Page 152 of 228 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3417
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    The Director decided to make it short...I mean unless you are arguing Keven or the Mouse forced him to make it that short...

We aren't getting the Full Planet Hulk, we are skipping straight to the Silver Surfer fight.
    So what? That doesn't, if it's true, make him exempt from criticism, nor does it make it any less disappointing.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    The Director decided to make it short...I mean unless you are arguing Kevin or the Mouse forced him to make it that short...

We aren't getting the Full Planet Hulk, we are skipping straight to the Silver Surfer fight.
    It's not that they told him to make it short, but this director is simply a horrible match for Thor. Taika is known for short, fast paced movies that, while endearing, and fun, don't do much else.

Thor losing his hammer is supposed to matter, as the whole point of the first Thor was him reclaiming it. Now it breaking is made to be humorous? This movie will very likely fail in the story, and character, aspects of the movie.

Ultimate Member

100 minutes for a lot of movies is far too short to tell a complete story.

While I don't see this movie's plot to be particularly complicated, there are tons of elements that need to be "covered".

Honestly, it really does seem that Marvel studios don't have a clear idea of where and how they want to interpret the Thor movies. I know people love the Thor trailer but honestly the "epicness" of the comics doesn't seem to be carried over into the movies at all.

Perhaps Marvel should get Patty Jenkins to direct Thor (LOL).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

While I don't see this movie's plot to be particularly complicated, there are tons of elements that need to be "covered".

Honestly, it really does seem that Marvel studios don't have a clear idea of where and how they want to interpret the Thor movies. I know people love the Thor trailer but honestly the "epicness" of the comics doesn't seem to be carried over into the movies at all.

This looks to be an SS situation: fun trailers, but a mess of a movie.

Lol, how does Skurge have a character arc in this 100min movie, when Valkyrie, and Hela need to be introduced and developed? What of Odin, Heimdall, Sif, Loki, The Warriors Three, Dr. Strange, and Surtur?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    How can you be so sure? Every movie that has a fighting arena of some sort has a brief cameo fight to show how dangerous the fighting is.
    I have never seen them use cameos for those kinds of scenes.

How bout we all wait for the film to actually come out before we criticize the pacing and length, yeah?

Astonishing Member

Lol, how does Skurge have a character arc in this 100min movie, when Valkyrie, and Hela need to be introduced and developed? What of Odin, Heimdall, Sif, Loki, The Warriors Three, Dr. Strange, and Surtur?
    Nothing more than supporting characters. They don't need complete character arcs.

Movies have for decades told complete stories with larger casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Nah, taika waititi is much better. Never thought I would see kirby designs alive on movies.

Thor already have worldbuilding doen and we know the characters, so a short movie could do very well

Amazing Member

100 minutes for a ragnarok story?? not to mention the introduction of several characters...well, good luck with that. ffs, even ant man's running time is longer than this and that movie mostly involved only some heists and father-daughter relationship. honestly, i won't be surprised if this movie fails.

atleast there is still the infinity war to look forward to...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Nothing more than supporting characters. They don't need complete character arcs.

Movies have for decades told complete stories with larger casts.
    Karl Urban said he gets a character arc, apparently. Odin being on Earth is a major plot point. Heimdall is clearly going to be given focus. Surtur is to be introduced, and likely killed, within a 100min movie, in which he is not the main antagonist?

Train wreck waiting to happen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    How bout we all wait for the film to actually come out before we criticize the pacing and length, yeah?
    You mean wait to see the film before insulting everything about it? No that's far too rational.

BANNED

You know they will.
    Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Man Thing.
    But keep making dumb statements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Marvel doesn't have the film rights to Man Thing.
    But keep making dumb statements.
    Lions Gate hasn't done anything with them in 12 years. You're sure they're not back at Marvel by now?

Also, his wife was in Iron Man 3.
    Last edited by Carabas; 07-26-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Considering SS suffered greatly by a studio not trusting their director and allowing a trailer house help cut the film and Marvel us actually trusting their director I think it will be different.

They're great at under using those great casts, as well.

These cinematic universes tend to do that, for some reason.
    Because they want you to spend most of the time getting to know or spending time with the main characters because if the audience likes them they'll come back for the sequel. They don't care about the audience caring about Ronan or Warriors Three all that matters if they care about the Guardians and Thor and it works for them.