Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default All-New X-Men #26 *spoilers*

First thread

So, Nice issue and all that. And nice interaction between Adult Scott and Teen Jean. Nice to know that Tyke/Laura will be the next status quo.

And Teen Jean = Jean Grey + Madelyn Pryor
    Last edited by Longshot2000; 04-30-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: No "Discussion" in title

BANNED

I was just in the process of opening the original thread when the forums got wiped. Wonder what I missed under the old discussion.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Whoa, there's a ton of brand equity built up with this username. Close call.

It was solid!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Whoa, there's a ton of brand equity built up with this username. Close call.
    No more veteran posters.

We just got Maximoffed.

gonna be weird seeing so many people with Apr 2014 in the join date.

Topic: The issue was great! I'm happy to see Warren getting some focus and teen Bobby was hilarious.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArcGospell View Post
    gonna be weird seeing so many people with Apr 2014 in the join date.

Topic: The issue was great! I'm happy to see Warren getting some focus and teen Bobby was hilarious.

r.i.p. my Join Date from 2004!!

I am going to dedicate my new first post to the two great pairings this issue set up:

IceMorph!

AngelBear!

2014 has already given us StarKat and future KatYana. Bendis is the god of ships, bow down to him.

BANNED

So much for all the talk of Cyclops perving on Jeen. But jeez-ow, Kitty. Who do you think Scott is? One of your ex-boyfriends?

Bendis better not disappoint on the promise of Emma training Jeen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Complicated View Post
    IceMorph!
    <3

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    So much for all the talk of Cyclops perving on Jeen. But jeez-ow, Kitty. Who do you think Scott is? One of your ex-boyfriends?

Bendis better not disappoint on the promise of Emma training Jeen.

<3
    I'm surprised why the old Cyclops-haters aren't jumping with joy at the fact that Adult Cyclops ended it with Jean right there, and Laura's panels show that she will keep Tyke away from Jeen for good.

Er, I know this is all new and shiny but try and stay on topic and y'all should definitely read the rules before you post or you will be trouble. Mainly don't insult other posters.

Jean loved Cyclops the moment she laid eyes on him. Always has, always will. And vice versa. No matter how much they fuck each other over from time to time. Even if they are not fucking they will always be best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Er, I know this is all new and shiny but try and stay on topic and y'all should definitely read the rules before you post or you will be trouble. Mainly don't insult other posters.
    Wasn't an insult on my part, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot2000 View Post
    I'm surprised why the old Cyclops-haters aren't jumping with joy at the fact that Adult Cyclops ended it with Jean right there, and Laura's panels show that she will keep Tyke away from Jeen for good.
    Cyke didn't end with Jeen, he was never with her, she is 16, if he even kissed her, first, Kitty would kill him, and second, he would look like a pedophile, even if she is the teen version of his dead wife, that's what he was making clear to her, because she was really coming to him, and given how disappointed she looked I would say that she was about to kiss him.
    And Laura is about to be with Angel, she is going to be out of Jeen's way by the time Tyke comes back, and if she isn't, well, I would say that Jeen has the advantage in that fight, and if it comes to a fight Jeen would destroy laura

Well I guess I'm starting over here at CBR. But if I have to do it, I'm glad my first post can involve discussing an issue like All New X-men #26. After an event like The Trial of Jean Grey and an issue like All New X-men #25 (which was basically an extended conversation with Beast and Uatu), this issue looked like it would be basically an aftermath issue that would deal mostly in filler. I normally am indifferent about those issues. They tend to be less than thrilling. But this one surprised me with how great it turned out to be. I knew there would be a conversation between Cyclops and O5 Jean based on the preview. But I had no idea that it would be this well done and this heartfelt. This is the kind of conversation that I hoped Cyclops and O5 Jean would have sooner. They even admitted that they had been avoiding it. And this issue made it feel worth the wait.

I think Cyclops is in a unique position. I remember back during AvX Consequences where he told Wolverine that he understands Jean better than he ever could at this point. Well in a sense, he's right. O5 Jean saw first hand the horrors of her crimes as Dark Phoenix. Cyclops knows that experience all too well. He's the only other one besides her to know how it feels to commit such a heinous crime with that power. I think that played into the emotional undertone that made Kitty Pryde so uncomfortable. This is a chance for Cyclops and O5 Jean to interact and learn from each other in a way that doesn't just involve romantic tension. And I think that's great for their characters and for the series.

I also liked the X-23 plot in that she reveals she did really care about O5 Cyclops. But now it looks like O5 Angel might get his chance. Not all that thrilled about the future Brotherhood coming back. Didn't really miss them that much after X-men Battle of the Atom. But this issue has me excited about this series in a way I haven't felt in a while. I would go so far as to say it was one of the best issues to date. I expressed this sentiment as best I could on the full review I posted on my blog. If anyone is interested and if the mods don't object, here is a link:
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.