Page 9 of 228 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

My top three that I'm looking forward to right now are Ant-Man & The Wasp, Thor: Ragnarok and Captain Marvel. The fact that the MCU desperately needs at least one more female powerhouse to tempts me to put Carol's movie at the top of the list, but I'm so in love with the team of Scott Lang and Hope Pym that I can't put any movies before theirs.

BANNED

Now this I could get in on. My favorites list tends to be Winter Soldier followed by whichever one I've seen most recently. But I have much more concrete opinions on the up and comers. Most of it aligns heavily with what our Cylon colleague had to say though.

9. Spider-Man Homecoming: part of this is because it moved movies higher on my list to later on the docket, and part of it is just because I'm honestly not sure what they can do to make this Spidey stand out against the other 5. I like Holland, and Tomei's casting makes a bit more sense than in the comics, but it's gonna come down to world building for me. Is it gonna build on anything? And who's the bad guy? My guess is a more A-list character after Electro and Rhino made such a thud, but I just hope they don't go all the way to the gobliny top yet.

8. Doctor Strange: So low because it's so close. Cumberbatch is great, the origin story is one of the all-time greats, movie oughta be fine. Next.

7. Guardians Vol. 2: The first is probably my second favorite movie of the bunch, and it's placement this low ispurely because if how high the competition is, and that I'm pretty confident this will be great so I'm not really anticipating anything one way or the other.

6. Infinity War:
    same basic principle of above. I'm jazzed this myth arc is coming to a close, but at this point t all the new characters just have me jazzed more. There are so many ways this can go now that it's two movies, I'm curious to see how they do it, and where Ant Man and Carol fit in. Both will almost certainly be set before part 1 despite coming after. It's most likely that Carol will show up in the postcredits of 1 to hype up her solo and then appearance in 2, though I'm kind of hoping for a trailer-worthy role in 1 just so that we could maybe get two Marvel Legends toys put of the deal instead of one.

5. Inhumans: Will eventually overtake Captain Marvel, because ofballbthe characters who haven't shown up yet Black Bolt and Medusa are the two whose visual designs will be the most exciting. Right now there are people working tirelessly, without any exposure to natural light, sequestered for years working on a computer that can render Medusa's hair. Other than that we don't know anything.

4. Captain Marvel: Just got bumped down today, because of one thing I'll explain later. But I mean, really. My favorite Marvel superhero, one of my favorite costumes, finally coming to the big screen? Where do I wait in line?

3-1 are a bit more amorphous right now. In no particular order...

3. Black Panther: He'll leap out of the sun to to tackle your beat friend. Shooting him with machine guns only serves to piss him off. To earn the right to get your ass kicked by him, you must first defeat a squad of bald female ninjas who don't find you ammusing. He's a recipient of the illustrious "My character arc made sense during Civil War" award. He is the most interesting superhero in the world. And thanks to f@%#ing Spider-Man you won't see him for two more years.

2. Thor Ragnarok: This was originally below Inhumans, just because I knew it was new Thor, and it would be good. But then I found out Hulk was in it too, and that, my friends, was a game changer. Because guys, I've been saying for four years how Hulk and Thor need a teamup movie. Hulk can't seem to hold a solo by himself, and Thor's supporting cast is soooo good. It's a match made in heaven.

1. Ant-Man and Wasp: I knew I wanted to see more Wasp the first time I saw Ant Man. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas showed Ant Man's powers could be useful, Evangeline Lilly sbowed they could be damn scary. So I was all set for Hope going full Galadriel on her foes. After the second viewing, I realized this movie would be perfect. I can already see Hope and Scott having the Lee-Kirby "bicker like a married couple" dynamic in costume, and it makes me super excited.

BANNED

PS: I also want to see Hulk in the Black Widow solo, especially if Ross is still around after Infinity War. Let's ride this Accords train all the way to its Big Red conclusion.

(I don't care how crack fic-y it is, those two deserve to be happy, damnit.)

For me, Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, and Ant-Man and The Wasp are probably the movies I'm most psyched for, with Infinity War trailing right behind them .

Spider-Man's one of my favorite Superheroes, so admittedly I'm a little biased when it comes to the character even if I realize this is the ninth movie and second reboot he's had at this point, but I'm really interested to see how Marvel Studios will handle the solo, the mythos, the characters, the emphasis on high school, etc. Marvel Studios has a real opportunity to do the best Spider-Man movie yet, which will be no easy feat, so I'm definitely curious to see if they can pull it off and do right by their flagship character now that they finally have him back. With Civil War, it definitely seems like they have a strong handling of Peter and Spider-Man himself, so hopefully that'll extend to everything else. I wonder if it's too much to hope for that they'll finally get Mary Jane right in a movie?

