Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Yup, she's missing but the last we saw of her she was very much alive once again.
    Same goes for Madelyne Pryor a.k.a. the Red Queen.

Also, you should add all of the X-Men's human villains like Stryker, Hodge, Lang, Graydon Creed, Kelly and Trask to the list of dead villains as well.

As for other mutant/mutate/alien villains:

Marauders - most of them dead (more so than usual as Magneto destroyed their clones)
    Nasty Boys- most of them depowered and/or missing
    MLF - most of them missing
    Acolytes - most of them depowered and/or missing
    Stryfe - dead(?)
    Exodus - missing and/or dead(?)
    Dark Beast - dead
    Brood - missing or dead(?)
    Silver Samurai I - dead
    Silver Samurai II - missing
    Cassandra Nova - dead or missing(?)
    Proteus - inactive/dead (for now)
    Legion - written out of existence (for now)
    Sauron - missing(?)
    Savage Land Mutates - missing or in Savage Land(?)
    Juggernaut - reformed(?)
    Vulcan - dead
    Mastermind I - dead
    Mastermind sisters - missing(?)
    Mesmero - depowered and/or reformed(?)
    Shi'ar - inactive as villains
    D'Ken - dead
    Lilandra - dead (not really a villain but eh... eff it!)
    Deathbird - missing
    Daken - dead
    Chimera - ???

Neo are also dead after the evolutionaries wiped them out. Crimson Pirates are not part of the Neo but are interdimensional pirates so they are still around. Somewhere.

Man this rogues gallery looks sad...
    Really? Selene is active again?? That's actually a pretty big classic villain returning then. I'll change her status! = )

As I recalled it, the Crimson Pirates was a sub-tribe of the Neo, similar to the classic Warclan and the more obscure Shockwave Riders, and lo' and behold... when checking it up, that's actually the case! For some reason, editorial or Claremont got the idea that ALL of the X-men's new villains during "X-men: Revolution" was to be Neo of some kind or another.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    None of those "incarcerated" are incarcerated.
    Deaths are never permanent for many of those.
    Reformations seldom stick.

Fenris are active again. Probably clones, but still...
    You question my judgement?! : P

As far as I can tell, Shadow King is once again trapped in Omega White's braindead body.

The Sentinels are decommissioned, which in their case is pretty much the equivalent of incarceration, since they're deactivated and put in storage.

Arcade is a prisoner of the Masters of Evil. (last time we saw him, Baron Zemo had his @$$ strapped to the cockpit of a jetplane)

Mojo is currently in jail in Mojoverse, strangely enough! But on the other hand, the epilogue in "Spider-man and the X-men" which showed this also mentioned that his viewers-rates were through the roof, so he could be out on probation, I suppose. But until we see him again... he's in jail.

The Fenris are back, eh? Well, clones probably count as well, as that means there's now a version of them running around.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    That's looking to be debatable. In UXM #6, he's back with the Inner Circle.

She's rolling around with Sinister's current incarnation of the Marauders per EXM.

Spurrier's X-Force snatched him up, but as of Uncanny X-Men #6, he's live and on the air in Mojoworld.
    He actually escaped from X-force, but when he kidnapped Spider-man and the Young X-men he went into Mojoverse-prison, as previously mentioned. However... are you telling me he's now back on the air again?? I take it you mean the newest UXM -volume - post-SW. If that's the case, I'll change his status pronto!

EDIT:

Well! Look at that... turns out Juggernaut is actually a bad guy once more. He's been driven mad by a massive power-up from Cyttorrak, and now he wants revenge on Cyclops for killing Professor X! That would actually have been a kind of cool story, methinks. Anyways, he's missing I suppose - since he hasn't been seen since then, and Cyke is out of commission, so god knows what happened to Juggernaut.

EDIT2:

Just checked out UXM #6 - turns out Mojo is indeed back on the air. No explanation given, but that's par for the course I suppose.

EDIT3:

Emplate has returned! It's quite clear, in UXM #7.

Pretty cool how many villains are now returning! The X-men haven't really had any proper villains for YEARS, but the new writers seems to want to bring em' back to the fore once more!
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 05-04-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Technically Apocalypse is incarcerated too: last time we saw him he was a being taken by the Celestials.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    As far as I can tell, Shadow King is once again trapped in Omega White's braindead body.
    Perhaps one of the dumbest ideas ever. Shadow King animates corpses. He isn't hindered by them.

The Sentinels are decommissioned, which in their case is pretty much the equivalent of incarceration, since they're deactivated and put in storage.
    Last we saw, the Sentinels were under Red Skull control. He's a threat.

Arcade is a prisoner of the Masters of Evil. (last time we saw him, Baron Zemo had his @$$ strapped to the cockpit of a jetplane)
    Really don't consider that an incarceration. It's even doubtful they still have him, considering Zemo, himself, and plenty of his friends had been captured and locked in Pleasant Hill.

Mojo...
    Is running Mojoworld.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-04-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Perhaps one of the dumbest ideas ever. Shadow King animates corpses. It isn't hindered by them.
    Really? Not at all saying you're wrong, but I thought that, as a telepath, SK needed a living brain to corrupt and inhabit. When did he animate a corpse?

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

The Upstarts need to have another competition with new contestants going in the 616...

