Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Oh and if he cant vibrate his extremely dense molecules like the flash,then the flash should not be able to vibrate his puny human hand through supermans super dense body
    Fair enough, but it's easier for less dense molecules to squeeze through denser ones at a higher speed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Fair enough, but it's easier for less dense molecules to squeeze through denser ones at a higher speed.

I don't like how DC has let characters "get one up" on superman just for the sake of it.vibrating through bodies,telepathically wipingredients brains,and punching or blasting with magic,all shown to be just as easy to do to superman as a human,which is crazy.

Spectacular Member

I see his freeze breath as an example. Using his powerful lungs as a super compressor to induce adiabatic cooling. Possibly aided by his other systems acting as a heat sink to channel heat energy to his heat vision.

Likewise his heat vision used to be a trick he pulled by focusing the X-rays of his X-ray vision.

He could certainly generate whirlwinds. Would be useful against an energy absorber who isn't adapted for cooling or low pressure (Storm did this to Sebastian Shaw).

Using his eidetic memory and super fast thinking with his writing skills, he can speak in any given situation as though a writer had prepared his lines for him, only in real time. No doubt this is one reason he does o well with the press.

He could also use his superfast thinking to overwhelm a mind reader.

There's his classic crush coal into diamond trick.

BANNED

He doesn't just have the ability to process things in his mind fast,like the flash,but is also from a super smart species,but everytime a telepath comes along they can mess his head up.that's bull,he should be the hardest person to mentally attack on the planet.
    The comics still get this wrong,it's funny the Supergirl show got it right.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    He doesn't just have the ability to process things in his mind fast,like the flash,but is also from a super smart species,but everytime a telepath comes along they can mess his head up.that's bull,he should be the hardest person to mentally attack on the planet.
    The comics still get this wrong,it's funny the Supergirl show got it right.
    I know, but I'm splitting the difference in the history of his portrayals. Sometimes he's crazy supersmart, sometimes he's just kind of bright. And then there are the batfans who think he's easily duped ("I could get him to trip and fall into a bucket of Kryptonite").

I was led to understand pre-2011 Superman (post Infinite Crisis) was what you get when you take a reasonably smart guy (say around a 130 IQ) and add the ability to think crazy fast and have perfect recall. Not to mention, no mental fatigue. A guy like that would seem like a genius. Maybe even a Super genius. But someone smarter like Batman can make leaps and understand concepts that Superman would still struggle with.
    Last edited by KingDragonlord; 10-21-2016 at 12:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingDragonlord View Post
    I know, but I'm splitting the difference in the history of his portrayals. Sometimes he's crazy supersmart, sometimes he's just kind of bright. And then there are the batfans who think he's easily duped ("I could get him to trip and fall into a bucket of Kryptonite").

I was led to understand pre-2011 Superman (post Infinite Crisis) was what you get when you take a reasonably smart guy (say around a 130 IQ) and add the ability to think crazy fast and have perfect recall. Not to mention, no mental fatigue. A guy like that would seem like a genius. Maybe even a Super genius.

Which is plenty enough to keep a telepath at bay.

BANNED

Bump.

I've never seen anyone other than Morrison use it, but the 'Reading Hard-Drives' trick is mega and should be used far more often.

Plus, if Supes can see every wavelength of light, does that then mean he can read your electronic communication as it passes through the air?

He should also be able to be well ahead of everyone in any situation. The man can think and react at near light-speed. Combine that with his visual abilities and he should be able to anticipate people and situations so uncannily it appears near pre-cognitive.

I really miss the 'Reading Hard Drives' trick.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

This one is sort of creepy, but totally possible; Superman can eat almost anything. Superman can eat steel, plastic, or wood and he'd feel no discomfort. He could even eat.....people...

Lol it's an idea that I gave to an animator friend of mine. It's basically a Superman vs Batman short, and Superman grabs Batman by the hand and begins to eat him with a straight look on his face. The whole time the Attack on Titan sound track is playing lol

I also point out that it's not actually cannibalism. Superman just looks and acts human

Superman should be a great cook, given his heat and micro vision. He should also be able to give thermal massages with his heat vision and freeze breath stimulating blood flow, like a Super Icy-Hot.

He could probably practice metallurgy with no tools.

His freeze breath could probably combat some of the effects of climate change in the arctic.

Just popped into my head, Superman should be able to make glass with his heat vision and bare hands. Whether they come out any good depends on how much practice he's had I'd guess, but I'm sure he'd get the hang of it.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

I found Superman making tiny copies of himself stupid and funny as frick!
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Using his Super Breath in reverse, Superman could inhale poison out of someone's lungs. actually did he do that? quick, someone tell me.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Using his Super Breath in reverse, Superman could inhale poison out of someone's lungs. actually did he do that? quick, someone tell me.
    That's awesome. I only vaguely remember him threatening to collapse someone's lungs like that, maybe.

BANNED

Superman's has some form of super immunity or "natural invulnerability" which makes him immune to diseases poisons radiation and the like. If he could isiolate the agent like if its in blood or something not dependent on solar energy he could transfer it and create whole new race of supermen. He could use his suers senses to determine whether anyone is lying or not. He could always use his visionary powers to give monthly checkups to JLA and give them a clean bill of health. He could use his freeze breathe to freeze every atom in surrounding creating a null energy environment.
    He could use x ray vision and the like to determine stress points and nerve points. He could use his heat vision to stimulate certain parts of brains to make them act in certain manner or gain new abilities or stimulate memories. He could use his super vocals to maybe communicate with dolphins or the like.
    His superdense body must make it impossible for his enemy's to analyze him and determine his weaknesses but how he makes it through airports is a mystery.

Superman should be able to memorize vast passages, digits, and recreate a sketch of someone’s face no? Super memory is fun.