Page 184 of 228 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3417
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    [So, so much stuff]
    Can you or can you not point to even one thing happening in the movies that is an actual, unambiguous reference to a tv show? Something that isn't an easter egg? Something that actually refers to something concrete?
    Something that would 100% be unable to be in the movies if there hadn't been any shows?
    Because Bucky dating a redhead names Dot... That's not quite it.

Extraordinary Member

Loeb Reveals Why Marvel's TV Superheroes Haven't Appeared in the Movies

Jeph Loeb, president of Marvel Television, was on a Netflix panel for Luke Cage before the Television Critics Association. Loeb is in charge of all live-action and animated Marvel shows, including the Netflix titles and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter. When asked if we could see any of the television characters, be it Luke Cage or Daredevil, in any of the Marvel movies, Loeb explained why it would be prohibitive to the television schedules.
    “I can tell you that part of the challenge of doing this sort of thing is that the movies are planned out years in advance of what it is that we are doing,” Loeb said. “Television moves at an incredible speed. The other part of the problem is that when you stop and think about it, if I’m shooting a television series and that’s going to go on over a six-month or eight-month period, how am I going to get Mike [Colter] to be able to go be in a movie? I need Mike to be in a television show.”

Loeb did not completely rule out a crossover, and some of the film characters like Nick Fury, Siff and Maria Hill have appeared on television. “Anything is possible,” Loeb continued. “As I often get reported by you folks for saying #ItsAllConnected, our feeling is that the connection isn’t just whether or not somebody is walking into a movie or walking out of a television show. It’s connected in the way that the shows come from the same place, that they are real, that they are grounded.”

A crossover also has to mean something. If they only show up for a joke, it defeats the purpose of connecting the worlds. “We have seen some characters that have appeared and crossed over,” Loeb said. “Most notably, one of our cast members that isn’t here because she’s working is Rosario Dawson, who continues the character of Claire Temple. So the short answer is we are already doing it. The long answer is as things go by, as the story dictates it, we’ve always been big fans of providing Easter eggs for our fans, but we never want to be known as an Easter egg farm. It has to work within the story. We never want to do Luke Cage gets into a cab as Foggy Nelson and Matt Murdock are getting out of the cab. For those of you that are old enough to know this reference, it’s not when The Man from U.N.C.L.E. was on Please Don’t Eat the Daisies. You actually get to see our characters interact with each other.”

http://www.cbr.com/loeb-reveals-why-...in-the-movies/

Jeph Loeb Explains Why We Don’t See Avengers Tower In The Marvel/Netflix Series
    You can’t talk Marvel TV unless you talk about various crossovers. Thus far, the shows haven’t touched each other much from network to network; but in an interview with Inverse, producer Jeph Loeb was asked about the new Hulu series Runaways and whether it would acknowledge the Netflix series.

“You’re obviously trying to get me into trouble by saying ‘#ItsAllConnected,’ and that’s fair. But it is all connected. And they do live in a world where Tony Stark is Iron Man, and by the same token they are aware that there are heroes that live in New York that aren’t part of the Avengers and are street level guys. What it really comes down to is story.

We can always put in a line that says “this person’s going to Hulk out,” but whether or not those stories are going to intersect with each other or those characters are going to interact with each other is complicated on a numbers of things. One is schedule, the other is they are on different networks and oftentimes networks have feelings about that that we have to take into consideration. And, lastly, and most importantly, is storytelling. We never do Easter eggs for the purpose of having an Easter egg. But Cloak and Dagger deals a lot with the people at Roxxon and people will know Roxxon for it being in other series in the same kind of way that there’s Hammer tech running around in Luke Cage, and we all know where Justin Hammer came from.

It’s all part of the Marvel universe, and if you read Marvel comics, you recognize that it’s probably fairly rare that Thor’s going to run into Ghost Rider, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t live in the same world.”

The universe is quite big, but the fun of a connected universe and bringing characters together is the whole point of all this. Why not have two polar opposites on screen and see how they react to each other? One of the other issues that tends to come up is the lack of the Avengers tower in the Netflix series, and Loeb danced around that question as well.

“I think it’s much more that we look at it from the point of view of ‘where are we?’ and having to establish that along the way. In many ways, being less specific helps the audience understand that this could be on any street corner. Where we’re sitting right now, I can see the Empire State Building, but if we were sitting 30 blocks that way, I wouldn’t be able to see the Empire State Building. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It just means that we can’t see it from where we are.”

Seems like showing the tower would be a nice and easy “show don’t tell” way of connecting the movies and the television shows, but sure, angles work, too.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10...l-tv-universe/

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.

