Page 133 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3417
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    It's too bad Inhumans isn't a movie. A big budget movie focusing on the Royal family would be epic. As long as they actually focused on classic Inhumans and didn't try and make them into an X-Men analog like the nu-Inhumans. But Black Bolt, Medusa, and Lockjaw on the big screen could have been incredible
    I think this would be probably the first thing about the MCU I'm going to truly dislike. I think Netflix was good for these four Defenders as well as Punisher and the like, and I like AoS but the Inhumans, especially the Royal Family deserved a freakin movie. What's sad is that they've got a solid cast (Iwan Rheon as Maximus was spot-on casting) that feels wasted on a tv show. I doubt I'd be complaining about costumes, special effects, 'grounded' powers and cinematography if Kevin Feige was taking care of. It's a bit frustrating, but I do hope it's a good show. Iron Fist was quite a let down, but I at least think it deserves to be where it is.

And I need my MCU version of the Illuminati dammit!

Extraordinary Member

Also Attilan deserves a sick design like Wakanda.

I think the Inhumans *can* work on a tv budget if the showrunners are clever. I mean, we're basically just talking about "Game of Thrones meets the Monsters of Universal Studios." That's something a smart producer and directing team could spin on tv and make it work just fine.

The images we've seen thus far do not fill me with confidence however. But.....I wont write it off until I've seen the first episode. I mean, the final product might end up looking a lot better than the still images we've seen. It might be a longshot, but Marvel has earned the benefit of the doubt as far as Im concerned.

As for Ms. Marvel....that's a character they probably want for movies, so I dont see her showing up in tv. And her Inhuman origin can be retained easily enough, even though the films have been ignoring that aspect of the MCU. A three-minute voice over explaining the Inhuman situation (overheard on the news while the Khans eat dinner or something) would be enough to set the stage, and Kamala hasn't been all that deeply tied to her people anyway so once the origin is covered the coast is clear.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    As for Ms. Marvel....that's a character they probably want for movies, so I dont see her showing up in tv. And her Inhuman origin can be retained easily enough, even though the films have been ignoring that aspect of the MCU. A three-minute voice over explaining the Inhuman situation (overheard on the news while the Khans eat dinner or something) would be enough to set the stage, and Kamala hasn't been all that deeply tied to her people anyway so once the origin is covered the coast is clear.
    I strongly suspect that Feige would rather defect to DC than use the word 'Inhuman' in an MCU movie.

A week late but apparently, the Black Order may be collectively Thanos' adopted children put through tracing from hell ala Nebula and Gamora. Not that surprising honestly, I even speculated that it would be handy to make Proxima another of Thanos' adopted daughters, she fit the bill being not-beige and good at killingness.

Not as keen about the rest also being siblings, cause, of all things, I didn't expect an anime-hentai style 'Brother-Sister-but-not-blood-related' trope to be associated with my favourite married supervillain couple.

Even though this change would actually give them backstory, shared history, could potentially make them more sympathetic. I mean, if it means they fell in love because they stopped competing against each other and started supporting each other, like how Nebula hoped Gamora would have back when they were forced to fight, that sounds sympathetic and nice character depth.

Still prefer Corvus as Thanos' Son-in-law rather than 'Son' though.

I have no faith in the Inhumans series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the Inhumans *can* work on a tv budget if the showrunners are clever. I mean, we're basically just talking about "Game of Thrones meets the Monsters of Universal Studios." That's something a smart producer and directing team could spin on tv and make it work just fine.

The images we've seen thus far do not fill me with confidence however. But.....I wont write it off until I've seen the first episode. I mean, the final product might end up looking a lot better than the still images we've seen. It might be a longshot, but Marvel has earned the benefit of the doubt as far as Im concerned.
    Marvel Studios has absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt. Marvel Television, on the other hand, has a spottier record. Anything Feige doesn't have his hands on could go either way and isn't really a safe thing like the movies

BANNED

Marvel Studios has absolutely earned the benefit of the doubt. Marvel Television, on the other hand, has a spottier record. Anything Feige doesn't have his hands on could go either way and isn't really a safe thing like the movies
    I don't see how Marvel television has a spottier record than Marvel Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't see how Marvel television has a spottier record than Marvel Studios.
    Marvel Studios hasn't put out anything as bad as Iron Fist for one. At worst, their movies are mediocre and slightly below average. They haven't made a genuine trainwreck and their overall average is a solid movie with some real great ones here and there. When you're talking about a series that has over ten movies at this point, that's insanely impressive

BANNED

Marvel Studios hasn't put out anything as bad as Iron Fist for one. At worst, their movies are mediocre and slightly below average. They haven't made a genuine trainwreck and their overall average is a solid movie with some real great ones here and there. When you're talking about a series that has over ten movies at this point, that's insanely impressive
    Iron Fist wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the others. Sort of like Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World. Or the one they try to forget exists: The Incredible Hulk.

And by now we have 4 great seasons of Agents Of SHIELD (and one not so great, buut not exactly bad either), two great seasons of Agent Carter, 4 stellar Netflix seasons, and Iron Fist.
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-26-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Iron Fist wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the others. Sort of like Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World. Or the one they try to forget exists: The Incredible Hulk.

And by now we have 4 great seasons of Agents Of SHIELD (and one not so great, buut not exactly bad either), two great seasons of Agent Carter, 4 stellar Netflix seasons, and Iron Fist.
    Ok I respect that. I disagree with you on Iron Fist and Luke Cage so that's probably why the initial disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I like Kamala but how do you do a Ms. Marvel film without the Inhumans? Because even with as popular the Netflix shows are Feige is pretty determined to keep the TV MCU and Film MCU's separated which is a pretty decent idea given many people watch the films and not tv shows and the Netflix shows doesn't even have the Inhumans baggage. They were Perlmutter's "baby" and he wanted the Inhumans film mostly to spite Fox for having X-Men once Disney took Perlmutter out of the film division Feige put the film on hold and then had it relegated to TV. So I just don't know if a Ms. Marvel film would happen anytime soon like Phase 4.
    I think Ms. Marvel they could get away with not making her an inhuman, and getting powers some other way, or most likely just not referring to her being it (ala Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch). It'd probably be easier if they just make her an inhuman, but if they're really against it, then it wouldn't really effect much. How she gets her powers isn't important in the grand scheme of the story, at least for a movie, it's the character, how she uses the powers, and the relations with everyone around her.

Plus, Kamala has BARELY anything to do with the Inhumans anyway, so if they change that origin up but keep her powers intact for an adaptation, I wouldn't mind too much.

I thought that was a fun retcon and i could see a young pete being a huge fan of iron man. I could see Uncle ben trying to give pete his captain america trading cards but peter chooses the Iron Man helmet instead.

I think im the only one who likes Kamala's inhuman heritage and wished they did more with it .

I'm worried about the Inhumans because it has the showrunner as Iron Fist. Iron Fist is a good show to me but not as good as the other three and that show suffered from having a weak handle on its world which doesnt bode well for the inhumans.

Iron Fist did have a crossover with the X-men in his first comic run so I wouldnt mind if they gave him a crossover with the inhumans as a shoutout to that.