Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default X-POSITION: Phoenix, Upstarts & More Tear Up Bowers & Sims' "X-Men '92"

"X-Men '92" co-writers Chad Bowers and Chris Sims answer your questions about your favorite mutants and Marvel's 92niverse.

Full article here.

First time in my over decade history on posting CBR to have my question asked. I was literally just thinking of changing my username it MutantMidnighter too.

Also.. bring Emma in this series sooner rather than later.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I'd pay ALL the money for a Boom Power Rangers/ X-Men 92 crossover

like TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY

DO IT!
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Well that was certainly a disappointing X-Position. I thought my question regarding the coloring errors was a pretty good and fair question to ask. *sigh* I guess I will have to hold it for the next time...
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Astonishing Member

am I the only one that things that secret character for issue 6 that is going to be introduced as a 90s version is X-23. Also how about teaming up with Udon and do X-Men vs Street Fighter like the popular 1996 crossover fighting game with the same name.

Why in the world would they turn Jubilee into a vampire in this series? It's done nothing for her in the main comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Why in the world would they turn Jubilee into a vampire in this series? It's done nothing for her in the main comics.
    Probably for the sake of reference. I doubt it'll stick beyond this arc though.

I read 1 issue and for me it was boring comics. It's like watching Sesame Street. Terrible art, silly story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    I read 1 issue and for me it was boring comics. It's like watching Sesame Street. Terrible art, silly story.
    I would much RATHER watch Sesame Street!♥ (If I had to)

I'll never know for sure, will I? I keep posting this question for X-Position, but it never gets chosen...

"Does the X-Men 92 universe share the same history as either the animated series, or the comics adaptation of the animated series (apart from that final issue where the world ends, of course)? And a follow-up question would be that if so, could Marvel reprint those comics as a sort of prequel to what you're doing now?"

Quite enjoyed this X-Position. I think this is a perfect book to unapologetically poke fun at itself and it's parent franchise as well as diverge from the main continuity in interesting ways.

Love this series on so many levels. Love that a couple of my questions got answered as well. Can't wait to see what Bowers and Sims do with Cyclops and Jean Grey in Issue #5. I've already marked my calendar.

I'm glad to hear that they're taking a different approach with Jean's relationship to the Phoenix. I think that's important as well as necessary because the mainline comics have complicated that issue so much that it's impossible to make sense of. The first batch of X-men 92 comics showed a somewhat simplified version. Jean still has a touch of the Phoenix Force within her, but she's in control. It doesn't overwhelm her or create another personality. It's basically not doing to her what it did under Morrison's watch and I think that's a good thing. Personally, I'd like to see them have Jean embrace her Phoenix identity a bit more. It would help raise her profile in a way that she never got to do in the cartoon. After dealing with vampires, I think the X-men could use another heavy hitter.

And if they could add Emma Frost as well, that would just be a bonus.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChastMastr View Post
    I'll never know for sure, will I? I keep posting this question for X-Position, but it never gets chosen...

"Does the X-Men 92 universe share the same history as either the animated series, or the comics adaptation of the animated series (apart from that final issue where the world ends, of course)? And a follow-up question would be that if so, could Marvel reprint those comics as a sort of prequel to what you're doing now?"
    You probably do not ask the questions the interviewer likes. I have had the same problem for years. For example, do never ask for Lifeguard&Neal Shaara, Sage, Magma or Hope, because those questions will never be asked.

Also never ask anything on The Acolytes, Morlocks or Mojo, those questions will also never be asked.

And mostly, do never ask when Rogue (being one of the most popular X-Girls) returns to the X-Men.

Apparently the interviewer doesn't like them and therefor will not be asked about. That's my thoughts.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The short answer to the first part is "no". The writers have said in interviews that the book is very much inspired by the animated series, but it's not the same continuity. The second part you might want to save for next time the X-Editors have a Q&A going. My guess would be another "no", though, since the animated series was licensed by Fox.

Here's your answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The short answer to the first part is "no". The writers have said in interviews that the book is very much inspired by the animated series, but it's not the same continuity. The second part you might want to save for next time the X-Editors have a Q&A going. My guess would be another "no", though, since the animated series was licensed by Fox.
    If you carefully read even this interview then it's pretty apparent that this is not the same continuity as in the cartoon. There was no New Mutants team in the cartoon universe despite the writers indicating that there was such a team in 92niverse.

The writers have also said in multiple interviews that they are drawing inspiration from multiple sources (toys, games, trading cards, past comics, cartoons, whatever) for this universe so clearly they are not restricted to the stuff established in the '92 cartoon so this must be a different universe.

And it's unlikely that Marvel would republish some old comics that tied into the TAS since it's been long over and there have been newer cartoons since and currently there is no interest in an X-Men cartoon on Marvel's part.