Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I always loved this thing because the issue was Finn.

Apparently, Poe and Chewy dont really matter.
    Everyone was so concerned about Finn they forgot to look at the rest of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    ^Exactly, there's actually no real reason/need for any LGBT characters to ever appear in the MCU.
    I mean come on, how many LGBT characters can you actually think of from the comics? I can't think of any!
    The only reason they would be added is to pander to the forced diversity agenda we have these days.
    But it would be unlikely they'd ever do it because as others have noted it would not fly in places like Russia/China.

Now, I think we'll probably see Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel & Miles Morales/Spidey films at some point.
    Probably phase 5, and I think that is a cool thing because it would reflect the real world diversity we have in the west today.
    But the the problem with such films, is that they would be a box office gamble and maybe only appeal to minorities.
    Have you never heard of Loki or Deadpool or Mystique or Iceman???

Quote Originally Posted by eckesg1 View Post
    The problem with this from a storytelling POV is not looking like you're just putting it in just to be there. It has to be organic
    They've managed to organically get in countless moments to ping heterosexuality, I see no reason they couldn't do that for an LGBT character.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-04-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Have you never heard of Loki or Deadpool or Mystique or Iceman???
    Kinda weird that 3/4 of your examples aren't MCU compatible characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Kinda weird that 3/4 of your examples aren't MCU compatible characters.
    a) the poster said he couldn't name any COMIC characters who were LGBT.
    b) regardless, Loki is not only usable he's already in the MCU films; which finds time to "ping" countless moments of str8 sexuality. And all I needed to name was one to prove my point. The MCU have no excuse. They already have the character, they just don't care about openly including LGBT characters.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-04-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

b) regardless, Loki is not only usable he's already in the MCU films; which finds time to "ping" countless moments of str8 sexuality. And all I needed to name was one to prove my point. The MCU have no excuse. They already have the character, they just don't care about openly including LGBT characters.
    They don't even care about Loki's sexuality on the actual comics, so...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    But the the problem with such films, is that they would be a box office gamble and maybe only appeal to minorities.
    Is that any more of a gamble with all these straight white male lead film that bomb WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY bigger than the minority lead ones?

Last time I checked Kevin Hart films don't bomb in theaters unlike Adam Sandler films that need the oversea market to make a profit.

Oh and lets address the "forced" diversity for a moment.

Can you define it or use it in a complete sentence?

Is it when we actually have a POC in a cast? That so many Simpsons Comic Book Store guys have strokes over it?

We are not having forced diversity-we are having long overdue diversity that should have been for YEARS.

It's not my fault studios are so WEAK about offending comic book store guy that they won't expand. Because comic book store guy wants to encourage boycotts or shoot up the theater because a minority is in a film.

It's not my fault comic book store guy wants to use Catwoman, Steel & FF as examples to KEEP minorities, women & LGBT from leading films.

Then he wants to cry about why can Moon Knight get a movie? Because he doesn't understand attacking Finn, Black Johnny Storm, Panther or Black Widow HURTS guys like Moon Knight than it does Khan or Miles.

We are PAST time for a LGBT in Marvel films. That sexuality does NOT define them. A LGBT can save the world just as well as anyone else.

I don't want to hear about that is not right for a kid to see. SORRY America-if you kid goes to SCHOOL-they already see it. Or did yall not think a kid with gay parents don't go to school like the rest?

Lets get some LGBT in some films and get it over with.

BANNED

a) sure. Just notating that most of your "well-known" examples lie with another property.
    b) considering point a), are you as upset with Fox? Especially since it looks like Karma isn't going to be introduced in the New Mutants movie? (Just curious here)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They don't even care about Loki's sexuality on the actual comics, so...
    They didn't particularly care about it in the movies, either, unless I missed something.

They didn't particularly care about it in the movies, either, unless I missed something.
    The "problem" is that his bisexuality was never explored, I guess exactly for being a famous character from the movies. But yeah, at least we can have it as headcanon for MCU Loki.

BANNED

The "problem" is that his bisexuality was never explored, I guess exactly for being a famous character from the movies. But yeah, at least we can have it as headcanon for MCU Loki.
    But they haven't explored his sexuality at all.

Maybe it's important to deviate from the comics a tad, and represent asexual people.

But they haven't explored his sexuality at all.

Maybe it's important to deviate from the comics a tad, and represent asexual people.
    Sure it would. People suggested Magik(if you mean the comics) for example. But Loki has his sexuality already stated, they just ignore it.

BANNED

Sure it would. People suggested Magik(if you mean the comics) for example. But Loki has his sexuality already stated, they just ignore it.
    I was referring to the movies.

Magik would, yet again, be non-MCU.

I was referring to the movies.

Magik would, yet again, be non-MCU.
    Right. Pretty much all the other characters are straight on the comics, but the asexual representation have to be with the only one that it's LGBT? It's like when they talk about how the Acient One being a woman is all about diversity when they whitewashed him, they shouldn't exclude one to bring another. Were you being sarcastic or something?
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-04-2016 at 04:40 PM.

BANNED

Right. Pretty much all the other characters are straight on the comics, but the asexual representation have to be with the only one that it's LGBT? It's like when they talk about how the Acient One being a woman is all about diversity when they whitewashed him, they shouldn't exclude one to bring another. Were you being sarcastic or something?
    Caught red-handed. Mostly.

I do think it's a bit odd that asexuals tend to get lost in the shuffle of desiring more non-hetero representation, though.

Anyways, I was merely drawing attention to the point that Loki hasn't been expressed as straight, gay, bi or...anything (again, unless I've missed something...I STILL haven't finished watching Thor: TDW ).

Caught red-handed. Mostly.

I do think it's a bit odd that asexuals tend to get lost in the shuffle of desiring more non-hetero representation, though.

Anyways, I was merely drawing attention to the point that Loki hasn't been expressed as straight, gay, bi or...anything (again, unless I've missed something...I STILL haven't finished watching Thor: TDW ).
    You were obviously being at least a bit ironic from the beginning because for some reason you find the need to try to invalidate people's arguments and be against LGBT representation, but I have seen some people being completely serious saying a lot worst, so you never really knows .