Page 95 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3417

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Flash is already cast though....

and you can't do Flash Venom without establishing the relationship between Peter and Flash... and establishing the relationship with the Venom and Peter and and with Venom and Brock

and dIloooooooooooooooooove Agent Venom but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to pull that off andhave it mean anyting

this is just dumb
    Let's be honest though, there's no way they cast Tony Revolori as Flash with any intention of him becoming Agent Venom .

But I was hoping they'd use Brock as Venom as a villain for a future movie. Venom still needs to be done justice on-screen and I don't trust Sony on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Random killer x View Post
    A little bit off topic here, I really wish these studios would get their egos out of their ass and just start sharing the characters together. Sony finally did it with Spider-Man and maybe it's a good thing that he is coming in to the fold now after all the B list superheroes have been established, but it bugs the hell out of me that Fox is not letting X-Men or FF be a part of the MCU.

I wish just for at least one big event movie we can get an Avengers vs. X-Men movie where Hugh Jackman's Wolverine can finally interact with the likes of Iron Man, Captain America, or the Hulk. Maybe they can also bring in Deadpool in with his breaking the forth wall antics and somehow is the cause of this event. That would break all kinds of box office records and be the biggest movie event of all time. I mean these studios are in it for the money right?
    I think it's not just about heads-up asses. There is definitely something to it, but there are probably a ton of legal factors that us viewers are probably not even privy to. With Sony and Spider-Man, I think it was a lot more about desperation and circumstances that led to them partnering with Marvel Studios. Amazing Spider-Man 2 had lukewarm reviews and the lowest overall box office. At a time when other superhero movies are making close to $1 billion with 3D-IMAX and the price of tickets being higher, Spider-Man had probably the biggest advantage. Spider-Man is the character that should be the biggest box office draw. The fact that they had diminishing returns had to spark something within the studio.

Add to the fact that there was the hack and how for years there was talk of Sony's financial issues.

The partnership just a way to save face for the studio, in light of so many different negative factors buzzing around.

With Fox, I am fully ready to accept that they can make better X-Men movies. I thought Logan was just alright, but I think Deadpool, Days of Future Past, First Class and X2 are great movies. It does not give me what I really want out of X-Men movies, but that has more to do with creators really tying flags to characters they feel the most connected to. I can understand that reason and respect it, even if I don't always like the results. No matter what, the X-Men characters will always have my attention. I did not watch Apocalypse in the theatres, but I did check it out at home because how much I love the X-Men characters. Fox has the potential to do great things, as displayed by the Planet of the Apes movies and IMO the very underrated Chronicle. They are not as desperate as Sony, thus does not see any logic behind a partnership.

Personally, I don't want the X-Men to be in the MCU. I love the MCU as it is and I think the separation of the mutant characters works well. I'd love to see the MCU get the F4 back in full, but that is not likely to happen.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Personally, I don't want the X-Men to be in the MCU. I love the MCU as it is and I think the separation of the mutant characters works well. I'd love to see the MCU get the F4 back in full, but that is not likely to happen.
    Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Kevin Feige say that he's not interested in pulling the mutants into the MCU anyway?

I agree with him. The mutants being hated and feared works really well when they're the only superhumans in the world, but it makes no sense when you've got aliens, gods, super soldiers and spider people running around, all of whom get a free pass and social acceptance. Plus the MCU already has the Inhumans for the "hated and feared" thing if Marvel wants to explore that route.

Let Fox keep the mutants, they're doing a decent job with them anyway. Not great, and they've got at least as many misses as hits (likely more but Im trying to be nice).

The Fantastic Four on the other hand I'd love to see back home with Marvel. I dont think it'll happen any time soon though. Fox seems determined to keep their hands on the property despite never making any real profit from it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I dont even understand what sony "lost" in the spider=man deal anyway.

From what we know... marvel has full creative control of JUST spider-man it seems (judging from this venom news)... but Sony keeps all the profits from it.

Marvel is basically giving Sony free money just so they can use Spidey in avengers and just so Sony quits messing up their marque character,.

On the surface it seems like a win win win win win for sony.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's be honest though, there's no way they cast Tony Revolori as Flash with any intention of him becoming Agent Venom .
    one of the reasons I hated the casting lol

But I was hoping they'd use Brock as Venom as a villain for a future movie. Venom still needs to be done justice on-screen and I don't trust Sony on that front.
    Brock needs to be venom first for teh whole Agent venom thing to even work.

The symbiote has to be "evil" before you can get to the "Flash puts on evil suite to fight evil btu has to keep the venom suite under control" psycological aspects.

You have to have Brock before Flash. And you have to have Spider-MAn with the suite before Brock.

So wtf is Sony doing lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

one of the reasons I hated the casting lol

Brock needs to be venom first for teh whole Agent venom thing to even work.

The symbiote has to be "evil" before you can get to the "Flash puts on evil suite to fight evil btu has to keep the venom suite under control" psycological aspects.

You have to have Brock before Flash. And you have to have Spider-MAn with the suite before Brock.

So wtf is Sony doing lol
    And we'll have the perfect opportunity for Spidey to get the Symbiote in Infinity War.

