Page 128 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3417
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Saw this last night. And it looks.....I think it might actually look better than I had expected, to be honest. And I expected it to look really damn good. I think this is the film I am most excited about out of all of Marvel's lineup, past and future (sorry Carol, you'll have to settle for #2)

Not sold on the music though. I mean, its great to see Marvel trying to make their musical scores stand out a little more (we were just discussing that here), but there's a hip hop vibe that doesnt quite seem to fit. I'd expect music with a certain.....African......sensibility (sorry, not good with music terminology so that's the best I got), but the hip hop style beat seems to say "American" to me more than "African" But maybe Im just being overly sensitive?
    It's literally just trailer music. That song is called "Legend Has It" by rap duo Run the Jewels, off their latest album Run the Jewels 3. It's not part of the score so don't worry.

BANNED

Yes, ladies and gents, Black Panther has a frikkin movie... and it's legit!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I mean I still really REALLY want a Daredevil/Spider-Man flick or episode. Hopefully Daredevil gets away from its serialized format and starts doing stand alone episodes more often.
    Well if Daredevil and Spidey is a no go, (and my personal dream Spider-Man/ Wolverine film will probably never happen) I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a Spidey/ Black Panther team up flick. Spidey's earnest and goofy demeanor could be pretty fun when juxtaposed with T'Challa's no-nonsense attitude. Sort of an "Odd Couple" vibe, if you will.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

BANNED

Do you guys think they will make MCU T'challa on the same level as Tony in terms of intellect?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I am beyond pleased.

Just like always, Andy Serkis steals the damn show. (Also looks like the film's getting its own Riddles In The Dark scene :P)

BANNED

I love him as Klaue.

BANNED

how exactly is Klaue suppose to be a imminent threat to Wakanda and T'challa

Killmonger at least is on a equal footing with T'challa in combat skills

but Klaue, what's his ability? he seems just like another arms dealer

BANNED

At the moment he doesn't have an "ability", but that doesn't stop him from being a threat. Where there's a will there's a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    It's literally just trailer music. That song is called "Legend Has It" by rap duo Run the Jewels, off their latest album Run the Jewels 3. It's not part of the score so don't worry.
    Cool. Then I really look forward to hearing what the score is like. They nailed everything thus far, it seems. I know Im bitching a little about the music, but seriously, this trailer was f**king amazing.

I mean, it wouldn't be a deal breaker or anything, and Im not all up in arms about it, but that is not the sort of thing I imagine T'Challa listening to and it didn't feel very.....I dunno, native to the Wakandan region? It just sorta felt like Marvel saying "Black superhero? Well, "black" music of course!"

Good song, though.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    But maybe Im just being overly sensitive?

Yes
    10char

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    how exactly is Klaue suppose to be a imminent threat to Wakanda and T'challa

Killmonger at least is on a equal footing with T'challa in combat skills

but Klaue, what's his ability? he seems just like another arms dealer
    He's the only person to find Wakanda and escape alive. And he stole enough vibranium for Ultron to turn a small city into a flying meteor, and build an android (and who knows what else). That's a whole lot of vibranium, the alloy Wakanda protects to the death. Whatever skills and resources he's got, he has enough of both to have already been a threat to Wakanda. He didn't get out completely unscathed, since he did have that brand, but he got out. Which is more than anyone else can say. And he made Martin Freeman, who seems like a smart guy who's got his sh*t together, look like a fool.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Do you guys think they will make MCU T'challa on the same level as Tony in terms of intellect?
    Yes, but it wouldn't be as forefront as with Tony. Because Tony's real power is that he's a genius, T'Challa is also a king, warrior, master strategist and all that. I think it would be more like a mixture of Captain America and Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Yes
    10char
    hahaha yeah

people forget that the movie is not exactly for africans (they are probably doing some rap right now too) but for the African american demo.

I'm glad this doesn't have a: imagine dragons song or some sad slow cover of some song

I wasn't expecting a rap song, so this was a good surprise. Marvel has been soing really good songs for their trailers.
    No I don't see problem in black music for a black superhero movie. I mean rock, jazz, blues and rap are all black origins.

Also Ryan coogler crew has many black women and it is awesome. The costumes are so beautiful.
    I'm glad black panther is a celebration of africans. My ancesrals came from Africa, so this is awesome.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-11-2017 at 08:11 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I feel like the song choice was trying to be inclusive to white people anyways. Being that the group is one black guy and one white guy.

Most just don't do the research.

I mean they used the album cover for the BP comic but if they use the instrumental that's to far. smh
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 06-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.