Page 87 of 228 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3417

I think Marvel has proven themselves quite successful without the Fox characters.

And I definitely don't see the MCU as dead compared to the DCEU; they're totally different animals that tell different kinds of stories imo. Plenty of room for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Nobody think the MCU is a kind of dead in comparaison to the DCEU and the Fox verse ?
    By what objective measure is a 14 movie, 6 tv show universe "dead." What that has 3 movies scheduled per year until 2020, an inhuman tv show on abc/imax, hulu show, freeform show, and 4 netflix shows (jj2, lc2, defenders, punisher) scheduled as well?

like... explain lol? If anything. the MCU is expanding at an unbelievably fast rate.

I see lot of optimist for their project, but honestly the MCU without the fox characters are kind of useless; I mean Fox have half of their characters !!!
    And Marvel adapted and moved on to the other billion characters they own.

Specially with the fight against Thanos, that should be a big reunion with all the Marvel Universe,
    It is goign to be a big reunion of the broken Avengers, new heroes (spidey, BP, CM, wasp) and the Guardians of the Galaxy

the MCU don't have Galactus and his heralds, the F4, the mutants etc..., most of the MCU heroes are just super spies, how they could fight Thanos ?
    They have 3 spies. literally 3... fury and hawk and BW. And I am not even sure hawkeye was every really a "spy"

For me the MCU is a mistake, they shouldn't have done that so soon, without most of their characters.
    Well that's bizarre
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, the MCU needs better villains, but other than that they're fine. I didn't learn until recently that Kang was out (I have no idea how these rights work.) So, can they use Annihilus? Other than him or maybe Count Nafaria, what big villains can they use? Ultron's gone, we all know they can't use Galactus, Doom, or Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, the MCU needs better villains, but other than that they're fine. I didn't learn until recently that Kang was out (I have no idea how these rights work.) So, can they use Annihilus? Other than him or maybe Count Nafaria, what big villains can they use? Ultron's gone, we all know they can't use Galactus, Doom, or Magneto.
    Fox owns annihilus

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

@tsaimelemoni

Yes the MCU has some success because it was news, but their box office are less and less importants (the Avengers 1 and 2, Civil War), and they don't have lot of characters, their tv shows are trashed by critics or fans (or both), they are not in good places with the medias, in comparasion to Fox or the DCEU; the DCEU have 3 bad movies, but nobody care; and they have all their characters; and I don't think there room for both, there are too much superheroes movies, and I don't see how the MCU can survive.

For the Fox characters, imho they can't continue wihout them; after the Quicksilver fiasco, Fox have another win against Marvel with the tv show, for what we know, Marvel have absolutely nothing for that; it seem that Marvel/Disney are real bad in negociation, Fox have taken the right of Deadpool in 2006 !!! Marvel in kind of stupids with the right of their characters; and seriously how can you make a good infinity war/gauntlet story without a big reunion ?

Fox have Gambit, New Mutants, Deadpool 2, X-force, 2 or more tv show, and a new x-men...in comparaison the MCU have just some sequels, Captain Marvel, and Infinity War without most of the characters from the comics.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-14-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Fox owns annihilus
    Yeah I thought so, annihilus being the boss of the negative zone and all that.

What are we calling big though?

If we just list "good" villains, they have

Osborn
    Venom
    Ock
    Carnage
    Kraven
    Sandman

Kingpin
    Skull
    Ultron
    Leader
    Zemo
    Bullseye
    Abomination
    Madam Hydra
    Klaw (living sound version)
    Morgan Le Fay
    The Hood
    Enchatress
    Mordo
    Maestro
    The Void
    Taskmaster
    Count Nefaria
    Grim Reaper
    U Foes
    Madam Masque

Thanos
    Mephisto
    Black Heart
    Dormammu
    Nightmare
    Magus
    Korvac
    Grandmaster
    Beyonder

Skrulls (not super skrulls)
    Kree

Obviously a lot of these fall under certain "brands" (like Nightmare goes with Dr Strange) but just as a vomitted list that hurts my brain...

Masters of Evil or Lethal Legion or whatever type threat works best to me to get away from the "all power cosmic alien" thing for Avengers. after THanos, it is hard to top that

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Yes for the moment has some success because it was news, but their box office are less and less importants (the Avengers 1 and 2, Civil War), and they don't have lot of characters, their tv shows are trashed by critics or fans (or both), they are not in good places with the medias, in comparasion to Fox or the DCEU; the DCEU have 3 bad movies, but nobody care; and they have all their characters; and I don't think there room for both, there are too much superheroes movies, and I don't see how the MCU can survive.
    I'm sorry but this entire bit is just ridiculous and flat out wrong.

Some success, for the moment? We're approaching a decade of the MCU, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down.

And DCEU having three bad films... aren't there only three out right now? Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad (maybe I'm missing one)? Lol.

Yes for the moment has some success because it was news, but their box office are less and less importants (the Avengers 1 and 2, Civil War), and they don't have lot of characters, their tv shows are trashed by critics or fans (or both), they are not in good places with the medias, in comparasion to Fox or the DCEU; the DCEU have 3 bad movies, but nobody care; and they have all their characters; and I don't think there room for both, there are too much superheroes movies, and I don't see how the MCU can survive.

For the Fox characters, imho they can't continue wihout them; after the Quicksilver fiasco, Fox have another win against Marvel with the tv show, for what we know, Marvel have absolutely nothing for that; it seem that Marvel/Disney are real bad in negociation, Fox have taken the right of Deadpool in 2006 !!! Marvel in kind of stupids with the right of their characters; and seriously how can you make a good infinity war/gauntlet story without a big reunion ?

