SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND, LOIS LANE 55 (February 1965)--2nd story "Superman's Secret Wife" by Binder and Schaffenberger; cover art by Schaffenberger:

In the dead of night, Lois Lane is roused from her sleep and summoned by Circe to a cave outside of Metropolis. There, in revenge for the Man of Steel spurning her affections, the sorceress reveals to the Pride of Pittsdale that Superman is married with children, a boy and a girl.

After Circe vanishes, Lois is trapped by a cave-in, but happily rescued by the Maid of Might.

When the Daily Planet journalist tells the Blonde Blockbuster that her cousin is married, Kara is sceptical as he never told her such a thing. Still, Lois is determined to uncover who is Mrs. Superman.

The next day, as Lois investigates seismic activity near Mount Whitehead, she finds the Action Ace carving a heart out of the mountainside. It's the day before Valentine's Day and the Champion of Justice has inscribed the stone valentine with these words:

"To my Valentine...my Darling Wife...with love from her husband Superman"

At first, Ms. Lane suspects her friend Lana is the Bride of the Red and Blue Blur. Then she believes it is her own sister, Lucy, who has gone behind her back and stolen the Action Ace from her. After that, Lois wonders if it might be Lori Lemaris.

Even though Lori is married to Ronal--it seems possible that if the merman has died, then Lori would get her hooks into her old college sweetheart. The resolute reporter hires a bathysphere to investigate Lori's undersea kingdom and spots two children that look exactly like the children she saw in Circe's crystal ball--wearing red super-capes. However, they also have fish-tails and Ronal is still alive. Superman is their godfather, who gave them the capes and now arrives with more presents.

With the presents there is a tag attached, but Lois can't read it underwater. She returns to the surface and, as she stands on the pier reading the tag, the shock sends her over the edge, into the ocean. Kara Zor-El flashes down to rescue the drowning damsel in time. Supergirl now reads the tag which says:

"To my Underwater Godchildren...from Godfather Superman and Wife"

Note: The two children look much more like Superman than either Lori or Ronal. Seems fishy that the mermaid who was so in love with Clark ends up giving birth to two children that resemble him.