Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbob007 View Post
    If by "not appropriate," you mean homosexual, then I will let Stan Lee explain.
    That's not what I heard from Kenneth Johnson, in a video of him talking about the show, he mentioned not liking double alliteration for names, and prefer using names of people around him, and used the name of his nephew -if I recall correctly- for David.

I thought the choice of the name David is kind of ironic, cause one of the names the Hulk is known for in the comics is "the Green Goliath", I thought that was their intention.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    That's not what I heard from Kenneth Johnson, in a video of him talking about the show, he mentioned not liking double alliteration for names, and prefer using names of people around him, and used the name of his nephew -if I recall correctly- for David.

I thought the choice of the name David is kind of ironic, cause one of the names the Hulk is known for in the comics is "the Green Goliath", I thought that was their intention.
    That actually makes a lot more sense than the story Stan has been telling for years. I've never really heard Bruce as a stereotypically gay name, and no one ever had a problem with Bruce Wayne. Also, Stan Lee lies A LOT, so you can't really trust his old stories.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That actually makes a lot more sense than the story Stan has been telling for years. I've never really heard Bruce as a stereotypically gay name, and no one ever had a problem with Bruce Wayne. Also, Stan Lee lies A LOT, so you can't really trust his old stories.
    I think it's bull, too, though I do recall the name bandied about as a gay one by the '80s (Oh, Brucie!")
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post

Johnson also wanted to make the Hulk red, because it was a creature born of rage. I love his account with Stan Lee about the color of the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderbob007 View Post
    Johnson also wanted to make the Hulk red, because it was a creature born of rage. I love his account with Stan Lee about the color of the Hulk.

I remember that part.
    I like that Hulk is green, it's the color of new, and the Hulk is childlike, it's a fitting color for that aspect.
    Regardless of Hulk originally being a smug smart jerk, and a cunning wild adult minded being.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Yeah, there was a time in the 1970's and 1980s when Bruce was a name linked with gay guys. Part of it was due to a Monty Python sketch and the Pythons of course were pretty big back then. It's kind of backwards though. The guys were in a meeting and all their names were Bruce and they said there were no "poofters" allowed in their club. Or it could be because Wertham's book "Seduction of the Innocent" asserted that Batman (Bruce) was gay because of his relationship with Robin.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So he doesn't like double alliteration but he makes a show about a Marvel character? Has he read any of the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    So he doesn't like double alliteration but he makes a show about a Marvel character? Has he read any of the comics?
    It sounds like he doesn't like comics. I was never a fan of the Hill show.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    It sounds like he doesn't like comics.
    Not a fan at all.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Pull List:

ASM/Spider-Gwen/Deadpool/Harley Quinn/Batman/All-New Wolverine/OML/Lady Mechanika/B.E.K./HarleyQuinn/Paper Girls/All-Star Batman / Gwenpool/Reborn

JLS Comics: Twitter: @ComicsJLS /// Instagram: JLSComics
    YouTube www.youtube.com/c/JLSComics
    F: http://www.facebook.com/JLSComics
    Check out my articles at www.comicbooked.com!

I strongly suspect the gentlemen being carried on the covers of Amazing Fantasy 15 and Detective 27 are one and the same.

edhopper gets my vote this week.

-M

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Time to vote! I'm going with nx01a for that VERY pregnant Quasar cover which made me chuckle!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Abe. That's a scene I'd love to see inside a comic.