Black Panther because...well, everybody else pretty much summed up why I'm looking forward to it, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to it because Black Panther .

Ant-Man and The Wasp I'm really looking forward to because I want to see more of Scott as Ant-Man and potentially more of Hank as Ant-Man in the past, as well as Hope becoming Wasp and her dynamic with Scott. I just want to see a lot more with all the relationships in the movie, reallyI'm also interested to see where they'll go with that vial of Cross' Pym Particles that Carson managed to snag. Will we see Eric O'grady make his film debut? Goliath? And above all that, I just want to finally see Janet Van Dyne in the MCU. Even if she can't be the Wasp, I can just hope they do her justice and that we can see her relationship with Hank explored.

As for everything else:

Thor Ragnarok I'm not sure how to feel about quite yet. I'm happy to hear that they're re-focusing on Thor as the main character, and it'll be nice to see Loki again of course, but I'm not sure about throwing Hulk in there and Sif possibly not even appearing in the movie. I am definitely interested to see what they do with Cate Blanchett and Tessa Thompson. Here's hoping Thor can go out on a high note.

I'm looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continuing the adventure of the Guardians and seeing them come into their own as a team, especially with Mantis joining the fray, and exploring more about each of the cast, the cosmic side of the Marvel Universe, and Peter's parentage.

As a fan of the character, I'm definitely interested in seeing Dr. Strange, even if I'm still iffy on the Ancient One casting and curious to see exactly what they're going to do with Mordo and Wong, and I need to see more of Benedict Cumberbatch in the titular role before I decide my opinion on him as Strange.

I'm really psyched for Captain Marvel's big-screen debut, though I'm still eagerly awaiting info about who'll be playing her and what her solo will entail.
    Last edited by Frontier; 05-10-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Captain Rogers does make sense, I believe he was officially given the rank of Captain by that Senator who got him on the performance circuit. He wasn't actually in the field, and thus didn't actually earn the rank until he staged that rescue at the Red Skull's factory.
    Thanks for the reminder. I have to admit I forgotten most of that film even though I remember enjoying watching it when it came out. I've got most of the MCU films on blu-ray but I haven't really rewatched them that often.Seems a lifetime ago now with what's happen to Cap since then but I'm kinda getting the urge to watch the first film again (the first Thor film too).

LOL.Can't believe I'm getting all nostalgic for a couple of films that only came out in 2011(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Cevoice View Post
    This movie fixed so many problems I had with AoU. Plus it felt like everybody could stand on their own against one another.
    But is that the job of a Captain America movie? Even if we accept AoU had real problems, because I think it stands up very well with a few minor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Anyone else find the Cap/Iron Man fight at the end a bit over-the-top? I'm speaking of course about the result.
    I thought the fight itself was done well, but it lost all resonance for me because it was no longer a part of the Civil War but instead a personal outpouring of grief. For me that was a bait and switch. When I saw the trailer and watched them knocking five bells out of each other I was actually happier, because I assumed it would be more personal for each of them.
    spoilers:
    Effectively Cap and Bucky are fighting for Bucky's life which are not the stakes that have been developed in the movie or the press.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-11-2016 at 03:51 AM.

I usually frustrate people around me because I never really look forward to things. But I am very keen to see Homecoming, perhaps because I was so dissatisfied with ASM2, and really disliked emo Parker.

Also for me Marvel is X-Men and Spider-Man. I like lots more than that but on an emotional level I am happy if I get good X stories and know that Spidey is still swinging and quipping.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 05-11-2016 at 04:00 AM.

Now this I could get in on. My favorites list tends to be Winter Soldier followed by whichever one I've seen most recently. But I have much more concrete opinions on the up and comers. Most of it aligns heavily with what our Cylon colleague had to say though.

9. Spider-Man Homecoming: part of this is because it moved movies higher on my list to later on the docket, and part of it is just because I'm honestly not sure what they can do to make this Spidey stand out against the other 5. I like Holland, and Tomei's casting makes a bit more sense than in the comics, but it's gonna come down to world building for me. Is it gonna build on anything? And who's the bad guy? My guess is a more A-list character after Electro and Rhino made such a thud, but I just hope they don't go all the way to the gobliny top yet.

8. Doctor Strange: So low because it's so close. Cumberbatch is great, the origin story is one of the all-time greats, movie oughta be fine. Next.

7. Guardians Vol. 2: The first is probably my second favorite movie of the bunch, and it's placement this low ispurely because if how high the competition is, and that I'm pretty confident this will be great so I'm not really anticipating anything one way or the other.

