Page 47 of 228 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    BANNED

And the coolest member of the wave I think, this Yondu with his whistle arrow!

BANNED

And in a summer wave we haven't seen other pictures of yet, comes this BAF Movie Vulture:

From what I understand, the actual Vulture figure is going to be a boxed figure, and his flight pack and stand will be the BAF.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    One of the first (maybe the second) waves of 2017 Marvel Legends will be Guardians of the Galaxy centric, and with it are a few more MCU figures.

A new Star Lord:

The first Drax, I think:
    I love the Drax one. The Star-Lord one reminds me of ''Toy Soldiers'' for some reason.

And in a summer wave we haven't seen other pictures of yet, comes this BAF Movie Vulture:

From what I understand, the actual Vulture figure is going to be a boxed figure, and his flight pack and stand will be the BAF.
    Cool. Love the paint job.

They already did a Drax for the first GOTG movie's Legends wave (the build-a-Groot wave). This one's got a retooled head (his mouth's open), different coloured pants and that bazooka but is otherwise the same.

Kinda bummed by the wave overall. I don't mind using vague connections to movie characters to get some slightly-obscure comic figures out, but when it's half the wave, and the movie figures are of characters we've seen before, it's a bummer. Sure, Yondu is new, but we're still not getting a Nebula? Or a Mantis? And hey, remember how there was a big outcry over the last movie not featuring enough Gamora amongst the merchandise? WELP.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Marvel and sony announced the sequel date for spidey 2

July 5 2019, first movie after Avengers 4

July 4 weekend, first movie following avengers 4, sequel... its gonna make mega bucks. Wish they didn't waste that spot on spidey tho. Another franchise coud have benefited from the boost
    Wow, that was fast .

I mean, it's a Marvel Studios movie that's also a Spider-Man movie, so it's probably going to do very well, but this seems absurdly quick to announce a sequel to a movie that's only coming out next year. One should never count their chickens before they hatch when it comes to Spider-Man movies, as Sony should know all to well.

Though having it come off after the last Avengers movie kinda makes Spider-Man feel like the new flagship in a way, like Iron Man used to be...

You know, I've only read 3 issues of any of Miles' solo adventures and even I thought "Hey, isn't that that guy he's friends with?" When I saw the dynamic between Peter and that character in the trailer. I wish the Amazing Spider-Man fallout wasn't so messy that we could still have Gwen in the movies for stuff like this.
    Or Mary Jane, since that's usually been her role from 616 to the Ultimate comics, but I guess having her do that here would be difficult with the way they seem to be approaching her in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, that was fast .

I mean, it's a Marvel Studios movie that's also a Spider-Man movie, so it's probably going to do very well, but this seems absurdly quick to announce a sequel to a movie that's only coming out next year. One should never count their chickens before they hatch when it comes to Spider-Man movies, as Sony should know all to well.

Though having it come off after the last Avengers movie kinda makes Spider-Man feel like the new flagship in a way, like Iron Man used to be...

Or Mary Jane, since that's usually been her role from 616 to the Ultimate comics, but I guess having her do that here would be difficult with the way they seem to be approaching her in the movie.
    Doesn't Sony have to hav ea spidey film every 3 years or something?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Doesn't Sony have to hav ea spidey film every 3 years or something?
    That would explain part of why they're announcing a sequel so soon .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    They already did a Drax for the first GOTG movie's Legends wave (the build-a-Groot wave). This one's got a retooled head (his mouth's open), different coloured pants and that bazooka but is otherwise the same.

Kinda bummed by the wave overall. I don't mind using vague connections to movie characters to get some slightly-obscure comic figures out, but when it's half the wave, and the movie figures are of characters we've seen before, it's a bummer. Sure, Yondu is new, but we're still not getting a Nebula? Or a Mantis? And hey, remember how there was a big outcry over the last movie not featuring enough Gamora amongst the merchandise? WELP.
    There's still a chance of a second wave later in the year closer to the movie coming out, because this wave isn't even branded with the movie's logo. But yeah, all of the figures I'm interested in from this wave are compatible c characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would explain part of why they're announcing a sequel so soon .
    Plus, if for some weird reason Homecoming bombs horribly... that slot easily could become "VENOM!" or "Miles Morales without Ganke" or Spidey=Gwen or something.

They are pretty much just tellingall the other studios "run away now"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

A bit late:

For the more discriminating collectors, SH Figuarts unveiled this Doctor Strange. More up my alley though is the bevy of Movie Iron Man armors coming to North America for the first time shown at the same event.

A bit late:

For the more discriminating collectors, SH Figuarts unveiled this Doctor Strange. More up my alley though is the bevy of Movie Iron Man armors coming to North America for the first time shown at the same event.
    Quite like the Doctor Strange one.

I tried to find a strange toy for my 4 year old for xmas and struck out hard. Merch was meh fir strange

James Gunn on FB...

To be honest, when I was first working on the script for Vol. 2 I was planning on it being years after the first movie and for little Groot to be a grown Groot. But there was something missing. First of all, I thought there was a lot of development the group needed to go through as a group - and it would be a shame for the audience to miss it. And, secondly, for whatever reason, Groot just wasn't working. It was then I came upon the idea of having Vol. 2 take place very shortly after the first film and for Groot to still be Baby Groot, with quite a lot to learn. Even though I had already long-ago-decided on the other characters involved, this change opened up the whole movie for me and it suddenly all came together. I fell in love with the script for Vol. 2, and I felt like we were creating something very special.

When I approached Marvel Studios with my idea for Vol. 2 I was afraid of the involvement of Ego the Living Planet - a rather, uh, broad character in the 616 universe of Marvel Comics. I was afraid of the inclusion of Mantis and Ayesha, and more prominent roles for Nebula and Yondu. But I was even more afraid of approaching them with the concept that Baby Groot, and not Groot, would be a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes, perhaps it seems like a hole-in-one idea now, but Groot was the most popular character in the first film, and sometimes when something works studios are more than a little reluctant to change.

To my happy surprise, my partners at Marvel were more than supportive about the big swings in the story of Vol. 2. They seemed to instinctively know, like I did, that what matters in the Guardians franchise is to keep giving people the unexpected...

All that said, I'm not an idiot. I knew if Baby Groot worked, the world would want Baby Groot toys and figures and plushies. But that certainly didn't seem like a certainty when I was alone in my office conceiving of a story, and it most definitely was not the driving force of the decision. I, like so many of you through the trailer alone, had fallen in love with the little dude - even though at that point he was only in my head.

Niffleheim

Yeah right Gunn liesssssssssss!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough