Page 217 of 228 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3417
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    It's not small feat even if nto every character got to have a role still praise worhty though only problem is once peopel see the dollar signs coming out this idea more people will be stupid enough to try it.
    But that isn't something the Russo Brothers should apologize for. If another movie tries the same approach and sucks, it's not a retroactive flaw for Infinity War. And the Russos shouldn't have to apologize for theoretical movies that don't exist yet.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    But that isn't something the Russo Brothers should apologize for. If another movie tries the same approach and sucks, it's not a retroactive flaw for Infinity War. And the Russos shouldn't have to apologize for theoretical movies that don't exist yet.
    No they shouldn't but it would be interesting to see more creators being more humble and wanting people to see them as humans. No matter how great you are you can always fail after all.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

No they shouldn't but it would be interesting to see more creators being more humble and wanting people to see them as humans. No matter how great you are you can always fail after all.
    But at this point, the only flaw you mentioned when asked was the effect it might have on other movies. It seems like you just want the filmmakers to criticize their own work regardless of whether there are flaws or not. Why not focus on whether Spielberg should apologize or Scorsese or any other successful filmmaker? The Russo Brothers haven't gotten a fraction of the acclaim that other directors have received. Wouldn't Spielberg/Scorsese/Cameron/Etc. have more of an impact if they apologize first? Wouldn't that be more humbling/human than the Russos?

But at this point, the only flaw you mentioned when asked was the effect it might have on other movies. It seems like you just want the filmmakers to criticize their own work regardless of whether there are flaws or not. Why not focus on whether Spielberg should apologize or Scorsese or any other successful filmmaker? The Russo Brothers haven't gotten a fraction of the acclaim that other directors have received. Wouldn't Spielberg/Scorsese/Cameron/Etc. have more of an impact if they apologize first? Wouldn't that be more humbling/human than the Russos?
    I'm not saying that the Russo brothers should be the only film makers to admit the flaws in their work. And the other flaw I mentioned about infinity War was how not every character got to play a pivotal role in the film since you know there were so many of them. Also everyone is human so regardless of whether Spielberg, Cameron, Scorseses, or the Russo Brothers admit to the flaws in their films it would be a very impactful thing anyway. Since creators who are critical of their own work regardless of how well-known they are are very rare to find in general the only people who I know are critical of their own work regardless of how successful they are are those from Japan. Also the effect I spoke of is not a flaw of the film it's simply the influence.

Astonishing Member

I'm not saying that the Russo brothers should be the only film makers to admit the flaws in their work.
    Unless you are posting the same message in every movie/TV/comic thread that the creators should apologize to be humble, then you are singling the Russo Brothers out.

And the other flaw I mentioned about infinity War was how not every character got to play a pivotal role in the film since you know there were so many of them.
    You not liking that does not mean it is a flaw. Infinity War is a Thanos movie with the heroes as supporting characters. Not every character needs a complete arc in the movie. Some of the character arcs are just showing what they were up to when Thanos attacks. The entire conceit of a shared universe is that these characters have adventures in their own movies but can also appear in supporting roles or cameos in other movies. To put it another way, this is a feature, not a bug.

Also everyone is human so regardless of whether Spielberg, Cameron, Scorseses, or the Russo Brothers admit to the flaws in their films it would be a very impactful thing anyway. Since creators who are critical of their own work regardless of how well-known they are are very rare to find in general the only people who I know are critical of their own work regardless of how successful they are are those from Japan. Also the effect I spoke of is not a flaw of the film it's simply the influence.
    Some people are self critical, some aren't. I've listened to plenty of DVD commentaries where the filmmakers gleefully point out continuity errors, dialogue flubs, and effects failures. Actors go around joking about their early jobs. Some even make fun of bombs they were in. But the key to that is time and introspection. Expecting creators to trash their own work, while it is still in the theater is just unrealistic.

If you want to discuss weaknesses vs. strengths or things you liked vs. things you didn't, I'm all for that. But desiring the directors of one of the most successful films ever to publicly criticize their work for flaws you haven't really articulated is not a compelling argument.

Unless you are posting the same message in every movie/TV/comic thread that the creators should apologize to be humble, then you are singling the Russo Brothers out.

You not liking that does not mean it is a flaw. Infinity War is a Thanos movie with the heroes as supporting characters. Not every character needs a complete arc in the movie. Some of the character arcs are just showing what they were up to when Thanos attacks. The entire conceit of a shared universe is that these characters have adventures in their own movies but can also appear in supporting roles or cameos in other movies. To put it another way, this is a feature, not a bug.

Some people are self critical, some aren't. I've listened to plenty of DVD commentaries where the filmmakers gleefully point out continuity errors, dialogue flubs, and effects failures. Actors go around joking about their early jobs. Some even make fun of bombs they were in. But the key to that is time and introspection. Expecting creators to trash their own work, while it is still in the theater is just unrealistic.

If you want to discuss weaknesses vs. strengths or things you liked vs. things you didn't, I'm all for that. But desiring the directors of one of the most successful films ever to publicly criticize their work for flaws you haven't really articulated is not a compelling argument.
    Shinkai did trash his film while it was still in theaters in Japan and he even hopes it won't win an Oscar. He really doesn't like pressure. I am not doing anything like that I am just curious as to see how interesting it would be for more creative to do what Shinkai did. And I am just saying even as supporting characters certain characters did not get to do much.

Astonishing Member

Shinkai did trash his film while it was still in theaters in Japan and he even hopes it won't win an Oscar. He really doesn't like pressure. I am not doing anything like that I am just curious as to see how interesting it would be for more creative to do what Shinkai did. And I am just saying even as supporting characters certain characters did not get to do much.
    The behavior you are describing does not come across as humble to me. It comes across as someone who is sabotaging their own career by ensuring no movie studio would ever hire them again. I don't want to see the Russo Brothers pull a Tony Kaye here.

