Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    It is going to happen. It's probably why they were nowhere to be seen in the future Xmen scenes. They retired to be happy together.
    Nah. Jeen totally flipped out upon hearing of the reunion and went homicidal on their sorry hides.

Great issue, though I don't really look forward for the Brotherhood to re-appear.

Reread xfactor #1

2nd and 3rd from the bottom: http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...se-of-cyclops/
    He doesn't look like someone in his 40s on those panels.

Either way, he's canonically (as canonically as ages can be in Marvel) in his 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How so? In what sense did she 'never have a chance' once she exited the cocoon?
    she was pestered by a shrill identity thief clone, and had to deal with the emotional baggage of her ex-boyfriend as soon as she woke up. then she got saddled with two kids she never even wanted before being bullied into marrying her tormentor. and then had to watch him slip away into the arms of a sex addict seductress. all that before finally dying in the most pitiful way possible.

i don't see what sort of chance she ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger88 View Post
    This is gonna rub a lot of the Kitty fans the wrong way, but how exactly has she proven to be a good teacher/Mentor for the O5 ?

Other than leaving the JGS and going to the NXS, what has she done to be the new "Xavier" to the O5 ? Giving a few lectures here and there or throwing a tantrum doesn't count. Look at how well she managed to train Jean Grey to restrain her use of powers. Look how she managed to convince Warren to stay with the O5 in the JGS. "Tyke, I refuse to allow you to go with your DAD to catch up and get to know him better" ! How well did that conversation go.

Rachel would have been the ideal mentor for the O5. "Professor" Kity just doesn't cut it anymore. She's good as a upport member/faculty, but not the headmistress or leader of the O5.
    Yea I definitely do agree that it is pretty forced that Kitty's in this position with the O5. When it came to people like Cyclops or Storm being leaders of the X-Men, you could see just why they were in that position but with Kitty, there just hasn't been that feeling. I also think Rachel would have been perfect for the role from the fact that she herself is a time traveler out of place in time to the fact that she could actually train them properly, especially Jeen (Kitty teaching her to control her telepathy was bull and they know it). It just seems that Bendis wants to push Kitty.

BANNED

From the way I see it concerning Kitty and the O5, BMB wants to affirm that Kitty is honoring Xavier's legacy through the O5.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    He doesn't look like someone in his 40s on those panels.

Either way, he's canonically (as canonically as ages can be in Marvel) in his 20s.
    Yes he does. Also, go back to those issues sometime and look at how his hands are drawn.

Yes he does. Also, go back to those issues sometime and look at how his hands are drawn.
    So the take-away from this is that the way Jackson Guice draws hands, and your personal opinion, supersede comic book fact?

Head-canon sure is swell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    So the take-away from this is that the way Jackson Guice draws hands, and your personal opinion, supersede comic book fact?

Head-canon sure is swell.
    What year of birth does Jean Grey's tombstone say? It's called Claremont Canon, the only thing that counts when it comes to the Xmen.

Seeing the future brotherhood made me think about Animax. When is teen Iceman and the revolution going to pop her from jail?

The Issue was really enjoyable since this was the first time that I have read ANXM in weeks and I believe I need a reminder about X-23.
    She's a lot more emotional these days which is pretty cool if I say so myself. However, I do have a question...
    When did she start this radical change? Was it after Avengers Arena? Or was it self-contained in ANXM?

What year of birth does Jean Grey's tombstone say? It's called Claremont Canon, the only thing that counts when it comes to the Xmen.

There's the Claremont version of 2013, but last time I checked, Kitty Pryde wasn't in her 40s and Wolverine hadn't gone grey.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    she was pestered by a shrill identity thief clone, and had to deal with the emotional baggage of her ex-boyfriend as soon as she woke up. then she got saddled with two kids she never even wanted before being bullied into marrying her tormentor. and then had to watch him slip away into the arms of a sex addict seductress. all that before finally dying in the most pitiful way possible.

i don't see what sort of chance she ever had.
    The fact that she had a lot to deal with (like pretty much every prominent superhero ever does, going from crisis to crisis being pretty much the norm) doesn't mean that she didn't have a chance to overcome those difficulties (like, again, pretty much every superhero ever). 'Never had a chance' to me means inevitable failure, which just doesn't seem to be the case.

And that's without getting into specifics like whether it's appropriate to term an abandoned wife's attitude towards a deadbeat dad as 'shrill', Jean's complete willingness to act as a parent in the Askani future, and in what sense Jean was bullied into getting married, whether she regretted it afterwards or not.

I like the other posters' interpretation that all was meant was that she never had a chance at a 'normal' life, though, given the nature of her powers, connection to the Phoenix, and propensity to be a trouble magnet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EterenalPsylocke View Post
    From the way I see it concerning Kitty and the O5, BMB wants to affirm that Kitty is honoring Xavier's legacy through the O5.
    Xavier was less of a jerk than Kitty.

Later canon retcons earlier canon, even when it's Claremont's. Would it have been cool if Claremont had stayed on and not been required to slide the timeline? Quite possibly, but that's not what's happened, and the timeline done slid.

EDIT: To expand, Jean's tombstone says she was born in 1956. Now, that's a timeline that's already slid, since there's no way she was intended be a mere seven years old when she appeared as a teenager in X-Men #1, 1963. That aside, no, if adult Jean were still around, she would not be pushing 60 years old, nor are Hank, Scott, Warren, and Bobby in their 50s. 1956 worked when we first saw the tombstone towards the end of 1980, rendering Jean 24 years old at the time of her death; it does not work now.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 05-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.