Fox have Gambit, New Mutants, Deadpool 2, X-force, 2 or more tv show, and a new x-men...in comparaison the MCU have just some sequels, Captain Marvel, and Infinity War without most of the characters from the comics.
    This hurts my head.

- Some success... 14 movies with critical acclaim that made lots of money

- All 4 seasons of Netflix so far have been met with critical acclaim and huge viewship numbers. IF is the first (and it hasn't been released) to not be loved by critics.

- They have every character except mutants, F4, and F4 villains. Their roster is plenty big. So much so they split part of their roster off into various TV shows. Because they have too many heroes that they could possibly make movies for.

- "Don't see how MCU can survive." Well considering that they have movies scheduled to 2020... I think things are ok right now lol.

- QS fiasco? Fox win against marvel tv show? What are you droaning on about.

- Marvel had to sell off their characters to avoid bankruptsy

- You make a good infinity war movie by having a reunion of the characters that just broke apart in Civil War AND GoG AND Newcomers. You know, using movies in a cohesive universe to enhance the experience of other movies?

- And the MCU has Iron Fist, GoG 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Punisher, Defenders, Thor 3, Black Panther, Luke Cage 2, Jessica Jones 2, Cloak and Dagger, The Runaways, Infinity War, Avengers 4, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Spider-Man 2, Ant-Man and Wasp

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm sorry but this entire bit is just ridiculous and flat out wrong.
    please explain.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Some success, for the moment? We're approaching a decade of the MCU, and it's not showing any signs of slowing down.

And DCEU having three bad films... aren't there only three out right now? Man of Steel, BvS, and Suicide Squad (maybe I'm missing one)? Lol.

This hurts my head.

- All 4 seasons of Netflix so far have been met with critical acclaim and huge viewship numbers. IF is the first (and it hasn't been released) to not be loved by critics.

- They have every character except mutants, F4, and F4 villains. Their roster is plenty big. So much so they split part of their roster off into various TV shows. Because they have too many heroes that they could possibly make movies for.

- "Don't see how MCU can survive." Well considering that they have movies scheduled to 2020... I think things are ok right now lol.

- You make a good infinity war movie by having a reunion of the characters that just broke apart in Civil War AND GoG AND Newcomers. You know, using movies in a cohesive universe to enhance the experience of other movies?

- And the MCU has Iron Fist, GoG 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Punisher, Defenders, Thor 3, Black Panther, Luke Cage 2, Jessica Jones 2, Cloak and Dagger, The Runaways, Infinity War, Avengers 4, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Spider-Man 2, Ant-Man and Wasp
    There you go. I didn't even want to waste my time doing it. Thank you tsaimelemoni and MoS lol

This hurts my head.

For the moments, but Civil war have made 500 millions less than the Avengers.

That true for the first season of Daredevil, but most fans seem to dislike the second season, Jessica Cage and Luke Cage, I don't talk about Agents of Shield or Agent Carter who are or will be cancelled, Iron Fist is just the beginning of the end imo.

Without a crossover with the tv, they are just divided, nothing more, and mutants and the F4 world, it's more or less half of the Marvel Universe, they have already changed the origins of the twins and killed Quicksilver because of Fox; their will be more and more change because the lack of characters; and how many characters they still have ? They have used already lot of them, and they don't have lot of stars.

2020 is very near, and except sequel they seem to have nothing news.

They clearly killed QS because of Fox situation, I think it's pretty clear, they don't kill one of their most popular characters just for the sake of the story, well for the tv show; what have Marvel have for them ? it was Fox who have asked for; Marvel have apparently nothing for them (except some little money).

Not in 2006, it was the year they have lost Deadpool, one of their greatest character, today they are not in bakruptsy but they have sold the tv right of the mutants for nothing, the change for Negasonic Teenage Warhead have more value than Ego, they clearly have lost in the negociation... I mean Ego ? nobody care about him, and I don't buy the story of James Gunn and his need of Ego for GotG2, in term of value Negasonic are far more important (and far more cool imo).

How could you do a big battle against a god, with just two team !!! specially when most of them are just at best super spies; look the cover of Infinity War 1 and you will see the problem.

Most of your list are tv show, sequels for tv show, or sequel from movies, Iron Fist seem dead on arrival, so I don't think we will see the character again except in the Defenders...that don't change the problem of the lack of new characters Marvel have; Fox have apparently the right of Exiles and Alpha Flight.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-14-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post

Yes, it's true for DCEU, but there still have a big passion from the fans, but also among critics for their projects, I don't why but it's very clear; now for the slowing down, well sadly yes, the Avengers movies are far less successful, Suicide Squad despite his bad critics have a good box office, far better than Doctor Strange for example, Deadpool and Logan will made also more money than most of MCU project despite to be R.

Don't give me wrong, they have done a very good job, but they are sadly too limited because they don't have all their characters.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-14-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Yes, it's true for DCEU, but there still have a big passion from the fans, but also among critics for their projects, I don't why but it's very clear; now for the slowing down, well sadly yes, the Avengers movies are far less successful, Suicide Squad despite his bad critics have a good box office, far better than Doctor Strange for example, Deadpool and Logan will made also more money than most of MCU project despite to be R.
    None of that indicates that the MCU is dead or dying. When the MCU stops being a multi billion dollar franchise we can start looking at coffins.