Page 124 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Its not a bad idea at all. In fact, they could likely say that about the entire Circle; they're all Thanos' "kids" and that would serve to make Corvus and Proxima that much more twisted. While they're not actually family, their being step-siblings is still sorta gross. And it gives Gamora something to talk about.
    Oh come on now, their marriage is wholesome, don't spoil it for me

I prefer to think of Corvus as more like Thanos' son-in-law, if Proxima ends up being one of Thanos' 'daughters'. More along the lines of the Other from earlier in the MCU, just like, one of the many 'servants of Thanos'

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I know one of the Sam Raimi films (I think 2), had the woman on the street playing the theme. Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the theme as Peter's ringtone, and he hummed it a few times. This is just the perfect next step.

And I mean, people criticize the MCU movies don't have memorable scores, I think something like this will help a lot! Just watching this video gave me goosebumps, I can only imagine what happens when they put it in the actual film!
    Yep, it was SM 2. Right after Peter missed MJ's play.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I know one of the Sam Raimi films (I think 2), had the woman on the street playing the theme. Amazing Spider-Man 2 had the theme as Peter's ringtone, and he hummed it a few times. This is just the perfect next step.

And I mean, people criticize the MCU movies don't have memorable scores, I think something like this will help a lot! Just watching this video gave me goosebumps, I can only imagine what happens when they put it in the actual film!
    I would have preferred something new. I think there's plenty of MCU themes that are fun to hum, but are not memorable. For instance, I think the theme from Iron Man 3 is pretty awesome. My friend and I always hum the theme from Captain America: The First Avenger.

The problem is...the theme changes from movie to movie. TFA theme was just used a little at the beginning of the Winter Soldier, when Cap is running around the Washington Monument, but it gives away to a more high-tempo theme that is carried throughout the movie. I do like the theme that ends Winter Soldier, but I don't remember it being used in Civil War.

That's partially the reason why the themes from the MCU movies haven't really took hold. They don't really go from movie to movie. There was a video released a while back that talks about how a lot of the classic themes are not only used from movie to movie within a franchise, but also used in promotional materials for the movie (trailers, toy commercials, etc.). Marvel Studios doesn't really do that.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So how about that Giacchino sneak peek of what's undoubtedly the score to play during the MCU logo of Homecoming?

Amazing, sensational, and spectacular. An ultimate theme to undoubtedly play in the MCU logo. It makes me renew my vow to watch the movie, and it's astonishing how Giacchino's been on a roll lately with his superior composing skills.
    Oh man, I might just pull a Paul Reubens when I hear this in the theater.

BANNED

This version has the actual logo.

Yeah technically that's unofficial, but in the original video if you look closely at the conductor's little screen, you can see part of the Marvel Studios logo in front of him, so most likely that'll be the final product. The Homecoming trailers have had the logos of Sony, Columbia, and Marvel Studios in that order, so if that'll be carrying over to the movie, at least we'd be getting this fantastic snippet to play right before we're thrust into the movie.

Imma be watching in IMAX, so I'll most definitely be getting a feast for the ears.

As far as MCU scores go, I never really thought about it before as I never payed attention. Probably the only MCU leitmotif I remember the most is the Avengers one, appearing in the first Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Civil War. Maybe next year when I do my MCU movie rewatch sweep in anticipation of Infinity War, I should listen to the scores.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 05-22-2017 at 05:32 PM.

BANNED

Yeah technically that's unofficial, but in the original video if you look closely at the conductor's little screen, you can see part of the Marvel Studios logo in front of him, so most likely that'll be the final product. The Homecoming trailers have had the logos of Sony, Columbia, and Marvel Studios in that order, so if that'll be carrying over to the movie, at least we'd be getting this fantastic snippet to play right before we're thrust into the movie.

Imma be watching in IMAX, so I'll most definitely be getting a feast for the ears.

As far as MCU scores go, I never really thought about it before as I never payed attention. Probably the only MCU leitmotif I remember the most is the Avengers one, appearing in the first Avengers, Age of Ultron, and Civil War. Maybe next year when I do my MCU movie rewatch sweep in anticipation of Infinity War, I should listen to the scores.
    I hate the Avengers score with a passion. The Winter Soldier has the best score with the Incredible Hulk and Thor coming in tied for second in my opinion.

I think that Marvel logo for Spider-Man Homecoming might best play after a few minutes of the movie, like the logo in Guardians after we saw Quill get abducted.

I would say Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man 3, Doctor Strange, Avengers 1 & 2, and Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2 have the most memorable scores for me, with the Avengers and Cap themes being the most recognizable. The rest are kind of take it or leave it for me, with maybe a few good tracks in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I would have preferred something new. I think there's plenty of MCU themes that are fun to hum, but are not memorable. For instance, I think the theme from Iron Man 3 is pretty awesome. My friend and I always hum the theme from Captain America: The First Avenger.

The problem is...the theme changes from movie to movie. TFA theme was just used a little at the beginning of the Winter Soldier, when Cap is running around the Washington Monument, but it gives away to a more high-tempo theme that is carried throughout the movie. I do like the theme that ends Winter Soldier, but I don't remember it being used in Civil War.

