View Poll Results: Should Storm tell Magneto and his team not to identify themselves as the X-men?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 26.98%
  • No

46 73.02%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Storm tell Magneto and his team not to identify themselves as the X-men?

{The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month}

Storm is the official leader of the X-men. Magneto and his team are also X-men members but they seem to have a different opposing mission/objective. And it will confused humans and inhumans if the X-men are their ally or not.

So should Storm tell Magneto and his team not to identify themselves as the X-men?

Expect a lot of shade on Storm. I do think is kinda messy that there is other X-Men besides the main and the ANXM(that gets a pass for being the actual original founding members minus Jean and some additions), but I wouldn't exactly say they shouldn't be X-Men.

*begins warming tea and handing out tea cups and saucers*
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Didn't she basically appoint herself the leader of the X-men? Who/what even decides these things?

Also I'm pretty sure she's cool with it since Magneto's X-men dropped by Haven to leave Triage and Storm didn't say two words about it.

Meh. Mags doesn't seem to be in the whole proclaiming "FALL BEFORE THE X-MEN" or other stuff. They probably already had this talk but I don't expect the books to really acknowledge the other.

Plus its the public. They probably think he's made a new Brotherhood or something.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Wait, since when the normal humans and the inhumans are allies ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Didn't she basically appoint herself the leader of the X-men? Who/what even decides these things?

Also I'm pretty sure she's cool with it since Magneto's X-men dropped by Haven to leave Triage and Storm didn't say two words about it.
    The X-Men on the school will always be the official for me. Plus c'mon, EXM have Storm, Jean, Iceman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, while UXM have Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Fantomex. Not hard to identify which is THE X-Men team. Not saying they're better, but that they're obviously the official ones.

Should Magneto tell Storm and her team not to identify themselves as the X-Men?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Should Magneto tell Storm and her team not to identify themselves as the X-Men?
    No need, noone even is aware of the existence of Storm's team since they never do jack squat, while Magneto's team is out constantly busting ass and saving mutants
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Magneto used to be headmaster. Archangel is a founding member. Psylocke has slept with (or attempted to sleep with) two founders. I'd say that they are official enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    No need, noone even is aware of the existence of Storm's team since they never do jack squat, while Magneto's team is out constantly busting ass and saving mutants
    Well, what he does is more like stopping anyone who tries to finish what Black Bolt started than saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The X-Men on the school will always be the official for me. Plus c'mon, EXM have Storm, Jean, Iceman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, while UXM have Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Fantomex. Not hard to identify which is THE X-Men team. Not saying they're better, but that they're obviously the official ones.
    I mean I get that as far as tenure and visibility go but I can't help seeing this like Blue and Gold era or Extinction team and WaTXM. They're two separate squads operating under the same banner and not answering to either's orders.

For me team Magneto just new Brotherhood of Mutants. This is not the X-Men. X-Men had a ideology and its rules. Magneto have only the desire to take revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    For me team Magneto just new Brotherhood of Mutants. This is not the X-Men. X-Men had a ideology and its rules. Magneto have only the desire to take revenge.
    The dream is dead, and one would think that genocide is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Are you even reading Uncanny? If Mags et al were out for revenge, they'd be bombing Inhuman bases and killing innocent Inhumans instead of stopping other threats to mutant survival.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'