Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retired

I think Superman did all the things in the 1960s. I liken it to THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW. You tuned in every Sunday to see a variety of amazing acts (some better than others). Superman was a one-man variety show and the stories kept trying to top themselves with the amazing feats he could perform.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just read Action Comics 459, "Superman's Big Crack Up" vs. the villain Blackrock. Superman uses his "super-ventriloquism" to contact a scientist at some nearby location and has him build a device. He does this while battling the villain! It's like a meat an potatoes version of telepathy. With his "super-breath" acting as telekinesis, his ventriloquism acting as telepathy, Superman is quite the Professor X!

(The back up story was a Secret Life of Clark Kent story. Clark stumbles on some mobsters that kidnapped the Champ! Those bronze age Secret Life of Clark Kent stories have a golden age Superman feel.)

Retired

Super-ventriloquism seems to be one of those powers introduced by someone who didn’t know what they were talking about.

Ventriloquists don’t actually throw their voice, it’s misdirection. Superman could be a super-ventriloquist because he has so much breath control, but throwing his voice would be an illusion.

Yet, as these stories happened and he did physically throw his voice great distances, there has to be an explanation for it. Perhaps he used his vision powers to excite molecules at great distances to produce sonic wave patterns that imitated the human voice.

His super senses, ability to think super fast, and perfect ought to make a superb reader of body language. It ought to be almost impossible to surprise him in a fight, or lie to him.

Ought to be just about impervious to mind control..his super fast brain and ability to think in different languages should see to that. No point giving him orders in English, if he’s thinking in Kryptonian.

And maybe I’m the only one...but I miss the stupendous Silver Age super speed feats...stuff like moving so fast between two places that Clark and Superman could appear to be in same room at same time. You know back in the days when he was as fast as the Flash.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    His super senses, ability to think super fast, and perfect ought to make a superb reader of body language. It ought to be almost impossible to surprise him in a fight, or lie to him.
    Yes. He should pick up tells like no other.

As Supergirl said in the Injustice fighting games "Your heartbeat says you're lying." Well, Netherrealm studios didn't come up with that on their own. Supes DOES do that in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    And we also saw him learning surgery at super-speed and then performing such with his finger-nails.
    That is such a funny/awesome sequence. After he reads through everything he just tells it like it is...I just read every medical text published, I'm ready to operate. Then....I don't need to see your x-rays doctor, I used my own x-ray vision. And....I won't be needing that scalpel, I'll just use my fingernail. He even put on medical gloves before operating

In the museum of natural history today I learned that there are more microbes on the human body than stars in the milky way galaxy. I think in his spare time he might help classify and categorize tons of them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    In the museum of natural history today I learned that there are more microbes on the human body than stars in the milky way galaxy. I think in his spare time he might help classify and categorize tons of them.
    Then he should start with the microbes on his apparantly scalpel sharp finger nails. Living with those in day to day life must be hell

Supes could probably kill someone by spitting at their head, right? Something I could totally see Zod doing.