View Poll Results: Should Jon be de-aged?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

40 56.34%
  • No.

13 18.31%
  • Don't care.

13 18.31%
  • Other.

5 7.04%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Should Jon be de-aged?

Do you want Jon restored to a ten year old or are you fine with him as he is now?
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He doesn't just need to be de aged.He needs a new shtick.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'd rather he be de-existanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I got a better idea transfer the kid to another franchise..I think those kinda things have happened.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-20-2024 at 01:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know, but at least he had some niche when he was a kid, and it worked.
    Currently they just have no idea what to do with him, Jon doesn't have any direction, current character was made for a scenario, where Clark was supposed to step aside, and it's not happening, so, he's just redunant.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So "other".
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't know, but at least he had some niche when he was a kid, and it worked.
    Currently they just have no idea what to do with him, Jon doesn't have any direction, current character was made for a scenario, where Clark was supposed to step aside, and it's not happening, so, he's just redunant.
    It's not that he took on superman title.He became clark.That's why i feel jon is redundant.He 's second rate at that.If jon was to become clark then what was the point of having an all new superman.Jon and clark being supermen at the same time could have worked.If they had any chemistry together.If they were different...

De-aged. They haven't known what to do with him since the age-up,and 5G was canned.

Yes if for no other reason than I don't think this character ever going to escape the controversy of the age up. I just never see Jon discussed anywhere in any great length without it not coming up.

I don't think Jon growing in of itself was the problem but rather the rushed way they went about it and now this dumb Ultraman/Volcano storyline hangs over the characters entire history like am ugly black mark.

I also think skipping over his adolescent years is why writers today are struggling to pin down an exact personality for him.
    Last edited by walk; 02-20-2024 at 01:49 PM.

I can't say anything I or someone else hasn't already said.

My question is, who's ego is the one preventing Jon from being de-aged sooner? We learned that the only reason we didn't get the Marvel/DC crossovers reprints sooner was solely because of the ego of one person, Ike Perlmutter, even though people on both sides had been advocating for it for years. And once Perlmutter was gone, BAM, reprints.

So who's been standing in the way of what's been best for their business?

Arrow

Yeah, there is too much baggage with Teen Jon. I say de-age him ASAP.

Also, maybe he can find a young boyfriend for some puppy love who is more interesting than Jay, which wouldn't be hard.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-20-2024 at 10:02 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

teen Jon should be future Jon.

Astonishing Member

It's sort of a catch-22 for me. Everything about his age stretches plausibility.

I'm still unsure just how he has a life, Do people remember Clark and Lois having a son who is Jon's current age? Do people remember Kid Jon and wonder where he went?

If they have a way to de-age him that removes everything between the age-up and now- great. If it is something that requires Jon's life to include being aged up for a significant time- then I'd rather just move forward from where we are now.

The major problem with DC for the past few decades has been an inability to stick to any change. We keep having stories covering the same ground with changes and reversions that are then reversed by the next writer.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm concerned the "Jon should be de-aged" thing is like a mini version of the OMD thing over in the Spidey boards.

There is absolutely no sign DC has any intention of reverting Jon's age. Let it go and try to enjoy the character you have.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    teen Jon should be future Jon.
    I don't think teen jon is anywhere near as cool as trunks.