6. Infinity War:
    same basic principle of above. I'm jazzed this myth arc is coming to a close, but at this point t all the new characters just have me jazzed more. There are so many ways this can go now that it's two movies, I'm curious to see how they do it, and where Ant Man and Carol fit in. Both will almost certainly be set before part 1 despite coming after. It's most likely that Carol will show up in the postcredits of 1 to hype up her solo and then appearance in 2, though I'm kind of hoping for a trailer-worthy role in 1 just so that we could maybe get two Marvel Legends toys put of the deal instead of one.

5. Inhumans: Will eventually overtake Captain Marvel, because ofballbthe characters who haven't shown up yet Black Bolt and Medusa are the two whose visual designs will be the most exciting. Right now there are people working tirelessly, without any exposure to natural light, sequestered for years working on a computer that can render Medusa's hair. Other than that we don't know anything.

4. Captain Marvel: Just got bumped down today, because of one thing I'll explain later. But I mean, really. My favorite Marvel superhero, one of my favorite costumes, finally coming to the big screen? Where do I wait in line?

3-1 are a bit more amorphous right now. In no particular order...

3. Black Panther: He'll leap out of the sun to to tackle your beat friend. Shooting him with machine guns only serves to piss him off. To earn the right to get your ass kicked by him, you must first defeat a squad of bald female ninjas who don't find you ammusing. He's a recipient of the illustrious "My character arc made sense during Civil War" award. He is the most interesting superhero in the world. And thanks to f@%#ing Spider-Man you won't see him for two more years.

2. Thor Ragnarok: This was originally below Inhumans, just because I knew it was new Thor, and it would be good. But then I found out Hulk was in it too, and that, my friends, was a game changer. Because guys, I've been saying for four years how Hulk and Thor need a teamup movie. Hulk can't seem to hold a solo by himself, and Thor's supporting cast is soooo good. It's a match made in heaven.

1. Ant-Man and Wasp: I knew I wanted to see more Wasp the first time I saw Ant Man. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas showed Ant Man's powers could be useful, Evangeline Lilly sbowed they could be damn scary. So I was all set for Hope going full Galadriel on her foes. After the second viewing, I realized this movie would be perfect. I can already see Hope and Scott having the Lee-Kirby "bicker like a married couple" dynamic in costume, and it makes me super excited.
    Inhumans is off the list man
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

8. Captain Marvel: I feel nothing for this movie. Absolutely nothing. The character bore me in the comics, I have no idea what rogue gallery she has. So, this is just a "shrug, its Marvel so of course i'll see it"

7. Spider-Man: Homecoming: Hollands Spider-Man finally nailed Parker and Spidey. But... its still spider-Man film number 6. Please don't use Green Goblin, pleae don't use Green Goblin, please don't use Green Goblin

6. Ant-Man and the Wasp: I really, really liked Ant-Man, more than I should. But, idk if there are anymore stories there are not. That pretty much IS Lang's story.

5. Guardians of the Galaxy, vol 2:
    Let me see what else you got Gunn.

4. Doctor Strange: That cast is insane. Liking the change roles of Baron a bit. Really wanna see Marvel Magic

3. Infinity War: Because... Thanos. IDK how they pull this off but I want to see it. I really want to see it. ANd its gonna look soooooooooo much better after Snyder botches Darkseid

2. Thor: Ragnorak: I thought they were going with the obvious Surtur story... but adding Hulk + Cate Blanchett... what are they doing? Plus, what is Loki up to, and I have a feeling Thanos is gonna be involved a touch.

1. Black Panther: Becomes he made my dreams come true in Civil War. A fully realized Wakanda on screen... oh my goodness.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I thought the fight itself was done well, but it lost all resonance for me because it was no longer a part of the Civil War but instead a personal outpouring of grief. For me that was a bait and switch. When I saw the trailer and watched them knocking five bells out of each other I was actually happier, because I assumed it would be more personal for each of them.
    spoilers:
    Effectively Cap and Bucky are fighting for Bucky's life which are not the stakes that have been developed in the movie or the press.
    end of spoilers
    i actually thought the press and such made it very clear that a good chunk of this movie was about Cap protecting Bucky?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Inhumans is off the list man
    It doesn't have a date but it's still on the list.

Mighty Member

lol wrong thread.
    Cyclops was right

Mighty Member

Anyways
    I'm only going to watch Thor and IW
    I'm on the fence for Spider-Man.
    Cyclops was right

It doesn't have a date but it's still on the list.
    I bet its gonna be awhile.

After IW, they are gonna be lookign at sequels to BP, Captain Marvel, DS, Spidey... along with third GoG, maybe third Ant Man, and who knows what they will do with the original characters.

Even at 3 movies a year, not a ton of space anymore. Plus, I wonder if they will try and spin off Spider-Man stuff in continuity. Not necessarilly some dumb Sinister Six movie, but Agent Venom could easily be his own solo once they establish mean Venom.