Page 35 of 228 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I would love to see a complete list of what went into these various deals.

Ego seems so damn random, how would he even end up on a list in these negotiations?

Did Fox and Marvel each bring their own super comic book nerd to start naming off random ass Z list characters so the executives could debate?

Was it like the Chapelle Show Racial draft lol?
    Gunn apparently really wanted Ego in Guardians Vol. 2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gunn apparently really wanted Ego in Guardians Vol. 2 .
    Gunn just commented on that...

When I first pitched Ego as Quill's father, I THOUGHT we owned the character. After I had worked out a very elaborate story with Ego the Living Planet as a very important part of the Marvel cosmic universe, I learned that we actually didn't own the character. I had no back up plan, and it would be nearly impossible to just drop another character in. Thank God Fox came to us and wanted to make a trade."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I would love to see a complete list of what went into these various deals.

Ego seems so damn random, how would he even end up on a list in these negotiations?

Did Fox and Marvel each bring their own super comic book nerd to start naming off random ass Z list characters so the executives could debate?

Was it like the Chapelle Show Racial draft lol?
    I'd guess it just came up when they went to Marvel asking if they could change the character. Was probably something they just thought would be ok and over, because why not? But then they came back with wanting Ego. Or maybe they already knew Gunn wanted Ego and used that? It seems like a very weird deal either way.

Gunn was of the same opinion as everyone else apparently .

And it just shows you how his mind works that Ego as Star-Lord's dad was his first pitch .

BANNED

That reminds me of what the Russo Brothers said about Spider-Man in Civil War. They had no "plan B", so they were just relieved to hear that Marvel got to use Spidey in the film. T'Challa wasn't supposed to have his powers in this film, but as the Spider-Man deal started to go south, they beefed up his role and his introduction as BP. After the deal went through, they kept it as is because it was cool.

What alcoholic drinks best represent the Avengers?
    http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous/...medium=twitter

So, Inhumans is going to ABC in an 8 episode season.

This... really bums me. I have really started to like the Inhumans in the comics and was looking forward to seeing BB, Medusa, Karnak, Lockjaw, and Co on the big screen. Seeing Medusa's hair in action would offer unlimited action possiblities. Blackbolt ripping apart a city with ihs voice. Lockjaw would be the king of merchandise. Karnak action sequence where he decimates people one hit at a time. That whole section of Marvel really would have taken off.

But, now im left with mediocre CGI, mediocre action, and mediocre actors (all in comparison to their potential movie counterparts).

I am generally not a TV fan, especially not a network tv fan (I do plan on catching this season of AoS just for Ghost Rider though eventually). TV just drags out way too much for me. Even the Netflix shows, which are the only tv superhero shows I really like, tend to drag in the middle.

Bleh
    8 episodes? if it is only 8 Marvel can lock some good actors.

For the debut on IMAX and the press release the budget will be big and a cinematic experience on TV.

perlmutter must be really into inhumans

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I was talking to a friend and he sent me the image of the infinity gems and how they could potentially spell THANOS. I will definitely say it's pretty clever and would not be surprised if it came true. However, the theory goes that Heimdall (spelled wrong in the image).

Attachment 41590

What if the soul gem is actually one of Heimdall's eyes? His eyes look orange. They can see everything (basically) and in Age of Ultron, the scene does show something that supports this theory.

[SPOILER]In Age of Ultron, Heimdall's eyes look like he's been blinded.[/SPOILER]
    That theory worked out pretty well, until one of the gems turned out to be in the Eye.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

For the debut on IMAX and the press release the budget will be big and a cinematic experience on TV.

perlmutter must be really into inhumans
    Or he just likes sticking it to Feige...... By the way does anyone think this development needed Feige's OK?
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-16-2016 at 12:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Or just like sticking it to Feige...... By the way does anyone think this development needed Feige's OK?
    I think the timetables are close enough that this was still a project Fiege had his hands in prior to the split. For one thing, it seems like a better idea than most of the ABC stuff.

BANNED

http://community.comicbookresources....ians-Spoilers)

I've taken the tags off my write-up of Doctor Strange on my Infinity Stone thread. Feel free to discuss over there ifyou want.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

8 episodes? That actually makes me happier. Seems to me that shorter seasons typically mean tighter scripts, better effects, and better actors. But I mostly watch Netflix/Hulu originals and cable, so I dunno if the mainstream networks are like that or what.

Plus eight episodes is just about what you'd want if you were to adapt, say, the Jenkins/Lee mini series.

I still think that they'll include Ms. Marvel. Or at least try.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Loungefly Bags for sale based on MCU characters Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Peggy Carter, and Captain Marvel.

http://fashionablygeek.com/approved-...gy-carter-bag/

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Or he just likes sticking it to Feige...... By the way does anyone think this development needed Feige's OK?
    I think that Feige just shelved it and then marvel tv took the project.

This article lists Phase Four movie possibilities:
    http://www.newseveryday.com/articles...eases-here.htm

The possible character line up includes the mystical world of Doctor Strange 2, Guardians Of The Galaxy 3, the first solo movie of Black Widow, the action elements touching Egyptian mythology of Moon Knight, the African character of Black Panther 2, the sequel ofSpider-Man, Spider Woman, Nova, Scarlet Witch And Vision, and Hulk.