Page 223 of 228 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3417
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    How does that make what Gunn said acceptable? And I don't like any the people you mentioned anyways. Constant barrages of sexually explicit comments about children isn't just "in pursuit of a laugh", it's sickening garbage and has a problem.

This crap is inhumane. https://twitter.com/ToIkiened/status...735452161?s=09

One of the guys exposing him (not a Neo-Nazi troll) used the wayback machine on comments related to "kids, boys, and little girls"
    It's not point of you liking Opie and Anthony or not. It's the point that this kind of tasteless humor was fairly commonplace at one point and not this annexation.

Edgelord humor was all the rage in the 90's, as I recall. And these texts are how old again?

BTW, what was this other Internet Stalwart's beef against Gunn I wonder?

Nobody looks up anybody's old texts for thier health.

I said it before and I'll say it again: why does any adult ever mess with Twitter?

Never ends well.

I cant believe Twitter is defending Gunn by using someone else's 6 yr old tweets. How does that make either look good?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    What person?
    https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/sta...029192193?s=19

10 yr old vs 6 yr old tweets. I guess to them 4 years makes a difference.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I, personally, think that Taika would be better at it. I enjoyed Thor Ragnarok a lot more than Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
    I totally agree with you.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/sta...029192193?s=19

10 yr old vs 6 yr old tweets. I guess to them 4 years makes a difference.
    Soooo, you're saying we should judge Mike on more recent things? Okie-dokie! How's about two years ago?

What Gunn tweeted was bad, even if they are jokes. However, he's changed and become a better person, which is why you don't see the same behavior from him anymore. But Mike? He's still the same person he was several years ago.

Also, your response did not answer my question of who the non neo nazi was that said there were hundreds of deleted tweets.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 07-20-2018 at 07:37 PM.

What person?
    https://twitter.com/PeterMBurman/sta...32749515509765
    https://twitter.com/ToIkiened/status...96453044912129

Oh, I actually vastly underestimated the amount of tweets this sicko made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It's not point of you liking Opie and Anthony or not. It's the point that this kind of tasteless humor was fairly commonplace at one point and not this annexation.

Edgelord humor was all the rage in the 90's, as I recall. And these texts are how old again?

BTW, what was this other Internet Stalwart's beef against Gunn I wonder?

Nobody looks up anybody's old texts for thier health.

I said it before and I'll say it again: why does any adult ever mess with Twitter?

Never ends well.
    There's a difference between tasteless humor and saying that jerking off to little girls gets you rock hard. PLEASE tell me you understand that. Edgelord comedy/culture is making "triggered" jokes, atheist jokes, and being madly in love with anime girls. And anyone who tweeted that crap is also sick. There are adults that knew there was a fine line (althoug both were horrible) between the two and didn't double and triple down on sexual implications involving CHILDREN. And this "other Internet Stalwart" obviously saw the disgusting tweets and decided to look for more. and like i said before, they may be 6 years ago, but you're ignoring that Gunn was a grown ass man at that point still.

Defending points by saying "well uhhhh everyone was doing it" isn't a good argument.

Peter didn't say anything or use the wayback machine. He just repeated what Mike said about 10,000 deleted tweets and retweeted him a few times.

The other guy didn't use the wayback machine either. He just is tweeting about the news stuff. Also, for some reason, his main account is suspended.

Look man, neither of these guys found anything. Just repeating things that been passed along. The tweets aren't good, but the amount of them is overblown and seems to have been pulled out of Mike's ass.

I wouldn't trust anyone's kids with Gunn regardless of they were made 10 years ago. I dont see how you saying they were "jokes" from 10 years ago makes it any better. Grown man saying this.

Extraordinary Member

The Guardians films are two of my favorites, social media is nobody's friend.

Whenever this stuff happens, I'm reminded of this old rap album cover by Ice-T.

https://archive.fo/MdOm6#selection-1237.0-1244.0

Peter didn't say anything or use the wayback machine. He just repeated what Mike said about 10,000 deleted tweets and retweeted him a few times.

The other guy didn't use the wayback machine either. He just is tweeting about the news stuff. Also, for some reason, his main account is suspended.

