View Poll Results: Should Storm tell Magneto and his team not to identify themselves as the X-men?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 26.98%
  • No

46 73.02%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Let's say I magically get given control of an X-Title. I make Storm kill a child without mercy or compassion.

Is it Storm's fault for killing the child or is it my fault for making her do it? Similarly, is it even still Storm who killed that child?
    The way I view these types of scenarios is like this: It is Storm's fault and it is your fault and it is whoever allowed you to publish it's fault. Until/if it gets retconed in some way, then it's not Storm's fault, but you and your editor are still at fault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I've actually read NXM unlike most of its "fans".
    And yet are still confused

BANNED

Whether he was intoxicated or not is not going to change anything and you are personally attacking me just like your hero Magneto would do.

BANNED

I dont particularly find Magneto my hero.....I think my Username is actually a clue as to who I do like......you cant delete Kuan Yin and pretend he was Magneto. Unless you are trying to discuss fanfiction where Kuan Yin did not exist?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's a good point about how sometimes authors write characters "Stupidly" or "Erratically" and then fans can say Ah ha, see this stupid thing your character did hahahahha. But it was a weird situation and poor writing.... it seems like some allowances ought to be made for that
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    You can't prove that. That's all speculation and guessing. His EGO saved the X-Men's asses and saved Colossus from being a full on villain when no one else could help him through his grief.

How big was that ego when Gabrielle Haller was captured and he saved her? How about when he saved that human woman that was stuck in that hotel fire with her baby and he saved them in Paris when he was at his most villainous and anti-human.
    SMH. In the issue it is stated that he knocked out the power grid across the Earth and also causes thousands of innocents to die in the resulting shockwave.

Well lets play the game then. Is Ego was humongous when he decided to take over a small nation and claim it for himself in the name of mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    Let's say I magically get given control of an X-Title. I make Storm kill a child without mercy or compassion.

Is it Storm's fault for killing the child or is it my fault for making her do it? Similarly, is it even still Storm who killed that child?
    It's your fault because what you did is not in line with Storm's character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    SMH. In the issue it is stated that he knocked out the power grid across the Earth and also causes thousands of innocents to die in the resulting shockwave.

Well lets play the game then. Is Ego was humongous when he decided to take over a small nation and claim it for himself in the name of mutants.
    Well they tried to kill Magneto with nukes and thought they could dictate to him with their Magneto protocols. What did you think would happen? They instigated the whole thing and it only led to deaths. Which is usually the case. If he's responsible for thousands of deaths, why hasn't Rogue turned her back on him for that? Do you have any idea how that makes her look? Whole situation is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Why isn't he prison over all of this "innocent blood"? Why have Reed Richards, Iron Man, and Thor done nothing to stop him if he's this super evil threat?
    Because writers like using him too much and thus ignore his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Dream hasn't been particularly helpful, effective, or useful in improving Mutant's rights, or even existance.
    It is hard to read 50+ years of X-Men continuity as anything else than "Magneto was right".
    Well if the Mutant civil rights movement was successful to the point of becoming redundant you would sort of lose all dramatic motivation for the series, so yeah there probably was no "finish line" in that regard. But that doesn't change that this is what the X-Men's mission statement is. Not every story has to deal with mutants being persecuted directly, but always the fight against persecution should remain a core part of the teams foundation. (which was taken away as soon as "extinction" became the over-arching theme of the series.... IMO it's been downhill since).

Magneto was right? Magneto felt the war against humans was inevitable, never do I recall Magneto advising the Wanda Maximoff, Blackbolt and the bureaucratic top brass of Disney/Marvel would destroy all things "Mutant" in the marvel universe.