And we'll have the perfect opportunity for Spidey to get the Symbiote in Infinity War.
    only for Sony to F it up

SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's...actually pretty crazy and brilliant. Did you think of it? I didn't even think that Marvel Studios could sneak in some of Secret Wars into an Infinity War movie, but now that you point it out...it's basically about as perfect a way to do it as any.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

That's...actually pretty crazy and brilliant. Did you think of it? I didn't even think that Marvel Studios could sneak in some of Secret Wars into an Infinity War movie, but now that you point it out...it's basically about as perfect a way to do it as any.
    THat has been a rumor/fan theory for awhile.

He gets symbiote suit out in space and Spidey 2 deals with it and Venom.

But if Sony is going to introduce venom.....

GD it Sony.

This deal with Marvel is so weird. It feels like Marvel got hoodwinked hard

Extraordinary Member

Just a thought, but what if the Avengers somehow gets invited (or captured) by the collector. And the symbiote is among his collections?

It would be cool if he gets the symbiote in Infinity War...only problem is Venom's supposedly coming in 2018, and Homecoming 2 (as well as Avengers 4) are set for 2019. So the timing just doesn't work out for that, unless Marvel puts their foot down and convinces them to push it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It would be cool if he gets the symbiote in Infinity War...only problem is Venom's supposedly coming in 2018, and Homecoming 2 (as well as Avengers 4) are set for 2019. So the timing just doesn't work out for that, unless Marvel puts their foot down and convinces them to push it back.
    Im gonna assume Venom isn't in the MCU until Feige says it is.

I'm two episodes in on iron fist, just started the third, and it's alright so far. It's like a cross between Daredevil and the early seasons of arrow. Except Danny isn't killing people or running around with spray paint on his face.

GD it Sony.

This deal with Marvel is so weird. It feels like Marvel got hoodwinked hard
    It would have given Marvel another incentive to give the Symbiote back to Brock, other then timing it with the anniversary, if that were the plan but alas...

I dont even understand what sony "lost" in the spider=man deal anyway.

From what we know... marvel has full creative control of JUST spider-man it seems (judging from this venom news)... but Sony keeps all the profits from it.
    It seems like Sony retained ultimate creative control over Spider-Man in the deal in the first place. There probably is something in there, however, that Marvel gets a lion share of input on Spider-Man if he's involved in the cinematic universe. This likely explains why Sony is pushing out films tied to the character but set outside the cinematic universe. We're getting an animated property and a Venom movie. I just think it is a huge mistake to make a Venom movie without having a Spider-Man solo flick come out with him wearing the suit.

I think the logic behind Marvel's decision was quite simple: if Spider-Man is in future films, the popularity of the character can help mitigate the loss of Robert Downey Jr., when he retires after Infinity War (he'll have played the role for eleven years and been in more movies than Hugh Jackman had as Wolverine, not counting his cameo in First Class) and they can retire one wise-cracking genius for another more likable one. Sony only gets the profits of the solo Spider-Man films, which, if they continue to be good, only continue to drive his popularity upwards. Sony agreed because it brings in a popular franchise into their Spider-Man ones.

Marvel is basically giving Sony free money just so they can use Spidey in avengers and just so Sony quits messing up their marque character,.
    Sony doesn't have any of the merchandising rights for Spider-Man. They sold them along with the television rights a while back. I think Marvel made the smart business decision to try to play a hand in the most visible aspect of the property, the movies, to make more money on the merchandising rights, such as toys and video game licenses. If people become sick of Spider-Man as a character, that affects their bottom line as well. It is a win for Marvel as well (in addition to the movie related stuff listed above).

On the surface it seems like a win win win win win for sony.
    The real question is: will Spider-Man: Homecoming return Spider-Man's box office prowess to the near billion dollar club (adjusting for inflation) that the first and last Raimi movies did? At what point will Sony consider the movie to be a success? They wanted The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to make a billion dollars and it seemed it needed at least Spider-Man 3 level money in order to actually make money. It didn't. Of course, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 had a bloated budget of over $250 million and a marketing budget that was likely just as bloated.. Sony has shown a lot more restraint with their marketing strategy this time around. Perhaps they'll be okay with the modest success of the first The Amazing Spider-Man. My concern is what options Sony has to back out if they view the film to have under-performed. My hope is that there is little that can be done. Well, my actual hope is the film is good and it does well. But...still...

I also think that it seems like a win, win, win, win for Marvel as well. At least...so far. Again, it depends on what happens with the above. However, if this deal is rock-solid, which I hope it is, it seems like one of the best deals for both parties that have been made in Hollywood for years. Both sides come out, perhaps not mutually better off, but way better off than they were when they made the deal. It just shocks me that Fox seems unwilling to come to the table for discussions after this. But I guess they feel like they've come out properly ahead with Deadpool and Logan, which were two properties that were unlikely to be made within the confines of a cinematic universe like Marvel's.

I really doubt that Venom will be set in the cinematic universe if Feige isn't producing it. Given that he isn't, I have a feeling that the property is going to manipulated in a way to ensure that Venom exists without Spider-Man. At that point, though, it doesn't really seem like Venom. I really wish Sony would just make a movie of Silver Sable or Black Cat. If they make a Venom movie set outside the cinematic universe, Marvel will probably be reticent to use him, which is a shame because two of Spider-Man's best villains (Carnage and Venom) are symbiotes. I sincerely hope that this film gets canned or otherwise pushed back to 2019, after Marvel can exercise some input and get Spider-Man to have the suit first.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-17-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.