Page 12 of 228 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon might have had the right idea in upgrading the Daily Bugle into "Daily Bugle Communications," a full-on news network where Jonah is constantly on TV screens in New York haranguing and calling out Spider-Man and other heroes.

All you'd need to do is find some way for Peter to be employed there, include Robbie, Betty, and some of the other Bugle reporters from the comics, and it would still work pretty much the same as it always has.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon might have had the right idea in upgrading the Daily Bugle into "Daily Bugle Communications," a full-on news network where Jonah is constantly on TV screens in New York haranguing and calling out Spider-Man and other heroes.

All you'd need to do is find some way for Peter to be employed there, include Robbie, Betty, and some of the other Bugle reporters from the comics, and it would still work pretty much the same as it always has.
    Maybe not that last part. Or at least not as frequently. That was pretty much a caricature and a waste of J.K. Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    Maybe not that last part. Or at least not as frequently. That was pretty much a caricature and a waste of J.K. Simmons.
    I agree, but it does seem like a natural and modern update of Jonah and the Bugle, if used correctly .

In no way am I advocating Homecoming being like the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    My biggest gripe with MCU Thor is how much he depends on his hammer.

His is the God of Thunder, not the God of Hammer. He would still whoop 99% of the people that are placed in front of him without it.

But, I guess, "Magic" can always be used to beat him... especially 2 magicians with kingly/queenly blood I suppose.

Still... anyone that would step in a gladiator ring with thor would be OHKO'd.. hammer or not lol
    Thor's been mega-nerfed in the MCU. Without Mjolnir he's barely above Captain America I bet. The only time he looked like a fearsome warrior was on Earth stripped of his powers when he beat the snot out of a bunch of SHIELD agents.

But going back to that IGN article, it would be really cool to see Thor running a Gladiator gauntlet against various trolls, elves, frost giants, etc. He's supposed to be Asgard's greatest warrior. He needs to show it. Then again that article was just a plot rumor. Filming on Ragnarok hasn't even started so things could change dramatically in the next six months.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Thor's been mega-nerfed in the MCU. Without Mjolnir he's barely above Captain America I bet. The only time he looked like a fearsome warrior was on Earth stripped of his powers when he beat the snot out of a bunch of SHIELD agents.
    Eh, he was non nonchalantly destroying IM at max power, while Cap took a ton of effort and luck.

Thor also put a whoopin on Loki and body slammed him without Mjolnir before Loki ran away. THe same Loki who tanked Cap's hits with ease.

So yeah, mega nerfed but still in the top level of the MCU. His scene against the Frost Giants, where he was able to let loose withotu fear of collateral damage, is "real power" Thor to me.

But going back to that IGN article, it would be really cool to see Thor running a Gladiator gauntlet against various trolls, elves, frost giants, etc. He's supposed to be Asgard's greatest warrior. He needs to show it. Then again that article was just a plot rumor. Filming on Ragnarok hasn't even started so things could change dramatically in the next six months.
    Yeah, this could be a really interesting film.

Hela, Loki, Mjolnir-less Thor, Hulk, Odin?, possible Valkryie? Neato
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

AoS spoilers....

spoilers:

So Lincoln died, Daisy is off grid, Hive is gone, and Coulson no longer directions SHIELD

Does this effect anyting in the real MCU at all lol? I don't watch the show, only read spoilers in case it affects the movies at all
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

I never used to watch AoS they roped me in with the Inhuman stuff. I wonder if Vision throw away line about "the number of known enhanced persons growing exponentially" has anything to do with the show or specifically Iron Man lol! Either way AoS don't matter one way or the other

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I never used to watch AoS they roped me in with the Inhuman stuff. I wonder if Vision throw away line about "the number of known enhanced persons growing exponentially" has anything to do with the show or specifically Iron Man lol! Either way AoS don't matter one way or the other
    Yeah, I was really hoping the TV side was referenced more (or ever) but the movies.

Once it became apparent AoS didn't effect the movies at all, I gave up on it. Didn't like it enough to continue watching. The lack of cross over makes Coulson's return a big mistake IMO

At least the Netflix series are legit.

BANNED

AoS spoilers....

spoilers:

So Lincoln died, Daisy is off grid, Hive is gone, and Coulson no longer directions SHIELD

Does this effect anyting in the real MCU at all lol? I don't watch the show, only read spoilers in case it affects the movies at all
    end of spoilers
    The show is desperately crying out for the MCU to acknowledge it. I almost feel sorry for them. The show should have never been made. I wish ABC would just admit their mistake.

AoS spoilers....

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    The short answer is no. Chloe Bennett herself even said so. I have no idea why I keep watching AOS. It's not good, at all, but I do. It was too dependent on Avengers hype when it started, and it's still too dependent on the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    The show is desperately crying out for the MCU to acknowledge it. I almost feel sorry for them. The show should have never been made. I wish ABC would just admit their mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    The short answer is no. Chloe Bennett herself even said so. I have no idea why I keep watching AOS. It's not good, at all, but I do. It was too dependent on Avengers hype when it started, and it's still too dependent on the movies.
    I think TWS kinda, sorta detonated the show.

Which is weird, because it also invigorated it a bit. Gave it a plot that didn't suck for awhile.

Once SHIELD imploded... a show called AoS kinda, sorta, prolly should have died.

I would have loved a REAL spy show based on SHIELD. But, from the get go it was just too... light hearted. Ward was the only character that felt like a true SHIELD agent. Well, I guess May too.

Then switched to the Inhuman plot line was ok, but the cool thing about the inhumans is basically the royal family so... yeah...

*shrug*

Its prolly got one more season to wrap up lose ends and go away, maybe i'll binge it all then.

Which is weird, because it also invigorated it a bit. Gave it a plot that didn't suck for awhile.

Once SHIELD imploded... a show called AoS kinda, sorta, prolly should have died.

I would have loved a REAL spy show based on SHIELD. But, from the get go it was just too... light hearted. Ward was the only character that felt like a true SHIELD agent. Well, I guess May too.

Then switched to the Inhuman plot line was ok, but the cool thing about the inhumans is basically the royal family so... yeah...

*shrug*

Its prolly got one more season to wrap up lose ends and go away, maybe i'll binge it all then.
    Honestly, a four season run on a major network isn't all that bad. Sure you have stuff like CSI and Grey's Anatomy (which should have been euthanized about 7 seasons ago) that go on forever but most shows get axed by season three, unless they are on CW (which lets be serious isn't a real network even though Flash is fantastic).
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-20-2016 at 09:27 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

AoS' quality or lack of it isn't why the Movies don't reference the TV show.

The movie division isn't getting along with the TV division right now. If Feige was in charge of the TV dept. it would be different.

We had movie characters crossing over to the TV show before Permutter got forced out.

*shrug*

I agree for the most part.

I would have preferred a much more grounded take on the AoS. Some of the tech and whatnot seems a bit too fantastical, at times crossing into becoming campy in a way that SHIELD agents in the films were not portrayed. There was a definite disconnect.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Honestly, a four season run on a major network isn't all that bad. Sure you have stuff like CSI and Grey Anatomy (which should have been euthanized about 7 seasons ago) that go on forever but most shows get axed by season three, unless they are on CW (which lets be serious isn't a real network even though Flash is fantastic).
    OH yeah, I don't think its "WORSE SHOW EVER OMG THIS SUCKS!" like the internet likes. I can definitely see the appeal fo the show for "tv" watchers.

I am not a TV person, so a show has to be really good to get me to take. DD and JJ are probably the only two shows ive watched start to finish... and that benefits from being able to be binged.