Look man, neither of these guys found anything. Just repeating things that been passed along. The tweets aren't good, but the amount of them is overblown and seems to have been pulled out of Mike's ass.
    There's only one way to get those screenshots from way back then. Either that or a simple Twitter search. But about the 10,000 thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxQEyArR_s (DISCLAIMER: Ethan Sciver's vid & i don't condone anything he does)

From 2:00 to 2:09 explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    I wouldn't trust anyone's kids with Gunn regardless of they were made 10 years ago. I dont see how you saying they were "jokes" from 10 years ago makes it any better. Grown man saying this.
    I never said bad jokes makes it any better. I'm saying is your outrage is being exploited by psychopaths and you fail to realize that people change over the years, no matter how old or young they are. What Gunn typed was wrong without a doubt. They're bad no matter what defense you give them. But Disney knew about this past, Gunn was called out on it years ago, he has apologized for his behavior, Disney accepted it, and everyone was fine. Also, there's no indication that this terrible behavior has continued either, indicating that he may have grown a bit and learned to become better.

If he was still the same now as he was back then, then yes, he should be gone. If Disney was truly concerned about these comments or thought there was a problem, they would have booted him back in 2012. But it wasn't a problem and they thought he had changed for the better since there was no more of this nasty **** popping up. If we judge people by all of their bad behavior from years ago and assume they remain the same, then why the hell is Robert Downy Jr. still employed by Disney?

I'm sorry. I don't like the tweets. Don't agree with them. However, this situation is far more complicated and complex all around then you may think.

https://archive.fo/MdOm6#selection-1237.0-1244.0

There's only one way to get those screenshots from way back then. Either that or a simple Twitter search. But about the 10,000 thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZxQEyArR_s (DISCLAIMER: Ethan Sciver's vid & i don't condone anything he does)

From 2:00 to 2:09 explains it.
    The first link, wasn't that a rick roll though? Like, a bunch of women singing "I Touch Myself"? Bad taste for sure, but you know, context. It's not as awful as one thinks, even if it is a crappy 'joke'.

Also, why did you link to a Comicsgate channel of all things? Looking at the videos, this is not a very reputable source.

Extraordinary Member

https://twitter.com/PeterMBurman/sta...32749515509765
    https://twitter.com/ToIkiened/status...96453044912129

Oh, I actually vastly underestimated the amount of tweets this sicko made.

There's a difference between tasteless humor and saying that jerking off to little girls gets you rock hard. PLEASE tell me you understand that. Edgelord comedy/culture is making "triggered" jokes, atheist jokes, and being madly in love with anime girls. And anyone who tweeted that crap is also sick. There are adults that knew there was a fine line (althoug both were horrible) between the two and didn't double and triple down on sexual implications involving CHILDREN. And this "other Internet Stalwart" obviously saw the disgusting tweets and decided to look for more. and like i said before, they may be 6 years ago, but you're ignoring that Gunn was a grown ass man at that point still.

Defending points by saying "well uhhhh everyone was doing it" isn't a good argument.
    Yeah, you can stop now.

Your arguement is that the statements themseves are morally indefensible and troubling even A) knowing that they were made in jest and not referring to any actual people and B) have been apologized for.

I can't take that seriously and I never will. You can't turn around on the interwebs and not find a case of actual slander, bullying and Lord knows what else.

Where's the perspective?

I notice nobody's even come close to accusing Gunn of being a real pedophile yet.

And all this while the dude who started all this had to cop a plea for sex battery.

I think we should wrap this up. None of us are making headway of convincing the others or getting through to one another to see our points.

I think the tweets are bad, but I think the situation is more complicated than one thinks and the motivations for exposing the tweets are not well-meaning in the kindest of words to describe this. Should Disney have fired Gunn? If they should have, it should have been a long time ago and not because a guy as vile as Mike got mad and started looking for something to ruin a person. I mean, this isn't the first time Mike has done something like this (Sam Seder).

Right now, there's nothing that can be done to change this or fix this easily. This is an ugly mess, one that Disney should have been more careful and considerate of before they made a decision.

All that's left now is to wonder what'll happen next for Gunn, Disney, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Yeah, you can stop now.

Your arguement is that the statements themseves are morally indefensible and troubling even A) knowing that they were made in jest and not referring to any actual people and B) have been apologized for.

I can't take that seriously and I never will. You can't turn around on the interwebs and not find a case of actual slander, bullying and Lord knows what else.

Where's the perspective?

I notice nobody's even come close to accusing Gunn of being a real pedophile yet.

And all this while the dude who started all this had to cop a plea for sex battery.
    The fact that you are dialoguing about actual pedophilic statements and sugarcoating it with "they were made in jest" and "not referring to any actual people" is the real thing I can't take seriously. And he never outright apoogized for tweets he made regarding rape & pedophilia until last night. We're talking six years of complete silence.

And I don't understand what the bolded portion was for......what does this have to do with bullying and slander??? Everything being pointed out right now is true.