Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot2000 View Post
    I'm surprised why the old Cyclops-haters aren't jumping with joy at the fact that Adult Cyclops ended it with Jean right there, and Laura's panels show that she will keep Tyke away from Jeen for good.
    Cyke didn't end with Jeen, he was never with her, she is 16, if he even kissed her, first, Kitty would kill him, and second, he would look like a pedophile, even if she is the teen version of his dead wife, that's what he was making clear to her, because she was really coming to him, and given how disappointed she looked I would say that she was about to kiss him.
    And Laura is about to be with Angel, she is going to be out of Jeen's way by the time Tyke comes back, and if she isn't, well, I would say that Jeen has the advantage in that fight, and if it comes to a fight Jeen would destroy laura

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Speaking of future or past character deaths. When Tyke was dying Cyke was vanishing etc... Does that mean if Xorn dies Jeen does too or is that just me over thinking it.
    No. Because Xorna is Future Jeen, The Past affects the present but the future doesn't.

BANNED

Kitty really shined in this issue as did Teen Snowman.

Art was nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Speaking of future or past character deaths. When Tyke was dying Cyke was vanishing etc... Does that mean if Xorn dies Jeen does too or is that just me over thinking it.
    Why would Jeen die of her future self dies? By that logic she would already have been dead because Adult Jean died in Morrison's New X-Men.

Love how Kitty has her eye on Scott when it comes to Jean. Looks like she really needs to keep her eye on Jean though. Scott refuted her and all she said was "okay". I was expecting something like, "Oh Scott, I would never imagine!" But only an "okay". Just a tad creepy.

BANNED

Jeen won't die if Future Jean does, but Wolverine's collection of Jean hair would disappear.

I'm excited to see Emma training Jeen. People have been wanting this since All-New was announced. It's going to be uncomfortable/tons of fun. I'm hoping Bendis legitimately lets Emma mentor Jeen and it's more than just Emma snarking at her.

I want more Kitty lecturing Scott scenes. Kitty is at her best when she's finger wagging at someone. Needs moar screaming in his face though.

Was nice how Scott turned her down. Control your hormones Jeen, jeez.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Cyke didn't end with Jeen, he was never with her, she is 16, if he even kissed her, first, Kitty would kill him, and second, he would look like a pedophile, even if she is the teen version of his dead wife, that's what he was making clear to her, because she was really coming to him, and given how disappointed she looked I would say that she was about to kiss him.
    And Laura is about to be with Angel, she is going to be out of Jeen's way by the time Tyke comes back, and if she isn't, well, I would say that Jeen has the advantage in that fight, and if it comes to a fight Jeen would destroy laura
    nono, I meant that he ended the possibility of any version of him and any version of Jean getting back together. And as for Laura. She clearly is in love with Tyke. So even if Tyke wants to get close to Jeen when he gets back ( which might not happen due to change in his character after spending time with his dad), Laura will not let him.

Well I guess I'm starting over here at CBR. But if I have to do it, I'm glad my first post can involve discussing an issue like All New X-men #26. After an event like The Trial of Jean Grey and an issue like All New X-men #25 (which was basically an extended conversation with Beast and Uatu), this issue looked like it would be basically an aftermath issue that would deal mostly in filler. I normally am indifferent about those issues. They tend to be less than thrilling. But this one surprised me with how great it turned out to be. I knew there would be a conversation between Cyclops and O5 Jean based on the preview. But I had no idea that it would be this well done and this heartfelt. This is the kind of conversation that I hoped Cyclops and O5 Jean would have sooner. They even admitted that they had been avoiding it. And this issue made it feel worth the wait.

I think Cyclops is in a unique position. I remember back during AvX Consequences where he told Wolverine that he understands Jean better than he ever could at this point. Well in a sense, he's right. O5 Jean saw first hand the horrors of her crimes as Dark Phoenix. Cyclops knows that experience all too well. He's the only other one besides her to know how it feels to commit such a heinous crime with that power. I think that played into the emotional undertone that made Kitty Pryde so uncomfortable. This is a chance for Cyclops and O5 Jean to interact and learn from each other in a way that doesn't just involve romantic tension. And I think that's great for their characters and for the series.

I also liked the X-23 plot in that she reveals she did really care about O5 Cyclops. But now it looks like O5 Angel might get his chance. Not all that thrilled about the future Brotherhood coming back. Didn't really miss them that much after X-men Battle of the Atom. But this issue has me excited about this series in a way I haven't felt in a while. I would go so far as to say it was one of the best issues to date. I expressed this sentiment as best I could on the full review I posted on my blog. If anyone is interested and if the mods don't object, here is a link:
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Once again, art and the art only caught my interest. X-23's dialogue I just can't ever get use to. Cyclops may say "never" but I can't help but think that will eventually. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Junior Member? Why not just put me in some Forever 21, too?
    Veteran members like us should have our own title.

Laura/Tyke won't happen. He's going to be gone for the next year, possibly 2 in real time. She'll have moved on to Warren by then.
    Last edited by ItBurns; 04-30-2014 at 03:15 PM.

I actually jumped back on the book with this issue. I'm not sure I'll stay, but it wasn't bad (the art, obviously, was spectacular). I'm more curious as to why the future Brotherhood appears to be intact in that last panel; I know BOTA is not remembered fondly around here, but I'm pretty sure there appeared to be a couple of dead people walking.

I am very, very glad Bendis handled the Scott/Jean scene as he did. Having spotted the old thread with the spoilers before I got the issue, I was expecting Kitty's confrontation with Scott to be a lot louder/more dramatic, but I was pleasantly surprised.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot2000 View Post
    And as for Laura. She clearly is in love with Tyke. So even if Tyke wants to get close to Jeen when he gets back ( which might not happen due to change in his character after spending time with his dad), Laura will not let him.
    Even if Laura DOES have genuine feelings for Tyke, I disagree that she'd get in the way. Laura's the sort who would recognize that Tyke and Jeen being together has major ramifications for all of existence due to the importance of their relationship in the past, so would rather suffer in silence than to act on what she feels and risk causing a reality-destroying paradox.