Page 120 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3417

Apparently Miley Cyrus is joining GoTG 2? I wonder if she'll be sticking her tounge out, twerking and doing nasty things while she talks on screen. I kid.

Then there’s the fictional setting of Wakanda, which trades the prosaic metropolitan cities of most Marvel movies for something exciting and new. T’Challa’s wealthy nation strikes a balance between high-tech futurism and verdant nature, suggesting an African grassland where technology can enhance what the earth gives us instead of plundering it. We saw dailies and concept art of an African tech castle with a driveway filled by sleek airships, a glowing Vibranium waterfall, a futuristic Wakanda Design Center where T’Challa goes to visit his sister Shuri, and a shot so striking — T’Challa, deep in the forest, regarding an old tree draped with a dozen panthers — that it’s been painted as a mural in one of the studio’s most highly trafficked hallways.
    This is most intriguing to me. From what it sounds like Marvel really wants Black Panther to be a truly unique film and stand out among the rest. I really hope they do the character justice. It's probably the film I'm most anticipating, even more than Ragnarok.

I wonder if the YouTube video from The Know channel has already been posted? It's interesting, because it seems to indicate that Universal may have claims on She-Hulk as part of the larger distribution rights. So it kind of makes sense that Marvel can't really make a live-action She-Hulk movie, either.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Niffleheim

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 The embargo is lifted now the reviews are pouring in and it doesn't sound overly mixed.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-24-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 The embargo is lifted now the reviews are pouring in and it doesn't sound overly mixed.
    Reading some of them (against my better judgement) but so far I'm not really surprised at some of the criticisms

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Is that supposed to be good or bad? I've only seen two negative reviews and even then I couldn't finish one because it was full of spoilers.

BANNED

From what I've heard so far, and by people I trust, GotG 2 is "OOGA CHAKA" to the extreme. Even Jeremy Jahns gave it a "good time if you're drunk" rating, the same as the one he gave to BvS. It's GotG, just with more jokes, an even more forgettable villain, and a story that goes nowhere. It's basically "Marvel Memes: The flick". As for the rest of the reviews, they're all agreeing that it's a comfy flick. Eh, dunno. I'll probably Netflix it or something. I don't have the time to go the movies now anyway, so it's nice to hear I won't miss much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Jeremy Jahns is a fucking idiot.
    Because he doesn't give GotG2 a great review?

(By the way, if GotG2 turns out to be an awful movie because someone thought making a good sequel was as simple as doing more of everything they did before I would not be surprised.)
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 04-24-2017 at 05:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I wonder if the YouTube video from The Know channel has already been posted? It's interesting, because it seems to indicate that Universal may have claims on She-Hulk as part of the larger distribution rights. So it kind of makes sense that Marvel can't really make a live-action She-Hulk movie, either.

Damn I can't believe I didn't realize that sooner. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    From what I've heard so far, and by people I trust, GotG 2 is "OOGA CHAKA" to the extreme. Even Jeremy Jahns gave it a "good time if you're drunk" rating, the same as the one he gave to BvS. It's GotG, just with more jokes, an even more forgettable villain, and a story that goes nowhere. It's basically "Marvel Memes: The flick". As for the rest of the reviews, they're all agreeing that it's a comfy flick. Eh, dunno. I'll probably Netflix it or something. I don't have the time to go the movies now anyway, so it's nice to hear I won't miss much.
    It's on 92% on RT with just 30 reviews so idk. That score would go down and RT doesn't really matter that much but I'm trying my best not to kill my hype for this movie, so I can actually have my own opinion when I see it (if I have the time). But I did see one review say Ayesha was a great villian (unless I read it wrong) and while some jokes don't land, it's pretty hilarious. I'm also kind of tired of this whole "final battle is a huge CGI romp" complaint. I mean what does anyone expect from a space opera type of movie. It's cliche yes, but that doesn't make it bad, unless it's done badly (or if the CGI just sucks). I personally enjoy it especially if it's engaging. Some reviewers found the family thing cringe-worthy while some others found it endearing. At least from all accounts it's a good movie. I'm not surprised by the "universe doesn't really feel in danger" criticism considering Gunn said himself that it doesn't follow the current MCU continuity. It kinda helped that Vol.1 dealt with an Infinity Stone and as well as Thanos. But it's a good thing it found its own identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Because he doesn't give GotG2 a great review?

