Page 93 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I would argue there are a couple instances pretty cool duels. Probably off the top I would say Cap Vs. Bucky on the streets in The Winter Soldier, Iron Man Vs. Thor in Avengers, Hulkbuster Vs. Hulk in Age Of Ultron, Hulk Vs. Abomination in Incredible Hulk, and Strange Vs. Kaecilius' follower in the Spirit World in Doctor Strange.
    There have been nice instances of decent duels, but personally for me nothing stands out in my mind. I did like Cap/Batroc in TWS, but it was short and sweet. Thor/Iron Man was....cute, I guess, but makes Iron Man look incredibly good, considering Cap and Bucky (two considerably weaker guys than Thor) were taking it to Tony in Civil War and caused plenty of damage (mind you, an incredibly vengeful Tony).

I don't want to sound like I have sour grapes, because if it's a team movie (or an ensemble cast like Civil War) I get that you can't focus in on one particular duel between two characters.

Oh, I hated that Thor/Iron Man fight!

I'd have been fine if Tony had been clearly overpowered by held his own by cunning and precision (a laser to the eye is going to blind Thor even if it isn't gonna hurt much) but the idea that getting hit with Thor's lightning somehow powered up Tony's armor is.....no. Just no.

Yeah, I know, it's an odd place to draw the line when talking about gods and radiation powered strongmen, but its where I drew it.

It was still fun visuals, at least.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So, apparently Hemsworth thought he was fired when he saw that he wasn't in Civil War

http://lrmonline.com/news/thor-chris...t-he-was-fired

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Just make Rogers....

Director Rogers

Bring Back SHIELD for real!

That way... hes still there, not killed off, and in 10 years he changes his mind or they recast... much easier.
    That's exactly my thought too, he can be affected by the Time Stone and become an old man. But continue his fight as the director(or a commander) of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    When Evans changes his mind, they can use whatever they come up with to make Rogers young again.
    Also, if this really happens, who would you cast as old man Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    There have been nice instances of decent duels, but personally for me nothing stands out in my mind. I did like Cap/Batroc in TWS, but it was short and sweet. Thor/Iron Man was....cute, I guess, but makes Iron Man look incredibly good, considering Cap and Bucky (two considerably weaker guys than Thor) were taking it to Tony in Civil War and caused plenty of damage (mind you, an incredibly vengeful Tony).

I don't want to sound like I have sour grapes, because if it's a team movie (or an ensemble cast like Civil War) I get that you can't focus in on one particular duel between two characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I'd have been fine if Tony had been clearly overpowered by held his own by cunning and precision (a laser to the eye is going to blind Thor even if it isn't gonna hurt much) but the idea that getting hit with Thor's lightning somehow powered up Tony's armor is.....no. Just no.

Yeah, I know, it's an odd place to draw the line when talking about gods and radiation powered strongmen, but its where I drew it.

THey were trying to find a way that a iron man punch would actually move Thor. So... power iron man up 400%

I thought ti was clever. Probably makes no sense scientifically but it was clever.

And they still showed Thor ot be the superior being
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

A little bit off topic here, I really wish these studios would get their egos out of their ass and just start sharing the characters together. Sony finally did it with Spider-Man and maybe it's a good thing that he is coming in to the fold now after all the B list superheroes have been established, but it bugs the hell out of me that Fox is not letting X-Men or FF be a part of the MCU.

I wish just for at least one big event movie we can get an Avengers vs. X-Men movie where Hugh Jackman's Wolverine can finally interact with the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, or the Hulk. Maybe they can also bring in Deadpool in with his breaking the forth wall antics and somehow is the cause of this event. That would break all kinds of box office records and be the biggest movie event of all time. I mean these studios are in it for the money right?

Quote Originally Posted by Random killer x View Post
    A little bit off topic here, I really wish these studios would get their egos out of their ass and just start sharing the characters together. Sony finally did it with Spider-Man and maybe it's a good thing that he is coming in to the fold. Ow after all the B list superheroes have been established, but it bugs the hell out of me that Fox is not letting X-Men or FF be a part of the MCU.

I wish just for at least one big event movie we can get an Avengers vs. X-Men movie where Hugh Jackman's Wolverine can finally interact with the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, or the Hulk. Maybe they can also bring in Deadpool in with his breaking the forth wall antics and somehow is the cause of this event. That would break all kinds of box office records and be the biggest movie event of all time. I mean these studios are in it for the money right?
    They would have to share all the money though.

Look at it like this. Lets use clean numbers.

Marvel can put a lot of their heroes in a movie (or RDJ) and make 1 billion. They get to keep all of that in Marvel Studios.

If they partner with Fox for a AvX type of a movie, and assume a 50/50 split of profits and expenses...

That movie would have to make TWO BILLION for marvel just to make what they would have made anyway with a normal Avengers movie. Something only 3 movies have ever done. And really only 2 becaus I believe Titanic only crossed 2 billion after the re-release.

So basically, it would have to be the highest grossing movie of all time for it to be a "wise" business decision. Breaking records wouldn't cut it, it would have to break ALL the records.

Plus, at the same time, Marvel Studios would be providing free advertisement and boosting the Fox-Verse, one of its competitors in the "comic book" movie market.

There is just no financial reason for the studios to do this.

Spider-Man was just a really unique situation in that he is Marvel's premier character, Sony was floundering a bit using him which affects both Marvel and Disney (Spider-Man is all over disney land merch), and it is really just one character to control. And they don't have to deal with any of the previous movie stuff because they started fresh.

