Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    I'd like to see Superman create a thunderstorm with his existing powers, using a combination of heat vision and super breath.
    Didn't he do that in Brave and The Bold under red kryptonite?

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Really digging the ideas here.

I remember him being able to precisely control the ricochet of his heat vision, knocking down a bunch of enemies with a single blast. He can also control the intensity and luminosity of his heat vision.

Also, a la All-Star and Final Crisis, he should be able to memorize and recognize people's (and other beings of course) DNA.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    -How about a shout out to a trick that I hope to see hit the page via Max Landis' Superman: Agent of Batman? Landis describes a scene where Superman puts his mouth over Wonder Woman's mouth, and then collapses her lungs almost killing her.
    Superman: Agent of Batman? What's that?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Superman is able to discern the chemical composition of something fairly easily.

I wonder if he could sense pheromones and hormones in the air when someone expresses an emotion. Super smell doesn't really seem like something they've highlighted (perhaps for the better) but it would be awesome if he could see sex pheromones when someone feels attracted, anger, fear, etc. That's a step up from just hearing the heart beat.

He can store gases in his lungs by sucking his breath in.

Given his ear, he should be able to distinguish and identify all individual animals and people from each other. The same goes with musicians, and he should have perfect pitch himself, able to play music by ear with insane precision.

He could hear radio waves and see data being sent into space to satellites.

I wouldn't be surprised if his saliva or skin cells could nourish a plant living in darkness because of the solar energy he possesses.

I liked in Superman 4 how his hair could hold up a huge amount of weight. Perhaps his hair can be used to secure things.
    I did like how in Public Enemies he could tell Gorilla Grodd was around because he "heard a gorilla's heartbeat."

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    I did like how in Public Enemies he could tell Gorilla Grodd was around because he "heard a gorilla's heartbeat."
    Nice one...

Come on people, more tricks!

I think by combining his heat vision and freeze breath, he could create large amounts of mist, like so:

If he heats up and cools the air, he could create rainclouds and a low pressure area.

"A warm front occurs when a mass of warm air meets a mass of cold air. The warm air slowly rises above the cold air, forming a low pressure zone. As the rising warm air cools, the moisture in it condenses to form clouds, bringing drizzle or rain."

Similar to what he did in Superman vs. The Elite.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 05-18-2016 at 12:09 PM.

Spectacular Member

I remember Supergirl once saying that Flash taught her how to vibrate so fast that she could turn invisible. Has Clark ever done something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by DiceRoll View Post
    I remember Supergirl once saying that Flash taught her how to vibrate so fast that she could turn invisible. Has Clark ever done something similar?
    Yes. I can't remember if it was during Lex's Presidential campaign or when he was PotUS (pretty sure he was PotUS) but there was an attempt on Lex's life and Superman was on the scene 'invisible' by vibrating.

Also during Lex's time as PotUS, Superman phased to be intangible to Doomsday's fist.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Yes. I can't remember if it was during Lex's Presidential campaign or when he was PotUS (pretty sure he was PotUS) but there was an attempt on Lex's life and Superman was on the scene 'invisible' by vibrating.

Also during Lex's time as PotUS, Superman phased to be intangible to Doomsday's fist.
    Huh! You know, that's something I've always felt never made much sense - here is Superman, one of the smartest men alive, and when he goes up against a foe that's all strength, he rarely uses his brain to beat him! That was even Doomsday's original weakness, wasn't it? Since he was nearly mindless people kept beating him by outsmarting him, so he then grew more intelligent, to counter this.

Logically, Superman should be using as many super-tricks as possible to deal with Doomsday, since he can't actually punch him out, unlike the majority of his other foes.

Anyways! Here are some ideas, specifically to deal with Doomsday:

1. Heat-vision lobotomy - using super-speed, heat-vision and x-ray-vision, Superman is able to send the infra-red energy through Doomsdays optic nerves, and then proceed to burn out his motor-cortex! Seeing as Doomsday is already, often, almost mindless, and has healing abilities, such a lobotomy has little ethical quandary. Paralysed, and unable to use his immense strength, Superman sends him to the Phantom-Zone!

2. Gyro-air-bubble - Doomsday having grown immune to optic-nerve mediated lobotomy, Superman uses a new trick: digging down into the ground and then by exiting below Doomsday he bashes him up into the air! But instead of continuing to drag him upwards, he instead uses mathematically precise super-breath shots, along with super-speed, to keep the monster floating in the air, rotating wildly around his own axis! ; ) The disoriented Doomsday can now be kept at bay until being dragged out of the atmosphere or, preferably, transported in range of the phantom-zone projector! Supes throws the monster into the zone once more!

3. Vision-flashbang and super-lassoing
    Doomsday has grown immune to heat-vision, x-ray vision (a denser skin which absorbs the x-rays, preventing look through) and has learned to super-breath away his gyro air-bubble! o_o So Superman turns off the infra-red aspect of his eye-beams, and instead makes them go super-bright, but clips the effect quickly with super-speed! The resulting flash-bang blinds the monster!
    The Man of Steel then rips out several electric cables, swings one of them around Doomsdays ankle and swings him into the air! He then expertly uses this lassoing-technique to change electric cables continuously as they wear out, while swinging Doomsday higher and higher, until he throws him into permanent orbit! He later retrieves the Phantom Zone projector and sends the creature where he belongs... in eternal DAMNATION!

Bumping this thread since I had a new idea. Superman should be able to cook the perfect steak. With a combination of heat vision and microscopic vision, he should be able to maximize the flavor to the individual's liking. This goes for cooking in general.

Also, I kind of don't like the idea of Kryptonians vibrating Flash style. Not just because it takes away one of the Flash's more unique abilities, but because I imagine Kryptonian cells being very dense. They shouldn't be able to shake that fast to the point of becoming invisible, and definitely not enough to pass through an object. Kind of a scientific nitpick but it's how I feel.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think Superman should be able to read thoughts by using his x-ray vision to "read" how electrical impulses travel through the brain. He should be able to anticipate behavior by studying what is happening in our brains as we think particular thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I think Superman should be able to read thoughts by using his x-ray vision to "read" how electrical impulses travel through the brain. He should be able to anticipate behavior by studying what is happening in our brains as we think particular thoughts.
    I like this idea. I'm not sure about exact thoughts, since the brain is so complex and everyone is wired a bit differently, but he should definitely be able to tell when a certain part of the brain is being activated

BANNED

He could read nerve impulses like Massarce did,if he was a lil.more superman blue than he is now.

Oh and if he cant vibrate his extremely dense molecules like the flash,then the flash should not be able to vibrate his puny human hand through supermans super dense body

I think if he can see what's going on in your mind, he can affect what's going on, and he could do it with just his basic powers and enhanced senses.

Super hypnotism is a thing!