Unless a character is truly unpopular Death is seldom final. Reformed characters stay that way until a writer decides to ruin them. As no matter how much it makes no sense for the character to become a villain again. Or the amount of character development written towards the reformation. If they need a character to become a villain again he or she will. Why not make some new villains. Classics ones are good yet they needs some new ones as well imo.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Perhaps one of the dumbest ideas ever. Shadow King animates corpses. He isn't hindered by them.
    Whether one thinks it's a dumb idea doesn't really matter - it's what's stated in the books, so we'll go with that for the time being.

When did we see Shadow King reanimate corpses though? I've never seen him do that, in any of the appearances of him that I've read.

Last we saw, the Sentinels were under Red Skull control. He's a threat.
    You know, you bring up something interesting here - should Red Skull be added to the villains-list? He clearly hates mutants these days, as per AvX and all that, but as far as I know they've never actually fought him in any of their own books... only under the Avengers-banner.

On the one hand, we did see Magneto fight him in his book, during the AvX lead-up. I'm still feeling that he should be left off the list tho'.

Regarding the Sentinels though... last time *I* saw them, Cyclops had taken control of them, and used them for fighting in the final Incursion, in Secret Wars #1. As far as I can tell from the few appearances of the Skull that there have been since AvX, he doesn't seem to have the same resources any more - he's even hiding out in some secret room in Avengers-mansion or something. My impression is that he no longer controls the Sentinels - hence, they are once more inactive.

Really don't consider that an incarceration. It's even doubtful they still have him, considering Zemo, himself, and plenty of his friends had been captured and locked in Pleasant Hill.
    Hmm, checking up on events, it does seem unlikely... I suppose he fits better under the missing category.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Unless a character is truly unpopular Death is seldom final. Reformed characters stay that way until a writer decides to ruin them. As no matter how much it makes no sense for the character to become a villain again. Or the amount of character development written towards the reformation. If they need a character to become a villain again. he or she will. Why not make some new villains. Classics ones are good yet they needs some new ones as well imo.
    There are two big problems with this idea.

1. The new villains must be both good and unique.

The uniqueness is the hardest part, as the X-men have, or have had, so many types of villains - so for a new villain to become truly popular they can't just be a rehash of, for instance, MAGNETO. That won't slide. So many ideas have already been used in the world of today. Coming up with new stuff is really hard.

2. Most comic-creators don't create new characters for Marvel or DC these days.

The reason is fully logical - if a comic-creator creates an awesome new character that turns into a success for Marvel, the creator only gets scraps in return. Comic-creators aren't satisfied with scraps and crumbs any more - they know it's far better to keep their best characters to themselves and use them to launch their own IMAGE-comic instead - more money, and complete artistic control.

So yeah, those are two pretty big hurdles when it comes to the X-men gaining new villains.

And besides, don't you think the X-men has so many old, unused villains anyway, with great potential? = ) Taking a quick look at MarvunApp, I see tons of cool characters that should be brought out of storage!

Maybe you have a forgotten x-villain that you think should be brought back, yourself?
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 05-05-2016 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Really? Selene is active again?? That's actually a pretty big classic villain returning then. I'll change her status! = )

As I recalled it, the Crimson Pirates was a sub-tribe of the Neo, similar to the classic Warclan and the more obscure Shockwave Riders, and lo' and behold... when checking it up, that's actually the case! For some reason, editorial or Claremont got the idea that ALL of the X-men's new villains during "X-men: Revolution" was to be Neo of some kind or another.
    Yeah, Selene is alive again. Ever since Wood's X-Men run.

And where exactly did you read that the Crimson Pirates were actually part of the Neo like the Shockwave Riders and the Warclan? I checked Marvel databae and they describe them as inter-dimensional pirates:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson...es_(Earth-616)

Besides one of them, Bloody Bess appeared in Nightcrawler's solo book despite the fact that the Evolutionaries killed off all of the Neo members when they attacked Utopia. And as far as I remember they were never confirmed to be part of the Neo and only thing to hint at them being part of the Neo was speculation on the part of the X-Men themselves. I gues the Goth who employed them might have been a Neo but Tullamore Voge certainly wasn't and likely the Sea Dogs or Killian weren't either. So I'd say that most of them weren't Neo since they were extra-dimensional pirates and not mutants.

There's a Sentinel on the EXM team as well y'all.

Not that I'm happy to acknowledge it (or even Cyclops using sentinels) but it's happening.

I really don't get the determination to redeem the sentinels. You need a death robot so bad take Danger or Warlock or someone, c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    Yeah, Selene is alive again. Ever since Wood's X-Men run.

And where exactly did you read that the Crimson Pirates were actually part of the Neo like the Shockwave Riders and the Warclan? I checked Marvel databae and they describe them as inter-dimensional pirates:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson...es_(Earth-616)

Besides one of them, Bloody Bess appeared in Nightcrawler's solo book despite the fact that the Evolutionaries killed off all of the Neo members when they attacked Utopia. And as far as I remember they were never confirmed to be part of the Neo and only thing to hint at them being part of the Neo was speculation on the part of the X-Men themselves. I gues the Goth who employed them might have been a Neo but Tullamore Voge certainly wasn't and likely the Sea Dogs or Killian weren't either. So I'd say that most of them weren't Neo since they were extra-dimensional pirates and not mutants.
    Got the info either from Wikipedia or Marvel Wiki - not the official actual marvel wiki tho, which you linked.

Now, if they truly are Neo, I would no-prize it such that since the Pirates are dimensional travellers, they simply weren't on Earth-616 when the Evolutionaries killed off the other Neo - hence, they survived.