And Marvel STILL doesn't get the profits from that. They still don't own the character. they are basically just doing movies for Sony just so they don't ruin there cash cow in other merchandising avenues.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    The MCU has been putting new spins on the superhero movie genre since what, TWS? Avengers? They've been constantly putting out what hasn't been seen in the genre for a long time. Maybe their stories haven't been as emotional as Logan or as completely left-field as Deadpool but they haven't been making the same type of movie over and over, unlike FOX (someone please tell me how any of the X-Men movies are any different from each other, save Logan and Deadpool). You can't tell me any movie in the Captain America series is like Guardians of the Galaxy or any of the Thor movies. You can't tell me any of the Thor movies are like the Iron Man movies or like Ant-Man. Yes some of their movies have similar things and similar character arcs but that doesn't make them the same type of movie. Which other superhero movie had a final battle like CW or DS? Most people don't want to point it out because they have similar things (namely humour, and in some cases, a poorly developed villain). They all have different feels, and while it would be nice to see them improve and get even more radical, let's not pretend they've not tried to be different.
    I totally endorse this post.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studio has a house style, just like they do with Marvel comics. I don't think they need to deviate from that. They have their niche in the marketplace carved out. People know what to expect tone wise. There is a "scale" to that tone but it is firmly in the "PG13 action comedy" range. Some of more comedy (ant-man) some are more action and a bit more serious (TWS) but it is still in that range.

I don't think you will see Marvel and Disney jump anywhere near that R range. And they don't really need too. Wolverine and Deadpool need that rating. Wolverine needs it for the violence alone (dude has knife hands lol) and to show off his healing factor... plus he has always been a darker character with the whole "best there is" thing and horrible life. Deadpool needs it because ... hes deadpool lol. That's always been his thing.

Not a lot of the heroes Marvel Studios owns really "need" that R rating like that. And the one that really does (Punisher) got thrown in the netflix world.

Re Kurse: Him swatting Mjolnir had me like "holy **** whaaaaaaaaaat"

Re Fights: I just don't agree with that at all. But I am not sure how you are defining "intense" though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    My (completely biased) favorite MCU fights:

- Hulk vs. Abomination (The Incredible Hulk)

- The Warriors Three and Sif vs. The Destroyer (Thor)

- Thor vs. Loki (Thor)

- Iron Man and War Machine vs. Vanko and his drones (Iron Man 2)

- Cap vs. Red Skull (The First Avenger)

- Cap and Iron Man vs. Loki (The Avengers)

- Thor vs. Iron Man (The Avengers)

- Hulk vs. Thor (The Avengers)

- The Avengers vs. The Chitauri (The Avengers)

- Thor and Loki vs. Kurse (The Dark World)

- Thor vs. Malekith (The Dark World)

- Cap vs. Winter Soldier (Winter Soldier)

- Hulkbuster vs. Hulk (Age of Ultron)

- Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket (Ant-Man)

- The airport fight (Civil War)

- Cap vs. Iron Man, with Bucky in tow (Civil War)

Those were great fights, indeed.

I would add the prison break, and Battle for Xandar, to this list.

The fight scenes featuring Drax were awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Cap/Skull
    Ronan/Drax (lil tooooooooo one sided personally)
    Widow scene in IM2
    IM3 finale was kinda too chaotic, hard to see what was going on because so much was going on + the dark

Thats all I can think of that were underwhelming off the top of my head.

Of your list of likes, what jumps out at me of ones I really liked were Thor on Jotunheim and then pretty much all of TWS lol.
    I think I like all the fight scenes, lol.

Drax soudnly losing that first fight, yet had zero fear confronting the power gem wielding Ronan just made me respect that crazy fool even more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Even overpowered by the lightning, Iron was having problems. Plus, Thor was clearly holding back.

I should read MoS's post first.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 03-16-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think I like all the fight scenes, lol.

Drax soudnly losing that first fight, yet had zero fear confronting the power gem wielding Ronan just made me respect that crazy fool even more.
    i wish the celestial juice would have amped up Drax a bit.

Ultimate Member

THey were trying to find a way that a iron man punch would actually move Thor. So... power iron man up 400%

I thought ti was clever. Probably makes no sense scientifically but it was clever.

And they still showed Thor ot be the superior being

Yeah this is the guy that some people seem to miss. Even at like 400% power, and Thor not using his hammer aside from that one lighting strike, AND not even fighting with his full physical strength, Iron Man was still losing. He was doing no real damage to Thor at all, Thor didn't even look like he had a scratch on him. Yet Thor was taking the armor apart piece by piece (crushing the wrist gauntlet with his bare hands, and I'm sure that he could have just ripped Tony's arm clean off if he had wanted to).

Tony head butts Thor, no damage. Thor head butts IM, big dent in his helmet. It was clear who was winning that fight. And Thor was clearly holding back the whole time (we've seen him show much more impressive displays of power in other films).

It's just that both characters have fans, so like many such matchups they didn't want to have one guy get stomped in like five seconds and tick off said fans. So what we got, was the compromise.

Extraordinary Member

I will be sad to see Chris Evans go. He was an awesome Cap. He showed you can make a hero dynamic without making him an anti-hero.

In regards to Guardians 3, would anyone welcome Christian Bale as Adam Warlock?

That casting just popped in my head yesterday.