(By the way, if GotG2 turns out to be an awful movie because someone thought making a good sequel was as simple as doing more of everything they did before I would not be surprised.)
    This is kind of odd considering James Gunn said he wasn't trying to recreate the magic of Vol. 1 with this movie. If this ends up being the case, I'd be quite disappointed. I hate it when movies and tv shows don't live up to the expectations set by the makers themselves. This happened particularly with Iron Fist and Doctor Strange (although to a smaller degree in the case of the latter). I really hope Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Black Panther add some needed life that the MCU does seem to be lacking a little as of late (though I still love these movies and the universe as a whole).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post

Honestly, I don't even need a She-Hulk solo movie. Just throw Jennifer as a supporting character on the Captain Marvel movie, then on phase 4 let her be one of the main players in a new Avengers line-up. She just needs to be there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's on 92% on RT with just 30 reviews so idk. That score would go down and RT doesn't really matter that much but I'm trying my best not to kill my hype for this movie, so I can actually have my own opinion when I see it (if I have the time). But I did see one review say Ayesha was a great villian (unless I read it wrong) and while some jokes don't land, it's pretty hilarious. I'm also kind of tired of this whole "final battle is a huge CGI romp" complaint. I mean what does anyone expect from a space opera type of movie. It's cliche yes, but that doesn't make it bad, unless it's done badly (or if the CGI just sucks). I personally enjoy it especially if it's engaging. Some reviewers found the family thing cringe-worthy while some others found it endearing. At least from all accounts it's a good movie. I'm not surprised by the "universe doesn't really feel in danger" criticism considering Gunn said himself that it doesn't follow the current MCU continuity. It kinda helped that Vol.1 dealt with an Infinity Stone and as well as Thanos. But it's a good thing it found its own identity.

This is kind of odd considering James Gunn said he wasn't trying to recreate the magic of Vol. 1 with this movie. If this ends up being the case, I'd be quite disappointed. I hate it when movies and tv shows don't live up to the expectations set by the makers themselves. This happened particularly with Iron Fist and Doctor Strange (although to a smaller degree in the case of the latter). I really hope Thor: Ragnarok, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Black Panther add some needed life that the MCU does seem to be lacking a little as of late (though I still love these movies and the universe as a whole).
    Maybe success is making them complacent. I am lowering my expectations for all movies this year if GotG2 falls into that trap.

I watched GOTG# 2 tonight and enjoyed it. Lots of action and lots of laughs plus lots of fan moments for long time Marvel readers.
    I enjoyed it.

Kevin Feige says Thanos' "motives will be similar to what they were in the Infinity Gauntlet in various ways"

Chris Pratt on working with Robert Downey Jr. and on Avengers: Infinity War

Early on, James said that, when he was casting the role of Quill, he was thinking of somebody who was gonna one day be in a scene opposite Robert Downey Jr. He knew that character had that potential, that there was a collision course for these characters, potentially. At that time, that was really daunting to think of that. And over the past couple of years I’ve been slowly learning, and honing my job and my skill set for this job.
    Getting to work with Robert, it just felt really really natural. He’s a remarkable actor. I’d heard stories abut his work ethic, and his specific style of acting in regard to being in the moment, changing things up, keeping you on your toes. Essentially, it’s like playing with a great jazz musician or something like that. You kind of work on your chops for years, thinking there’s a chance you’re going to get a chance to work with this great jazz musician, and then you do, and you watch him go off on some solo, and you’re pumped because you know that after four bars you’re going to get a chance to come in and do your own thing, and you sit there and you make some good music. It was really cool. I felt like I was playing in part of a supergroup or something.
    It’s exactly what the fans want. I’ve heard over and over from people, ‘When are the Guardians going to meet up with the Avengers?’ I was never sure how that would happen or if that would happen, but then they announced it and called us and told us it was happening. We’ve shot most of it — my stuff — and I can tell you, the fans are not going to be disappointed. It’s going to be really freaking cool.