Page 137 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Iron Fist was the most watched Marvel show on Netflix, so people should know by now that critics and success are not the same thing. Anyway, I think a Ghost Rider TV show seems like the most obvious choice. Or maybe a S.W.O.R.D. spin-off after AOS is done. Whatever it is, I just hope it has a better production schedule than Inhumans did, specially if it's supposed to be another ''TV blockbuster''.
    I think the website that reported that was proven to be pretty bunk. I doubt it was as big as Daredevil or Luke Cage which pretty much had season 2s announced very quickly. I do think Danny will get another season but it might take more time

To the surprise of almost no one Spider-Man is doing well. Good to know those tickets are going to be worth it.

I'm not well versed in all things Inhuman but the trailer looked decent for what it was. Sure a movie would have been better but we have a show and it should be judged by those standards.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If ABC I hope Ghost Rider simply because they've shown they can make him look good I now don't trust them with space related material.
    Well, that episode with Jemma lost on an alien planet is still one of the most critically acclaimed episodes AOS has ever put out... so I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think next season is going to clear up whether they can handle the space set full-time or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think the website that reported that was proven to be pretty bunk. I doubt it was as big as Daredevil or Luke Cage which pretty much had season 2s announced very quickly. I do think Danny will get another season but it might take more time
    I didn't see anything being proven, tbh. There were a lot of talks of how no one can know 100% for sure because Netflix doesn't reveal exact numbers, but all the estimations pointed to it being a pretty popular show, so that's all we have to go by. And Finn Jones pretty much confirmed there would be a season 2 last month. Why they're taking longer to officially announce it, I don't know. I guess they might be rethinking a lot of things because of the bad critical reception...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I'm not well versed in all things Inhuman but the trailer looked decent for what it was. Sure a movie would have been better but we have a show and it should be judged by those standards.
    But that's the problem: a lot of things on that trailer look cheap for a big budget TV show standard, something we know it had. I mean, come on, even AOS had a better make-up department:

The Jemma story was film on a location building space stations scare me with them. The Helicarrier sets looked so cheap IMO on AoS.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Well, that episode with Jemma lost on an alien planet is still one of the most critically acclaimed episodes AOS has ever put out... so I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt. I think next season

I didn't see anything being proven, tbh. There were a lot of talks of how no one can know 100% for sure because Netflix doesn't reveal exact numbers, but all the estimations pointed to it being a pretty popular show, so that's all we have to go by. And Finn Jones pretty much confirmed there would be a season 2 last month. Why they're taking longer to officially announce it, I don't know. I guess they might be rethinking a lot of things because of the bad critical reception...

But that's the problem: a lot of things on that trailer look cheap for a big budget TV show standard, something we know it had. I mean, come on, even AOS had a better make-up department:

Part of the reason for delaying announcing a 2nd season could be that it's just so far away that it's not worth announcing yet. Unless they start releasing 4 series a year, the earliest it could come out is early 2019, perhaps even mid or late 2019 depending on how much (if any) the success of punisher & the defenders changes their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Inhumans trailer: It looks like an attempt to adapt the Inhumans using a TV budget. That's about all I'll say on that subject. Lockjaw looks cool though .
    Agreed.

The trailer doesnt seem.....bad.....but its definitely not on the level of the other MCU offerings, even among the network tv stuff.

I'll give it an episode, but unless its much better than it looks, this will be the first MCU thing I've skipped. Though that list is likely to grow once Cloak and Dagger and New Warriors comes out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ive heard that trailers will be released without all the final post-production polish. If that's true, perhaps that's what we're seeing. I mean, even if it is true the end result isnt likely going to look all that different, but the devil's in the details and a few extra weeks/months of post might end up doing wonders.

Or perhaps Im just being optimistic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

The Jemma story was film on a location building space stations scare me with them. The Helicarrier sets looked so cheap IMO on AoS.
    What Helicarrier sets?
    The shield agents in the shield show these days use planes to get around now,not Helicarriers.
    When the Helicarriers were shown in season 1 it was from the second captain america movie.What they using on the show is where planes come and go and that does not look cheap.Even the Helicarriers or Helicarriers sets as you call them does not look cheap when seen in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ive heard that trailers will be released without all the final post-production polish. If that's true, perhaps that's what we're seeing. I mean, even if it is true the end result isnt likely going to look all that different, but the devil's in the details and a few extra weeks/months of post might end up doing wonders.