Marvel's agent carter is a really good show by the way.

It should have had one more season.
    It may still get one in the future.

Anyway It's all connected.
    All of it is in the same universe.
    Mcu tv and mcu movies and mcu comics.
    End of story.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-09-2018 at 05:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here is something else.
    Silver & Black
    Silver & Black is a movie now in pre-production and will be the second film in the Sony's Marvel Universe.

Production
    On August 4, 2014, according to Deadline, Sony is eyeing a 2017 release for a potential untitled Female centered spin-off movie with Lisa Joy Nolan writing. On March 22, 2017, Sony Pictures has enlisted Chris Yost to pen the script for their second upcoming Spider-Man spin-off film, which will center around popular supporting players Black Cat and Silver Sable.In June 2017, Amy Pascal this film, along with Venom will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Spider-Man: Homecoming.
    Silver & Black | Marvel Movies | FANDOM powered by Wikia
    http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_%26_Black

Venom (film)
    Venom is a movie in post-production and will be the first film in the Sony's Marvel Universe.
    Production
    In March 2016, it was announced that Sony is moving forward with a standalone film by hiring Dante Harper to write the script for the film with Arad and Matt Tolmach producing. The film will have no connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Spider-Man and will be set in its own continuity. It was announced by Sony that the spin off will be release on October 5th, 2018 with Alex Kurtzman directing the film as an R rated Action/Horror/Sci-Fi movie as Sony's Marvel Universe. In June 2017, Amy Pascal this film, along with Silver & Black will be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Spider-Man: Homecoming. She said that Venom would connect to the next film in Sony's MU, Silver & Black, and that there was potential for Tom Holland's Spider-Man to appear.
    Venom (film) | Marvel Movies | FANDOM powered by Wikia
    http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_%28film%29

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia
    http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia..._Universe_Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    TV shows, aren't part of the MCU, they are not canon, they won't be referenced, there won't be crossover and if Feige wants to use any of the TV characters, their TV show will be cancelled first, they'll get recast, well just cast actually, and they'll be done differently in the movies. I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear.
    Oh, I personally dont much give a damn either way. I mean, it'd be fun to see Coulson come back for a reunion (just for the nerd value yknow?), but it doesn't bother me that it doesn't happen. And due to ratings and content, the Defenders will never be in a family-friendly crossover anyway so being in the MCU is mostly just for trivia.

But the evidence supports that the shows are set in the same continuity as the films. This isn't my personal preference or option. This is stuff that has been shown on screen, characters who have crossed back and forth, etc.

The tv side does get referenced in the movies. It's just subtle. If its too subtle for you.....well, that's on you.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Can you or can you not point to even one thing happening in the movies that is an actual, unambiguous reference to a tv show? Something that isn't an easter egg? Something that actually refers to something concrete?
    Something that would 100% be unable to be in the movies if there hadn't been any shows?
    Because Bucky dating a redhead names Dot... That's not quite it.
    You're right that the dynamic is largely a one-way street. No one could possibly argue otherwise. But that doesn't mean the street is not there.

Mace11 dropped a bunch of quotes by Loeb explaining why it is the way it is. There's even a quote from Feige saying something about pulling a tv character into a film eventually. I'll believe that when I see it, but if Feige is saying its a single continuity, that's the final word as far as Im concerned.

Oh, as for your unambiguous reference? Agent Carter in Ant-Man and Civil War work for you? From movies, to tv, back to movies.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-09-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, as for your unambiguous reference? Agent Carter in Ant-Man and Civil War work for you? From movies, to tv, back to movies.
    No. A character from Captain America: The First Avenger appearing in MCU movies does not work for me as proof.

Carter and Howard Stark working together at SHIELD isn't even from the tv series. It's from the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.

