Page 224 of 228 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228 LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3417
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The fact that you are dialoguing about actual pedophilic statements and sugarcoating it with "they were made in jest" and "not referring to any actual people" is the real thing I can't take seriously. And he never outright apoogized for tweets he made regarding rape & pedophilia until last night. We're talking six years of complete silence.

And I don't understand what the bolded portion was for......what does this have to do with bullying and slander??? Everything being pointed out right now is true.

He actually apologized 6 years ago for his tweets before he got the gig with Disney.

I mean...

yeeeeeesh lol

I mean, ****, that is the "risk" of telling "risky" jokes right? Gonna be an edgelord that means you live on the edge. You either get the adrenaline rush and succeed or you fall to your death. He got both.

Despite being somewhat of a creep it seems... he is likely a millionaire and, lets be honest, **** may blow over after awhile and he'll make movies again somewhere.

I don't feel sorry for him at all TBH. Ain't like his life is ruined.

Somewhat excited to see what a GoG movie would look like calmed down just a touch. He kind of pulled a Whedon... seemingly got more control in the second movie and amplified the movie too much. It was "too much" Gunn just like AoU was "too much" Whedeon.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Nah, don't feel sorry for him at all. He's accountable for his own attempts at humor. But he got a raw deal here and Disney's actions are incredibly cowardly. It'd be different if they hadn't known about any of this six years ago, or if Gunn had been making these kinds of jokes while in Disney's employ.

I hope that in a few months when the faux-outrage dies out, Disney brings him back in. They can make a big deal out of it and make Gunn go to some sort of "don't anger the easily offended internet" seminar and apologize (again) and play it out like they're helping him overcome his lousy sense of humor and whatever. Spin it into a nice redemption/second chance PR story.

The fact that you are dialoguing about actual pedophilic statements and sugarcoating it with "they were made in jest" and "not referring to any actual people" is the real thing I can't take seriously. And he never outright apoogized for tweets he made regarding rape & pedophilia until last night. We're talking six years of complete silence.
    I can't even look at these posts Gunn made, they disgust me. But just because I don't like them doesn't mean anything. Just because you find them offensive doesn't mean anything. A lot of comedians rely on being offensive (gods I miss George Carlin, he'd be so disappointed in society today) and while Gunn isn't funny, that's the only thing he's guilty of. Gunn got thrown under the "easily offended snowflake" bus by a dude who is an actual monster and, instead of just making bad jokes about this stuff, actively helped build websites for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    He actually apologized 6 years ago for his tweets before he got the gig with Disney.
    Nope, he only apologized for his misogynistic and homophobic comments. Nothing to do with these pedophilic tweets at all.

Incredible Member

Nope, he only apologized for his misogynistic and homophobic comments. Nothing to do with these pedophilic tweets at all.
    Where's the outrage that Bryan Singer's name is still attached to X-Men films as a producer and that guy actually committed pedophillic attacks. I guess since he hasn't spoken out against Trump, no one cares that his name's attached to the X-Men films.

Besides Gunn stuck to his promise and has acted better for the past 6 years. Since there hasn't been any pedophilic tweets in the past 6 years, I take it he's learned to not do that as well and has acted professionally even after being fired and facing all his past mistakes a second time.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 07-21-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Where's the outrage that Bryan Singer's name is still attached to X-Men films as a producer and that guy actually committed pedophillic attacks. I guess since he hasn't spoken out against Trump, no one cares that his name's attached to the X-Men films.
    Not all outrage sticks.

Fox simply didn't seem to care. He denied the allegations and since there was no smoking gun... waht can you do?

Gunn's "jokes" pale in comparison to Singers accusations... but Gunn's "jokes" are out there for all to see.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Besides Gunn stuck to his promise and has acted better for the past 6 years. Since there hasn't been any pedophilic tweets in the past 6 years, I take it he's learned to not do that as well and has acted professionally even after being fired and facing all his past mistakes a second time.
    There was outrage online about Singer, it just didn't last long and everyone forgot all about it a few days later when the next idiot got caught and/or accused of doing something dumb.

I doubt the outrage over Gunn will last any longer than it did with Singer, honestly.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

idk why you brought Singer into this. i don't like him either and think that he should be fired and arrested for his actions. and, like I said, he never apologized for those tweets, only stuff he said in offense to women and the LGBT+ community.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't feel sorry for him at all TBH. Ain't like his life is ruined.

Somewhat excited to see what a GoG movie would look like calmed down just a touch. He kind of pulled a Whedon... seemingly got more control in the second movie and amplified the movie too much. It was "too much" Gunn just like AoU was "too much" Whedeon.
    Yeah, part of my issue with Vol. 2 was that it seemed to take what worked in the first movie and double-down on it to an absurd degree, while also highlighting the issues he already had as a director/adapter.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

hello??? I'm not sure how singer was able to get off the hook. maybe because instead of women it was men, which is unfortunate.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't like Bryan Singer just be clear BUT

1.He has never been arrest or convicted of anything
    2. 2014 He had remove himself from promoting days of the future past,There was so much outrage then it basically what is happening to James Gunn right now
    3. Disney ain't Fox. Disney has a family brand they have way lower tolerance level for these things
    4. Lastly FX removed producer credit from him on Legion and They are thinking about doing the same for Gifted season 2

These are two far different things Gunn clearly did what he is accused of,Singer was accused and nothing more ever become of it.While he might have did it when you are never trial and convicted you are considered innocent. Without a clear conviction Fox was rightful hesitant do anything but they have been slowly distancing themselves from Singer.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-21-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not all outrage sticks.

Fox simply didn't seem to care. He denied the allegations and since there was no smoking gun... waht can you do?

Gunn's "jokes" pale in comparison to Singers accusations... but Gunn's "jokes" are out there for all to see.
    Then how did Kevin’s spacey get fired? Only allegations as well nothing concrete.

Then how did Kevin’s spacey get fired? Only allegations as well nothing concrete.
    Didn't he admit it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Didn't he admit it?

Yeah, he did. And he came out, which was really terrible because it seemed like he tried to explain his actions by saying he's gay.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...-conan-a160248

looks like avengers got it's butt kicked by detective conan in japan. Are you crazy marvel! You don't go up on the same day as a detective conan film! That show is so big there it's got a airport and whole town named after it! (it's been on 20 years and over 800 episodes!)

Marvel should have known better.