Or perhaps Im just being optimistic.
    it really looked like a teaser trailer than a proper trailer. I think they wrapped the filming recently;

let's see, if they can at last fix Medusa's hair. For now Lockjaw is the star of the thing

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    What Helicarrier sets?
    The shield agents in the shield show these days use planes to get around now,not Helicarriers.
    When the Helicarriers were shown in season 1 it was from the second captain america movie.What they using on the show is where planes come and go and that does not look cheap.Even the Helicarriers or Helicarriers sets as you call them does not look cheap when seen in season 1.
    The Helicarrier was in the last few episodes of Season two including the finale and the scenes looked like they took place in the closest compared to Avengers and the outside green screen set with Quake and her parents was bad.

Why would you even expect cinema quality effects on a network tv show?

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

So, I watched the Inhumans trailer yesterday and my worries of Scott Buck not understanding Black Bolt seem to be coming more true, considering a fodder cop managed to make his voice slip up. I'm sorry but Black Bolt meditates and trains his entire life for that type of stuff never to happen! Causing something like that, in an advertised trailer of the character no less is disappointing.

Other than that this just looks... okay really. Nothing god-awful but really kind of generic and uninspired. Just a typical coup fish out of water story, a lot of parallels could be drawn to the first Thor movie. I'll give it a try and probably watch to the end regardless.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Why would you even expect cinema quality effects on a network tv show?
    It wasn't about wanting cinematic quality it was about knowing your budget. Which AoS is usually good with like I said the Jemma scenes on another planet were great they simply did location shoots and used Day for Night to give a other worldly look and the Inhumans looked good on AoS. But the Helicarrier stuff was bad the sets were bad and the green screen deck was awful. & That's my problem with Inhumans it looks bad the costumes practically look like they came from Party City, Triton looked bad, Attilan looked like an apartment building furnished by Ikea and Pottery Barn, and the Inhumans look Human for lack of anything else and that's sad because they looked good on AoS. This looks like they went over their pay grade and it shows if a fan film this would be amazing but a official Marvel show it looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    So, I watched the Inhumans trailer yesterday and my worries of Scott Buck not understanding Black Bolt seem to be coming more true, considering a fodder cop managed to make his voice slip up. I'm sorry but Black Bolt meditates and trains his entire life for that type of stuff never to happen! Causing something like that, in an advertised trailer of the character no less is disappointing.

Other than that this just looks... okay really. Nothing god-awful but really kind of generic and uninspired. Just a typical coup fish out of water story, a lot of parallels could be drawn to the first Thor movie. I'll give it a try and probably watch to the end regardless.
    They just choose the worse showrunner from the netfilx bunch

It wasn't about wanting cinematic quality it was about knowing your budget. Which AoS is usually good with like I said the Jemma scenes on another planet were great they simply did location shoots and used Day for Night to give a other worldly look and the Inhumans looked good on AoS. But the Helicarrier stuff was bad the sets were bad and the green screen deck was awful. & That's my problem with Inhumans it looks bad the costumes practically look like they came from Party City, Triton looked bad, Attilan looked like an apartment building furnished by Ikea and Pottery Barn, and the Inhumans look Human for lack of anything else and that's sad because they looked good on AoS. This looks like they went over their pay grade and it shows if a fan film this would be amazing but a official Marvel show it looks bad.
    Ah okay, I see your point now.

It certainly doesnt look like its on the same level we've come to expect from Agents of SHIELD (or even the CW DC shows for that matter). I'll withhold final judgement until the first episode comes out but Im not overly impressed or excited for it either.

That the Inhumans all look like regular people is highly disappointing.

Still, Marvel has proven my fears wrong in the past (several times) so I cant bring myself to condemn this show just yet. But right now I am expecting this to end up being the first real disappointment from the MCU. But again....Ive said that before and had to eat my words so.....we'll see.

@ ZoomZolomonZoom: I think it *might* be less about not understanding the character and more about needing to show the audience what he's capable of. It usually takes a pretty serious event for Bolt to open his mouth and you don't want the audience (who have no idea who Bolt is or what he can do) waiting episode after episode to find out what's going on. I suppose they could tease the idea with comments about how powerful Bolt is....but then you run the risk of people getting bored or building up ideas in their head that the character won't match.

If this little street wrecking gasp is just to show people what Bolt's powers are, I'll be okay with it, because that's fueled by the business realities and not a flaw in creative thinking. But if stuff like that happens a lot, then I'll be agreeing with you.

~ Black Panther.