Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And yet now she's being trained by the telepathic cripple as her only option to train her in something so powerful.

And are we still pretending the NXS is much of a secret base when everyone and their grandmother san SHIELD knows where it is?
    Maybe Rachel did help out train Jean. Stuff does happen off panel.

But the reality of the situation is that people don't care about Rachel enough to push for her to train Jean, meanwhile i'd imagine Bendis' inbox has been flooded requesting Emma/Jean scenes.

As for the later, no.

Spectacular Member

Happy to see the Jott retcon nearing full completion with Adult Cyke, Tyke and Jeen in agreement that it shouldn't happen ever.

LOL Laura. Now that Tyke is in space, her role in ANXM is to pine after him instead of hug him.

Quote Originally Posted by ItBurns View Post
    I'm excited to see Emma training Jeen. People have been wanting this since All-New was announced. It's going to be uncomfortable/tons of fun. I'm hoping Bendis legitimately lets Emma mentor Jeen and it's more than just Emma snarking at her.
    We already know Emma training Jeen instead of Xavier equals:

They should have lobotomized Gladiator and left her with Oracle.

Jean/Scott talk started out good, then ended up awful.

Only a few issues ago Jean slapped him in the face saying "She lived it, and I can't imagine it" (regarding the wedding invitation in UXM).
    Then suddenly shes all "I think thats why I like you more than the younger Scott".

This is practically their first conversation since then! My god that was horrible.

Rest of the issue was ok at best. Though this whole thing can be summed up as "lets have characters worship Scott for 20 pages". Im actually fine with the character and everything, but it get soooo annoying.
    Last edited by cwatz; 04-30-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochene View Post
    I actually jumped back on the book with this issue. I'm not sure I'll stay, but it wasn't bad (the art, obviously, was spectacular). I'm more curious as to why the future Brotherhood appears to be intact in that last panel; I know BOTA is not remembered fondly around here, but I'm pretty sure there appeared to be a couple of dead people walking.

I am very, very glad Bendis handled the Scott/Jean scene as he did. Having spotted the old thread with the spoilers before I got the issue, I was expecting Kitty's confrontation with Scott to be a lot louder/more dramatic, but I was pleasantly surprised.
    Well the only one that im curious about is beast (maybe is just raze), because the other are explainable, kind-of; magik's sword just knocked molly unconscious, maybe deadpool is still cursed, and xorn, well, being vaporized (by a nuclear explosion) didnt stop alma wade, so i dont think it would stop her either.

Why the hell is X-23 so gaga over Scott? Because they hugged?
    Looks like the rejects from battle of the Atom wont go away. Another crappy issue, and it looks like its only gonna get worse.

Would of been a hell of a lot better if Cyclops tried to put the moves of Jean. Now thats some juicy drama right there.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 04-30-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    And yet now she's being trained by the telepathic cripple as her only option to train her in something so powerful.

And are we still pretending the NXS is much of a secret base when everyone and their grandmother san SHIELD knows where it is?
    just because blind people can't see anymore doesn't mean they forget how to read. emma is a teacher and she was a telepath for years. i think she's qualified enough to manage jean. kitty's been doing it just fine and she doesn't even have a psychic power. unless being a loudmouth know-it-all is now considered psi.

rachel was "away" from the jgg school for most of the time jean was living there.

and i don't remember saying anything about nxs being "secret" unless you weren't talking to me. it's been a while since i've been on this board so apologies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post

Only a few issues ago Jean slapped him in the face saying "She lived it, and I can't imagine it" (regarding the wedding invitation in UXM).
    Then suddenly shes all "I think thats why I like you more than the younger Scott".

This is practically their first conversation since then! My god that was horrible.

Rest of the issue was ok at best. Though this whole thing can be summed up as "lets have characters worship Scott for 20 pages". Im actually fine with the character and everything, but it get soooo annoying.
    Seriously where did the change of heart come from? Is Bendis and female character personality swings a thing?

I'm still confused about BOTA Pryde.

I approve this issue. 10/10!

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Seriously where did the change of heart come from? Is Bendis and female character personality swings a thing?

I'm still confused about BOTA Pryde.
    People always say one thing but really means another. She was trying to hurt him but obviously didnt mean it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    People always say one thing but really means another. She was trying to hurt him but obviously didnt mean it.
    She was definitely trying to hurt him, but if she was actually hoping to get laid even at that time of the story, when did she change over from wanting to avoid her doomed future with him to wanting to have his babies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    She was definitely trying to hurt him, but if she was actually hoping to get laid even at that time of the story, when did she change over from wanting to avoid her doomed future with him to wanting to have his babies?
    Maybe hearing about how he optic blasted Beast in the face will turn her on.

Quote Originally Posted by cwatz View Post

Jeen being bipolar, and a possesive maniac, is a recurrent feature of her long list of psychological disorder issues.

little beast is the one i'm really worried about. he's making himself crazy trying to fix his older self's colossal mess. and now he's about to get harassed by his grandpa monster self. i think he might snap from the shame and horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Maybe hearing about how he optic blasted Beast in the face will turn her on.
    I find Cyclops pretty annoying and it turned me on.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Kitty's jealous! It's the only valid excuse for why she doesn't want Cyke alone with Jeen. Though I don't blame her, Jeen was totally asking Cyke to give her a taste of his One-Eye but he restrained himself.

Laura is so angry, confused and sad that Tyke left that she let her guard down against Raze because he took Tyke's form... Poor girl.

Warren seems to be getting set up as her new Love Interest, as he's the only one other than Kitty that was enraged that Laura was left and no one seemed to care, and to help a broken hearted Laura get over that Tyke left the team and left her. Wonder if she'll choose to stay with Warren, after she gets to know him, or if she'll forgive Tyke for abandoning her and getting back with him when he returns?

Warren also seems to be prime for getting set up as the guy to fulfill Tyke's leadership position.

Bobby was ridiculous cruel towards Laura, didn't even remember her name.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 04-30-2014 at 06:11 PM.