Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The problem with this from a storytelling POV is not looking like you're just putting it in just to be there. It has to be organic

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Guardians would have been the movie(s) to do it if they were going to do it.
    Probably not. I can see people being pissed that the band of weirdos is were they would introduce a LGBT character.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Probably not. I can see people being pissed that the band of weirdos is were they would introduce a LGBT character.
    sex orientatio bending someone there wouldn't cause nearly the.. anger? as it would being a core avenger member. and they are going to have to bend someone due to the completely lack of LGBT heroes on the Avengers side of things.

plus... gay peopel can't be weird?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    sex orientatio bending someone there wouldn't cause nearly the.. anger? as it would being a core avenger member. and they are going to have to bend someone due to the completely lack of LGBT heroes on the Avengers side of things.

plus... gay peopel can't be weird?
    I'm saying, some people might be mad if the first gay or transsexual characters gets put on the weirdos team, as if being gay or transsexual is in itself weird. I say skip it there, it's a whole can of worms, and I don't want to see a million stupid think pieces when I Google the next GotG about how whatever is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    living lightning and miss america chavez??
    Don't forget Karolina Dean and Xavin! But really those characters are really the only great LGBT characters MCU owns the rights to.

The X-Men universe arguably has all the best LGBTQ characters!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

yes, those are good choices as well. ideally, we'd have avenger level characters. so i'm still looking to living lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I'm saying, some people might be mad if the first gay or transsexual characters gets put on the weirdos team, as if being gay or transsexual is in itself weird. I say skip it there, it's a whole can of worms, and I don't want to see a million stupid think pieces when I Google the next GotG about how whatever is horrible.
    I suppose it can work.. I mean, the entire reasoning behind LGBT characters being prevalent in the X-Men comics is because we are societal outcasts. The same could be argued for the Guardians, who are the "misfits" of the MCU. I know I wouldn't be offended by that, but I certainly see your point that it's a risky creative decision. It all depends on how they handle it, and as I said, I don't particularly trust James Gunn with that job.

I could have sworn I read an article where James Gun flat out said, "Marvel said no to space lesbians:.

Deadpool had a bisexual male lead and did very well internationally-)

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    I could have sworn I read an article where James Gun flat out said, "Marvel said no to space lesbians:.

Deadpool had a bisexual male lead and did very well internationally-)
    Deadpool "bisexuality" if you can even call it that, it's only and always used as a joke.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    ^Exactly, there's actually no real reason/need for any LGBT characters to ever appear in the MCU.
    I mean come on, how many LGBT characters can you actually think of from the comics? I can't think of any!
    The only reason they would be added is to pander to the forced diversity agenda we have these days.
    But it would be unlikely they'd ever do it because as others have noted it would not fly in places like Russia/China.
    I love straight people.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I love straight people.
    I know how you feel. I'm just speechless here, my eyes burn.

barely put female characters in movies because of the Perlmutter's misogyny, that even was against the solo film of Captain Marvel, unthinkable to put gay characters. This little speech is pure demagogy. I am in favor of gay characters, but Marvel has no such courage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank XTC View Post
    barely put female characters in movies because of the Perlmutter's misogyny, that even was against the solo film of Captain Marvel, unthinkable to put gay characters. This little speech is pure demagogy. I am in favor of gay characters, but Marvel has no such courage.
    If you're talking about what I think you are, Perlmutter doesn't have any power on the movies anymore. Recently Marvel Studios was separated from Marvel Entertainment, so Kev Feige has total power responding only to Disney(not like that was so much better!). Also, he still have power over Marvel TV and they have gay characters on Agents of SHIELD and Jessica Jones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pootenheim View Post
    I suppose it can work.. I mean, the entire reasoning behind LGBT characters being prevalent in the X-Men comics is because we are societal outcasts. The same could be argued for the Guardians, who are the "misfits" of the MCU. I know I wouldn't be offended by that, but I certainly see your point that it's a risky creative decision. It all depends on how they handle it, and as I said, I don't particularly trust James Gunn with that job.
    Some people get offended when Marvel writers have gay male characters call each other "babe".

There really is something in everything for someone to get offended by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    You do realize that same poster completely removed Poe and Chewbacca too right?
    I always loved this thing because the issue was Finn.

Apparently, Poe and Chewy dont really matter.