That's partially the reason why the themes from the MCU movies haven't really took hold. They don't really go from movie to movie. There was a video released a while back that talks about how a lot of the classic themes are not only used from movie to movie within a franchise, but also used in promotional materials for the movie (trailers, toy commercials, etc.). Marvel Studios doesn't really do that.
    I wonder if this is on purpose?

I mean, you look at what came before, and stuff like the Danny Elfman Batman theme, the old Spidey theme, and of course, the John Williams Superman theme, are classics that are almost as well known as the characters they serve.

Yet Marvel doesnt retain their own themes across sequels? I mean, nothing Marvel Studios has done comes close to the level of those classics, but still.

Why would they avoid even trying to achieve a score that memorable? Could it be because those themes can become too limiting? I mean, just look at the outrage DC faced when they announced that Hans Zimmer would be doing a totally original score for Man of Steel. Maybe Marvel figures that even if they did manage a score that could last like those mentioned above, it'd come back to bite them in the ass later, when they decide they need to mix things up?

Or maybe the people at Marvel Studios dont care about movie scores very much?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Why would they avoid even trying to achieve a score that memorable? Could it be because those themes can become too limiting? I mean, just look at the outrage DC faced when they announced that Hans Zimmer would be doing a totally original score for Man of Steel. Maybe Marvel figures that even if they did manage a score that could last like those mentioned above, it'd come back to bite them in the ass later, when they decide they need to mix things up?
    Because those previous movies existed within their own self-contained universes, and even then the Batman movies didn't really follow each other narratively, thematically, and most certainly not aesthetically. Since the original Superman films didn't cross over into the Batman films, then the studio wouldn't have to consider some kind of theme that works for both for the eventual crossover.

Since Marvel is co-joining so many various heroes and universes together, and literally having them all eventually in one single movie, then the music scores have to be prepared to be able to blend together to eventually form on a single soundtrack, thematically showing that all the various MCU superhero films are in one universe.

Guardians of the Galaxy manages to more or less subvert/go around this by instead, fully licensing 70s and 80s music as their soundtrack. Or in Vol.2's case, they did use a Hasshelhoff cover of song that was a homage to the original Guardians comic as an underlying theme at some points.

But for the other movies, the result is something generic.

One can also argue that because Marvel prefers to deal in 'greys' and more 'realistic' characters, rather than very strong archetypical characters like Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman; this is also reflected in their title themes. You can even see it in the costume/superhero design - DC's superheroes have very strong visual themes, that can be argued to be ridiculously looking, but also very striking and thematic. This transfers to their music themes as well.

Okay, maybe Wonder Woman's is more...camp, then anything. But here's hoping she gets something good for the movie (I honestly don't have really high hopes, I'm just hoping not that 'wah wah wah' metal music from trailer).

I wonder if this is on purpose?

I mean, you look at what came before, and stuff like the Danny Elfman Batman theme, the old Spidey theme, and of course, the John Williams Superman theme, are classics that are almost as well known as the characters they serve.

Yet Marvel doesnt retain their own themes across sequels? I mean, nothing Marvel Studios has done comes close to the level of those classics, but still.

Or maybe the people at Marvel Studios dont care about movie scores very much?
    There are some who feel that music in a movie should be more ambient than noticeable. I think some movie executives do not really notice scores as much as others. I'm not saying Kevin Feige is one of those executives, but I would not be surprised if he was.

Me? I'm not of that mind. The score of movie can play a big factor in how much I like a movie. For instance, I could listen to the Transformers soundtrack over and over. Jablonsky's scoring was so powerful and memorable that I find myself humming anywhere from 3 to 5 different compositions.

Regarding you mentioning how having a memorable theme that one may associate just with a character, I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm prone to adapt, but I fully recognize and respect the John Williams' score for Superman, but I think Hans Zimmer's score is brilliant, too.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

"576 webshooter combinations"

I don't really like that.

BANNED

Does seem excessive besides if you are going to do the absurd number just say 616 lol.

I think its interesting that Donald Glover character is giving him advice.

I like the parachute.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Oh come on now, their marriage is wholesome, don't spoil it for me

I prefer to think of Corvus as more like Thanos' son-in-law, if Proxima ends up being one of Thanos' 'daughters'. More along the lines of the Other from earlier in the MCU, just like, one of the many 'servants of Thanos'
    I really despise Joss Whedon for ignorantly using the term "The Other", which has nothing whatsoever to do with cosmic Marvel. At least Derrickson treated that part of the Marvel universe with respect.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I really despise Joss Whedon for ignorantly using the term "The Other", which has nothing whatsoever to do with cosmic Marvel. At least Derrickson treated that part of the Marvel universe with respect.
    That name got me wondering if MCU version of Chthon somehow never escaped to another dimension but became a Cosmic/Dimensional conqueror like Shuma-Gorath and ended up having alien worshippers.
    But apparently I was overthinking.