Page 3 of 228 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The Thor movies hit upon some great casting choices in the leads. Chris Hemsworth part is not as scene stealing as Tom Hiddleston's Loki but he can hold the screen with him very well. I think the casting of Loki is one time you can say the movies had in impact on the comics. Prior to this Loki has never had an ongoing series of his own.

Chris Stuckman is one of hte few youtube reviews I can (a) stand and (b) agree on enough movies that I will generally watch his reviews

He gave Civil War an A+
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I like the Thor movies also and I really don't understand the knocks against Dark World. Oh, thanks for correcting me on the director Mind of Shadow. I forgot Branaugh opted out of that. If some consider the Thor franchise to be the MCU's weak link then I'd be thrilled to see the Fantastic Four become another weak link one day.

The Captain America part of the MCU is even stronger to me than Tony's. I had thought that Thor and Cap would be the most difficult to make believable on screen and that the movie audiences would just snicker at them. Yet here we have Loki with those huge Jack Kirby horns on his helmet and the fans love him.

(geez, I have to proof my posts more often! )
    I think Thor could only be considered a weak link because the other links are Cap and Iron Man, and they're so strong.

One of the best things about Marvel's superhero Renaissance is the end of overly "realistic" designs. Look at Galactus and Parallax vs Loki and Apocalypse. Look at the costumes the X-Men used to wear.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Hiddleston and Hemsworth do have good chemistry on screen as Loki and Thor.

I thought the Brits and the Aussies don't get along!
    Last edited by Ken Ashcroft; 05-04-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    I wish they would do a secret avengers movie. Widow coukd lead that team. More exciting tan a solo at this point for me

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Just in general I'm impressed with Kevin Feige's work on the MCU. It's not perfect by any means - there are movies that don't work as well as they should, and even the best ones maybe don't have quite the personality of the very best comic-book films. But no one can deny that he knows what he's doing. Civil War could have been a disaster - the Avengers airlifted into a Captain America movie to help the film compete with Batman vs. Superman. But he knows what he's doing.

This isn't a Marvel vs. DC thing, because DC has a producer like that - Greg Berlanti, who's in charge of most of their TV shows. I don't think DC has a producer of that strength in charge of their movies yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I was stunned there wasn't one of these for the OG of movie cinematic universes. So with Civil War out in the USA in a couple of days... what better time than now?

This thread covers the entire Marvel Studios Universe, from movies to Netflix to ABC... if it is in continuity, it counts.

I actually prefer the MCU to the comic universe and got into non-X comics because of the MCU.

And if we could... let's not turn this into a DCEU vs MCU thing. Or a "come in and bash 100%" thing.

Keep all spoilers behind spoiler tags until a sufficient time has passed before the movie hit WW release please.

Yeah, it's funny how Marvel has had a cinematic universe for longer than WB/DC has but until now only the DC subforums had threads for their movies. It was almost like Marvel fans didn't want to talk about the cinematic universe. Even the X-forums had a thread for the X-Men movies for a while now. Better late than never, though.

BANNED

Lest we forget...

BANNED

In preparation for Thor: Ragnarok...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Just in general I'm impressed with Kevin Feige's work on the MCU. It's not perfect by any means - there are movies that don't work as well as they should, and even the best ones maybe don't have quite the personality of the very best comic-book films. But no one can deny that he knows what he's doing. Civil War could have been a disaster - the Avengers airlifted into a Captain America movie to help the film compete with Batman vs. Superman. But he knows what he's doing.

This isn't a Marvel vs. DC thing, because DC has a producer like that - Greg Berlanti, who's in charge of most of their TV shows. I don't think DC has a producer of that strength in charge of their movies yet.
    Feige is a damn genius

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I wish they would do a secret avengers movie. Widow coukd lead that team. More exciting tan a solo at this point for me
    I thought an interesting idea for a Black Widow movie could be about how being in the public eye has affected her work as a spy. She doesn't wear a mask, she testified before congress, everyone knows who she is, so how effective can she be as a spy, but she could probably use that face mask thing she used in Winter Soldier.

I'd still like a BW movie, and I don't even like spy movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I thought an interesting idea for a Black Widow movie could be about how being in the public eye has affected her work as a spy. She doesn't wear a mask, she testified before congress, everyone knows who she is, so how effective can she be as a spy, but she could probably use that face mask thing she used in Winter Soldier.

I'd still like a BW movie, and I don't even like spy movies.
    Well considering her spy agency is destroyed, I don't htink she has been doing much spying, just Avenging

The MCU has taken over Star Wars as my favorite film franchise because of its sheer size, scope, and just overall good quality of movies. IMO among the 13 so far, none of them are bad or god-awful. Some are better than others certainly, but I feel none are bad.

My rankings of Phase I and Phase II:

Phase I:
    1. The Avengers
    2. Iron Man
    3. Captain America: The First Avenger
    4. Thor
    5. Iron Man 2
    6. The Incredible Hulk

Phase II
    1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    2. Ant-Man/The Avengers: Age of Ultron
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Thor: The Dark World
    5. Iron Man 3

I live in one of the places that got Civil War ahead, so naturally I saw it. I won't spoil of course, but I feel that it's definitely good, great even. But there's one thing that prevents it from being outstanding. Relative to the other two Cap movies, I feel it's not quite as good as Winter Soldier, and it's better than The First Avenger. But it still maintains that the Cap Trilogy is one of the best parts of the MCU.

As far as other MCU stuff goes, I occasionally follow AoS and the Netflix stuff.