I'm sorry but of course the films come first they're a billion industry and it's a one way street in their relationship with the shows. Most of the general film audience don't watch the TV shows many don't know Coulson is alive if you brought him on you'd have to explain how he was alive, if you brought on one of the Netflix shows heroes you'd have to stop the film to explain who they were, and if you mentioned a TV plot line you'd have to explain that too and films only have so much time. That's why it's a one way street and the TV shows aren't mentioned in the films. But the fact is no one here opinions matter Disney and Marvel have said the TV shows are part of the MCU and until that is changed that's the facts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I'm sorry but of course the films come first they're a billion industry and it's a one way street in their relationship with the shows. Most of the general film audience don't watch the TV shows many don't know Coulson is alive if you brought him on you'd have to explain how he was alive, if you brought on one of the Netflix shows heroes you'd have to stop the film to explain who they were, and if you mentioned a TV plot line you'd have to explain that too and films only have so much time. That's why it's a one way street and the TV shows aren't mentioned in the films. But the fact is no one here opinions matter Disney and Marvel have said the TV shows are part of the MCU and until that is changed that's the facts.
    I'm not asking for much here. Helicarrier of full of SHIELD personel in AgeOf Ultron? Have just one of them be Melinda May. No lines. Just standing there for two second cameo. How hard can it be? For people who haven't watched the show she's just random SHIELD person #451.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Various characters from the movies have appeared on the shows. No characters from the shows have ever even been mentioned in the movies. See how that works? It's a one way street.
    I'm not implying it's a two-sided relationship. It's obviously not. But I was replying to someone who specifically said the TV shows were such a dealbreaker for the movie people that anyone who is a TV character would get recast for the movies if they were ever used and their show would be cancelled. So why didn't Feige recast Peggy Carter or called for Agent Carter to be cancelled when he realized they would still need her for a movie? I mean, why did he even sign off on the show at all if he truly wanted the movies to have nothing to do with television? Because a TV show about a movie character certainly wouldn't have taken off without his permission. None of the movie characters would have appeared in Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. without his permission. He allowed that to happen knowing it would create a connection between the two medias.

The point is, no matter how dismissive the movies are towards the shows, they are still promoted and labeled as a part of MCU canon. It's a one-sided relationship, but it's still a relationship. Kevin Feige was asked about the TV shows multiple times and he had PLENTY of opportunity to say they weren't part of the MCU, but he just reinforced they were. If people want to say the shows don't matter to the movies? Yeah, I don't have a problem with that because it's true and anyone can see. But to say the shows are not canon and not a part of the MCU is just not true. It's simply not.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-09-2018 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not implying it's a two-sided relationship. It's obviously not. But I was replying to someone who specifically said the TV shows were such a dealbreaker for the movie people that anyone who is a TV character would get recast for the movies if they were ever used and their show would be cancelled. So why didn't Feige recast Peggy Carter or called for Agent Carter to be cancelled when he realized they would still need her for a movie...
    You do realise that Peggy Carter is not a character from the tv shows, right? She was in Captain America:The First Avenger as well as The Avengers before Marvel even had tv shows.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You do realise that Peggy Carter is not a character from the tv shows, right? She was in Captain America:The First Avenger as well as The Avengers before Marvel even had tv shows.
    I know that. But at one point, she became a TV character. And not just any TV character, but the MAIN TV character of her own solo show. And she was still allowed to come back to the movies, even though that very direct connection to the TV side was established. I'm just disputing Captain M's idea about the TV shows' elements not being considered usable at all in the movies.

And ok, you might argue that because Peggy was in the movies first, that makes her exception. If so, then I ask why has Charlie Cox openly stated that his contract for the Daredevil TV show included a movie clause?

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/daredev...vie-crossover/

If Captain M is absolutely right about original TV characters being so unusable in movies that they would just be recast right away if they ever need them on the big screen, then WHY bother having a TV actor sign a contract for a TV show that includes a movie appearance as a possibility? That's not a silly promise that Kevin Feige made to the actor on a casual conversation, that's A LEGAL CONTRACT! Why legally bond an actor to a responsibility he was never supposed to have in the first place? Again, no one is trying to argue that the shows matter to the movies in practical terms. But in technical and hell, even LEGAL terms? Yeah, they are considered a part of the same universe.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-09-2018 at 10:35 AM.

No. A character from Captain America: The First Avenger appearing in MCU movies does not work for me as proof.

Carter and Howard Stark working together at SHIELD isn't even from the tv series. It's from the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.
    So a movie character going from the films, to tv, and then back to film isn't enough to convince you it's the same continuity?

That's kinda thin.

~ Black Panther.

I think for Iron Fist s2 I would like them to try telling an Urban Fantasy story as that might be a good middle-ground between the grounded nature of the Netflix shows and the mystical nature of Iron Fist.

With the continuity problem; I see them taking after the comics and being loosely connected to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think for Iron Fist s2 I would like them to try telling an Urban Fantasy story as that might be a good middle-ground between the grounded nature of the Netflix shows and the mystical nature of Iron Fist.
    I feel like they gotta do something. That show was very underwhelming.

They can start by making Danny less of a entitled, whiny bitch. And if he could go five minutes without telling people he's the immortal Iron Fist? That'd be nice too.

As for the continuity.....man, I'm done with it. If you think its not connected, cool. If you think it is, great. Its a stupid argument for us to be having and I don't want to partake anymore.

I mean, we're days away from Black friggin Panther (squee) and Avengers 3 is right around the corner. We got much better things to talk about!

~ Black Panther.