Amazing Member

Question DC Universe: Rebirth- The Return The Original Earth One and Earth Two?

The DC Rebirth preview back cover gave some hope that the original Earth One and Earth Two might be making a comeback.

If so, what do you think DC should do with them?

Mini-series?
    Their own monthly?
    An Original Graphic Novel Line?
    Their own monthly line?
    Yearly guest appearances?

Any ideas?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I don't think they are coming back, just having some of their history incorporated into the current continuity.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

I just want the JSA in this world right now, young. What happens on Earth 2 should stay on Earth 2. They can keep what they're done there for all I care.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-04-2016 at 04:53 PM.

I think than the jsutice league solicitation is pretty clear about the status of the previous universe:

Spinning out of the events of DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, a new day dawns for Earth’s greatest heroes as they welcome three new members to the team, including…Superman? Who is this strange visitor from a dead world—and can he be trusted? Batman and Wonder Woman aren’t so sure.
    I don't think than "dead world" just means "Krypton from a previous universe".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think the annual multiverse crisis stories can return.

There are still lots of questions about Earth 2 and Rebirth. The fall release of Earth 2: Rebirth wasn't in DC Previews. Hopefully DC's at least seeing if Abnett's take is selling better before pulling the plug. The nuDC Earth 2 franchise has been plagued with numerous direction changes and writers who either sucked or were hampered by Editorial.

Me, I'd love to see an Earth 2 with a full population and multi-generational heroes with the effects of decades of superheroes. I'm also OK with the idea of the rebuildiong of a planet (although until Abnett, the execution sucked royally).

I'm not even sure if DC has locked down all the details on this yet. Maybe a 900 number to see which Earth 2 you want.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd like to see monthly lines for both worlds. JLA and JSA titles at a minimum.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There are still lots of questions about Earth 2 and Rebirth. The fall release of Earth 2: Rebirth wasn't in DC Previews. Hopefully DC's at least seeing if Abnett's take is selling better before pulling the plug. The nuDC Earth 2 franchise has been plagued with numerous direction changes and writers who either sucked or were hampered by Editorial.

Me, I'd love to see an Earth 2 with a full population and multi-generational heroes with the effects of decades of superheroes. I'm also OK with the idea of the rebuildiong of a planet (although until Abnett, the execution sucked royally).

I'm not even sure if DC has locked down all the details on this yet. Maybe a 900 number to see which Earth 2 you want.
    Didio said on Twitter Earth 2 isn't relaunching and will continue as is.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think than the jsutice league solicitation is pretty clear about the status of the previous universe:

I don't think than "dead world" just means "Krypton from a previous universe".
    That's the post-Crisis Earth prime though, not Pre-Crisis Earth 1 and 2 which are the ones featured in the Rebirth image.

Spectacular Member

Why is post-CRISIS Earth dead? Are Superman, Lois, and Jon the sole survivors? I thought Convergence brought back the INFINITE Earths Multiverse where writer Jeff King said everything is out there including the pre-CRISIS Earths 1 and 2 teased on back cover of Previews DC Rebirth special which I would LOVE to see return. I was born in 1970 and grew up on original DC Multiverse and 1985 CRISIS got rid of Multiverse and 1986 revamps ruined my favorite DC characters on cluttered Earth.

Anxious to see how DC Universe Rebirth in 3 weeks addresses Multiverse and finally uses it to its full potential. Multiverse was brought back in 52 in 2007 but has been neglected until Multiversity. Morrison wanted to bring Multiverse back as early as 1989 when DC started Elseworlds. Morrison and Waid never got to do Hypercrisis event spinning out of Hypertime which went nowhere.
    Last edited by dcdrew; 05-04-2016 at 04:57 PM.