And again, the movie is not about a single supporting character. It is about how a world full of heroes reacts to the threat of Thanos. All the heroes have already been established before. It is a 2 and a half hour movie. Trying to put more in there would change the flow of the plot and make the movie bloated. Keep in mind that the filmmakers made sure that the directors of the other movies had input to make sure the characters are consistent with their other appearances. James Gunn had a hand in all the Guardians dialogue and even had them change some plot points of the characters. To me, this illustrates the care the filmmakers took to ensure all the characters were served will in the movie.

I'm not saying that the Russo brothers should be the only film makers to admit the flaws in their work. And the other flaw I mentioned about infinity War was how not every character got to play a pivotal role in the film since you know there were so many of them. Also everyone is human so regardless of whether Spielberg, Cameron, Scorseses, or the Russo Brothers admit to the flaws in their films it would be a very impactful thing anyway. Since creators who are critical of their own work regardless of how well-known they are are very rare to find in general the only people who I know are critical of their own work regardless of how successful they are are those from Japan. Also the effect I spoke of is not a flaw of the film it's simply the influence.
    I've never seen it with Cameron but Scorsese and Spielberg have spoken about regrets with films Scorsese even has a bad review from Ebert hanging in his home as a reminder he can make mistake because Ebert was one of his biggest champions since film school. They're not alone either look up Alan Smithee if you want to know how many directors have been ashamed of their films. No one absolutely no one sees directors as more than human plenty have spoken of their regrets with films and even not doing films because it's out of their wheel house. The Russo Brothers have a hit and it's good is it flawed? Sure but every film pretty much is let them take their victory lap. Also it would be career suicide to bad mouth a film while in theaters plenty of Actors and Directors do but's its after you took the studio's check and owe them your best face forward while it is in theaters.

Astonishing Member

The directors said the movie was about Thanos and that's what we got. The only development necessary for these characters was in relation to Thanos, their reaction to him now that he finally showed his face. Anything more significant was left to the heroes individual films. This movie was about Thanos out shinning and out gunning the heroes nothing else more than that was needed. Now that I think about it, it did a little more than that, it also gave us a truly awesome Thor, that's fantastic in my book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I've never seen it with Cameron but Scorsese and Spielberg have spoken about regrets with films Scorsese even has a bad review from Ebert hanging in his home as a reminder he can make mistake because Ebert was one of his biggest champions since film school. They're not alone either look up Alan Smithee if you want to know how many directors have been ashamed of their films. No one absolutely no one sees directors as more than human plenty have spoken of their regrets with films and even not doing films because it's out of their wheel house. The Russo Brothers have a hit and it's good is it flawed? Sure but every film pretty much is let them take their victory lap. Also it would be career suicide to bad mouth a film while in theaters plenty of Actors and Directors do but's its after you took the studio's check and owe them your best face forward while it is in theaters.
    There's still Avengers 4 on the horizon. I know the Russos are already talking about certain things they couldn't do in the film because it didn't jive with the story they were trying to tell, I doubt they'll amp the regrets to blunt criticism along the lines of shooting themselves on the nose to spite their face. They worked hard to accomplish the incredible feat that is IW despite the flaws that are no doubt there. I think they are more proud of the overall priduct than anything else, I don't expect anything less than.

The behavior you are describing does not come across as humble to me. It comes across as someone who is sabotaging their own career by ensuring no movie studio would ever hire them again. I don't want to see the Russo Brothers pull a Tony Kaye here.

And again, the movie is not about a single supporting character. It is about how a world full of heroes reacts to the threat of Thanos. All the heroes have already been established before. It is a 2 and a half hour movie. Trying to put more in there would change the flow of the plot and make the movie bloated. Keep in mind that the filmmakers made sure that the directors of the other movies had input to make sure the characters are consistent with their other appearances. James Gunn had a hand in all the Guardians dialogue and even had them change some plot points of the characters. To me, this illustrates the care the filmmakers took to ensure all the characters were served will in the movie.
    I wouldn't fret about Shinkai's future as a director not when he's already working on a new project. And I don't think it's that much of a problem because Japanese companies treat their workers a little differently than Americans would. And I'm sure of the cultural differences it wouldn't be shooting himself in the foot. Besides Shinkai is hot property now since he's actually a household name and Your Name is the highest grossing animated film in Japan and like it or not it's getting a film adaptation directed by J.J. Abrams. But i doubt the Russo Brothers would get similar treatment though due to the cultural differences. Okay I get your point and the Russo Brothers did everything they could to make sure the film flowed smoothly. And I never said it had to give all the characters development just let them do what supporting characters are supposed to do move the plot. I'm actually more curious about what happened to Thanos finding the Infinity Stone himself I mean where the heck were the Black Order when Loki and Ronan failed him?

Dave Bautista confirmed the return of Drax in Avengers 4 and Guardians 3. Star Lord and Mantis are also confirmed in Guardians 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Dave Bautista confirmed the return of Drax in Avengers 4 and Guardians 3. Star Lord and Mantis are also confirmed in Guardians 3.
    I expect all the snappers back.

Of the guardians, only ones im worried about at Gamora and Nebula.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This article ranks the screen time the female characters of the MCU get:
    http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/fea...e-screen-time/

A 10th Anniversary MCU poster
    Marvel-SDCC-Book-Exclusive.jpg
    Last edited by Witchfan; 06-01-2018 at 08:58 AM.