and he got what he deserved.
    Bull. We’re not always the same person we were five or ten years ago and what nonsense we stuck on Facebook back then. This mentality which spun out of legitimate issues with Weinstein and Spacey is in danger of getting out of hand if we take no time to breathe and reflect first.