Page 221 of 228 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3417
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I, personally, think that Taika would be better at it. I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok a lot more than Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
    I could imagine him handing a Guardians movie well actually, especially if they elected for Thor to join the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I don't know that either character "developed" much. Scott was really close to the first movie, all the same things; love of daughter, making up for past mis-deeds.
    and this one was about gaining a true partner, learning responsibility, and making up for the mistakes of Civil War. the first one ended with Scott, Cassie, Maggie, and Paxton sitting around a dinner table adjusting to the weirdness of it all. this one opened with the relationship between Maggie, Paxton, and Cassie being fully repaired. it ended with Scott, Hope, and Cassie watching a movie together; the start of a second family.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I could imagine him handing a Guardians movie well actually, especially if they elected for Thor to join the group.
    which should happen. it'd be a nice cue up of Beta Ray Bill. and Drax would have someone else to play off of.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

F**king hell man. What bulls**t is this? Disney knew about this, he apologized for it, Disney accepted it, and life went on. Not great tweets in the slightest, but they accepted it and life went on, Gunn becoming a lot better over time.

But then a psychopath gets pissy and brings up the past, which Disney knew about and destroyed him. No. This is very much unfair and this is a dangerous precedent. You are letting crazy people push you around. You are letting a man, who said the following tell you what to do:

Have you guys ever tried "raping" a girl without using force? Try it. It's basically impossible. Date rape does not exist.

When is the last time women organized to support a men's rights issue? Stop being sticks. Who cares about breast cancer and rape? Not me.

Rape via an alpha male is different from other forms of rape. We can't really understand this, as our culture is too detached from instinct.

Do a Google image search for "lions mating." That's basically rape and it's also the natural form of sex.

Women enjoy rough sex because "ability to kill males and rape females" was primary evidence of evolutionary fitness.

Since prison rape is no big deal (after all, criminals deserved to be raped), why don't we have co-ed prisons?

This is not good in the slightest bit. This person put it way better than I ever could.

so what you're saying is that they shouldn't have hired him in the first place?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Nice to see how measured Disney is compared to Fox with Bryan Singer. This risks pretty much all the MCU Cosmic stuff being put on the back burner unless they think Taika can pick it all up.
    Outside of GOTG 3, I really don't see this impacting any of Disney's plans for their cosmic properties in phase 4

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

With that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just some PR thing that ends up in Gunn getting reinstated once the "heat" cools off

well, that or GOTG vol 3 ends being Games Junn's directoral debut.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so what you're saying is that they shouldn't have hired him in the first place?
    Probably should have happened then, but now though? Come on. Besides, this came out 6 years ago as well. Why given in now, especially when its not because of any noble intentions?

Bull. We’re not always the same person we were five or ten years ago and what nonsense we stuck on Facebook back then. This mentality which spun out of legitimate issues with Weinstein and Spacey is in danger of getting out of hand if we take no time to breathe and reflect first.
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    F**king hell man. What bulls**t is this? Disney knew about this, he apologized for it, Disney accepted it, and life went on. Not great tweets in the slightest, but they accepted it and life went on, Gunn becoming a lot better over time.

But then a psychopath gets pissy and brings up the past, which Disney knew about and destroyed him. No. This is very much unfair and this is a dangerous precedent. You are letting crazy people push you around. You are letting a man, who said the following tell you what to do:

This is not good in the slightest bit. This person put it way better than I ever could.
    All of this.

I find this highly disturbing. I'm not defending the stuff Gunn said six years ago, but to fire him? Christ.

This is nothing short of ethical terrorism, and Disney didnt even try to fight back. It's pathetic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

*Clutches Pearls* LeonardEugenius's Avatar

��DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD��

I am so happy James Gunn is done with Guardians, y’all! His movies were terrible and their impact ruined the Guardians comics. Maybe we can finally get a good one now!

Iron man spinoff movie Ironheart may be in the works.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-movie-marvel/

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I might have been happy about what happened to Gunn if this happened a few years ago, but all of the circumstances of this are just ridiculous. All of this stuff has come to light before. Gunn has apologized for this before, several times. I hate the things he said and the old sense of humor he had, it was frankly disgusting and Gunn always kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't really care for the sense of humor in Guardians 1 at all.

But firing him for this? Now? When Disney has already known about it? And when that troglodyte MIKE CERNOVICH (who has said much worse, much more disgusting things over the course of his "career", like that "date rape doesn't exist") was the one to resurface this stuff? This is all frankly idiotic. Why not fire Robert Downey Jr. for the crazy stuff he said and did before Iron Man? Why not fire Scarlett Johansson for butting heads with OxFam and saying awful things about Dylan Farrow and taking the role in Ghost in the Shell? Or fire Michael Douglas for his old weird HPV comments and the semi-recent sexual harassment allegations?

I may dislike James Gunn, but to be honest, his old apologies for this stuff at least felt kind of honest, and you can tell his personality and sense of humor has changed. I thought even the humor in Guardians 2 was (mostly) a little better and more heartfelt. Firing him? Now? I can't decode why. Maybe they just want to avoid any reason for the alt-right to launch some idiotic harassment campaign like with Star Wars.

Extraordinary Member

The alt-right has learned to weaponize the fact that big entertainment companies have become timid and will fire people or shelve projects if there is enough Twitter "controversy," even if the controversy is coming from very few people.

There isn't a way to make sure this only happens for the right reasons. I wouldn't say no one should ever be fired over tasteless jokes but this is why I worry about it. It gives too much power to a few people on social media.

BANNED

My gut instinct always goes against American outrage culture, but having looked at Gunn's comments and seeing how extreme they were, I think he deserved to get fired. If you repeatedly make vulgar, stupid jokes about being a nonce on Twitter, don't expect your boss to have your back. Blue jokes are supposed to be said in the company of friends, not on a public platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Iron man spinoff movie Ironheart may be in the works.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...-movie-marvel/
    just makes me feel bad for Rhodey's niece.