Page 126 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 3417

Paul Bettany will appear at Wizard Word Philadelphia which runs from June 1-4.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Haha, awesome.

BANNED

Annnnd Guardians is still my favorite MCU movie series with Winter Soldier and Strange following behind.

Not excited for Homecoming at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Annnnd Guardians is still my favorite MCU movie series with Winter Soldier and Strange following behind.

You finally saw Vol 2 or something? I think it might be my favorite MCU movie.

I don't know what to think about Spiderman. I get the feeling they just turned him into Iron Man 2.0. Maybe it was by Sony's request. Maybe Feige wanted it. I don't know. I do know that ever since they stole Ganke from Miles' story they've been stepping in the wrong direction with me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Damn, that's a badass lineup. At first I was like "Dude, wrong publisher! That's a DC character!" then I realized that Bucky and Cap were there, and I laughed. Then I noticed Logan, and I feel like I really need to see this story told now.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-30-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Thought this may interesting everyone here:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...derbolts-team/
    It might make a better movie than a show. I dont see netflix expanding past the defenders and budget is always gonna be a concern.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It might make a better movie than a show. I dont see netflix expanding past the defenders and budget is always gonna be a concern.
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. There's been a lot of talk about all different types of crossovers happening in the MCU, but they rarely come to fruition. Especially the more offbeat ones like Ghost Rider and Punisher teaming up. Besides, I think they're saving Thunderbolts for the movies. Potential Masters of Evil storyline with Zemo down the line.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

BANNED

Unfortunately I saw another trailer for Homecoming tonight before Wonder Woman. Man, this might be the second time I've said this about an MCU movie but this thing looks STUPID! I said the same thing about the first Gaurdians movie and it turned out pretty good so we'll have to see if my initial impression is correct this time about Homecoming.

BANNED

Netflix doesn't have the cash granted AoS did the work already so maybe Netflix can copy the FX and CGI from Ghost Rider.

But I still don't think their team would be called Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Unfortunately I saw another trailer for Homecoming tonight before Wonder Woman. Man, this might be the second time I've said this about an MCU movie but this thing looks STUPID! I said the same thing about the first Gaurdians movie and it turned out pretty good so we'll have to see if my initial impression is correct this time about Homecoming.
    It is directed by Jon Watts who made that terrible vacation movie a couple years ago. :P

But yeah, as much as I do want Homecoming to succeed I get what you're coming from. It seems Marvel Studios and Sony are trying so hard to make this movie hip, and funny, and obviously connected to the MCU by having Iron Man be a mentor to Spider-Man that they kind of missed the mark. None of these are the reasons why we wanted Spider-Man at Marvel in the first place. It's not all bad though. Tom Holland was great in Civil War capturing all aspects of Peter Parker (the humor in the suit and the endearing charm of him outside of it), the high school angle has a lot of potential for new stories, Michael Keaton as The Vulture is awesomeness waiting to happen. And who knows? Maybe Iron Man doesn't play that big of a role and they're just showing him a lot in the ads for marketing purposes.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    It is directed by Jon Watts who made that terrible vacation movie a couple years ago. :P
    Actually that's wrong. Jon Watts only directorial feature so far is an indie-film called Cop Car, which was pretty good.

However, the initial writers of the film were the writers of that Vacation movie, but the script has since been re-written by 4 other people, so I don't think it's fair to judge it based just on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Actually that's wrong. Jon Watts only directorial feature so far is an indie-film called Cop Car, which was pretty good.

However, the initial writers of the film were the writers of that Vacation movie, but the script has since been re-written by 4 other people, so I don't think it's fair to judge it based just on that.
    Crap, my mistake. I knew someone involved with Homecoming played a part in creating that Vacation movie. You're right that we shouldn't dismiss or lose faith in the movie because those writers are on the project, but I just thought it was worth noting since multiple users keep saying how dumb and corny the trailers are making it look.

Ultimate Member

TWS is my personal favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Netflix doesn't have the cash granted AoS did the work already so maybe Netflix can copy the FX and CGI from Ghost Rider.

But I still don't think their team would be called Thunderbolts.
    Its unlikely we'll see the Netflix characters show up with anyone else in the MCU. I mean, the Defenders are aimed at a totally different audience, and while you could tell a story with, say, Daredevil and Spider-Man or Ghost Rider and Punisher and find a balance between the two tones, the company has to look at more than just the creative end of things.

Let's say they make a Thunderbolts show or movie with Punisher (or whoever) in it. What are kids going to do when they see this guy in action? They'll want to see more of him. Which will lead them to Netflix.....and immediately afterwards, Disney will be bombarded with angry calls from parents who let their kids watch a Marvel show on Netflix, only to realize it's for mature audiences and their kids are now having nightmares and/or trying to bash people's heads onto fence posts. Disney does not want that kind of bad press. And we know idiot parents will let their kids watch the Netflix shows, since they also brought their kids to see Logan and Deadpool despite the R-rating and the mountain of social media marketing designed to explicitly tell people those films weren't for kids despite the spandex and super powers.

Defenders are always going to be kept separate from the rest of the MCU. But I dont see much reason why some of the other tv characters (Coulson, Quake, the Inhumans, etc) couldn't find their way into a movie appearance. Those things might have to wait for contracts to expire, or perhaps not, but it's much more likely we'll see Quake and Coulson help out Fury than it is Daredevil will team up with Captain America.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I mean I still really REALLY want a Daredevil/Spider-Man flick or episode. Hopefully Daredevil gets away from its serialized format and starts doing stand alone episodes more often.