Page 197 of 228 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3417
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    After how they handled the breakup in Ragnarok, I don't see her ever showing up again .
    After how they handled Thor: The Dark World I don't see her ever showing up again.

I don't know much about Portman, but she seems to take herself fairly seriously as an actress and wants roles she can really sink her teeth into.

So I'd be willing to bet that if they decided to do a Jane-Thor, the idea of exploring a character dying of cancer while quasi-possessed by a powerful artifact while simultaneously joining the crazy world of gods and heroes (rather than just spectating and being a victim for once) might convince Portman to return one last time. I mean, there's a lot going on there. But it'd likely have to be a completely new approach for the film property; as different from what's come before as Ragnarok was different from the previous two.

Either way, I don't really care. I don't typically enjoy Portman's acting very much and would be fine with re-casting Jane if and when she ever shows up again. But I do think she could do Jane justice if given the right director and script.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't know much about Portman, but she seems to take herself fairly seriously as an actress and wants roles she can really sink her teeth into.
    Okay...
    She didn't enjoy being in Thor and didn't want to come back for the sequel.
    She did come back when Marvel hired Patty Jenkins, whom Portman had always wanted to work with, to direct Thor 2.
    Marvel then got rid of Patty Jenkins and held Portman to her contract.
    And Marvel then cut a lot of her scenes out of the movie.

There isn't enough money in the world to get her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Okay...
    She did come back when Marvel hired Patty Jenkins, whom Portman had always wanted to work with, to direct Thor 2.

Huh, I didn't know that.

Yeah, the odds of getting her back seem pretty damn slim then.

Ah well, no major loss in my opinion. Nothing against Portman, but she didn't bring a whole lot to the Marvel films.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Okay...

George Lucas did a lot of the same things to her in Star Wars. She complained endlessly and treated people poorly on the set to the point that Lucas hated working with her so much he barely wrote her a part in the third movie and cut a bunch of her scenes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    George Lucas did a lot of the same things to her in Star Wars. She complained endlessly and treated people poorly on the set to the point that Lucas hated working with her so much he barely wrote her a part in the third movie and cut a bunch of her scenes.
    That seems a very one-sided view of things.

That seems a very one-sided view of things.
    It is the view of multiple Lucasfilm employees.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    It is the view of multiple Lucasfilm employees.
    Citation needed.

I thought she got on fine with George Lucas, it was her relationship with producer Rick Maccallum that was very strained.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Jane should've been a different actress imo. They didn't look right together and Jane should've also been involved with the Avengers movies. She was smart enough to help.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Why are they not wearing masks? .
    It's a business
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Black panther just beat avengers and is now the highest grossing comic book movie of all time in America and 3rd worldwide! It's also the 5th highest grossing movie of all time in america!

That's insane!

Astonishing Member

Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    That is going to work only if she plays Thor. Which is not a bad idea actually.
    hmmmmm

could work

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ha ha, no.
    Not enough money in the world to get her to go along with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    So no!

10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    After how they handled the breakup in Ragnarok, I don't see her ever showing up again .

The J-man

So Coulson (and Ronan and Korath) are all returning to the films for Captain Marvel.

That's pretty badass if you ask me. Especially if they do right by Ronan this time and explore how he became so damn radicalized in GotG.

But I have a question for the posters here who maintain that Agents of SHIELD and the movies happen in different universes; does Coulson's appearance in Captain Marvel establish that the movies and tv side are indeed the same, or does the time frame of the movie still render the whole thing moot?

~ Black Panther.