Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I think getting the helmets right is the most important part and at first glance I can't tell yellow and pink rangers' apart. Hope they rework those a bit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I think getting the helmets right is the most important part and at first glance I can't tell yellow and pink rangers' apart. Hope they rework those a bit.
    It's a pretty dark CGI image. Chances are that the intricate details to tell the helmets apart will be seen when the suits themselves are shown on set or in the movie. We just have to wait for set pics now.

Spectacular Member

Those suits are absolutely hideous!

They look like motorcyclists on cyber crack

Quote Originally Posted by KidGetNice View Post
    Those suits are absolutely hideous!

They look like motorcyclists on cyber crack
    Aka, Kamen Rider
    Pull List: Everything DC. Plus the all of the X-Men books, Deadpool, Invincible, The Walking Dead, and various other titles I can't think of at the moment.

Astonishing Member

This was going to be a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If they lean more towards cloth with helmets like the show, then it will be viewed as too cheesy for a big budget movie. If they armor it up, people will think it looks too much like Iron Man because Iron Man pretty much defined that look for the movies (we can see that from most of the comments that have popped up earliest). Looking at the suits themselves . . . Well, they've still got the diamonds on the chest, though they've been minimized. The morphers are still there at belt height, though there is no belt which I find weird. Aside from the Red Ranger, the dinosaur motifs on the helmets seem to have become very indistinct. I don't quite care for that. Then there's all the cuts and highlights and kibble on the armor and I can't really decide if that's supposed to look more organic or more high-tech. I keep thinking it looks more technological but I've seen other people say it looks more organic. So, I guess that part will just come down to interpretation.

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

Love them! I can hardly wait to see this movie. Look forward to seeing the toys as well.

BANNED

I think they look pretty cool for a 5-12 year old.

That is who they're marketing to, right?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I think they look pretty cool for a 5-12 year old.

That is who they're marketing to, right?
    It's a PG-13 movie. So that demographic and the older folks who grew up with the show.

I realize you're being sarcastic though and dismissing the movie just because it's PR.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth61787 View Post
    It's a PG-13 movie. So that demographic and the older folks who grew up with the show.

I realize you're being sarcastic though and dismissing the movie just because it's PR.
    Actually I'm not. From time to time, I bust out the original PR movie and watch it. Power Rangers were a big part of my childhood.

I was attempting to rag on the "adults critiquing things made for kids to enjoy" side of things, but you kinda/sorta debunked that for me. I didn't know the intended rating for the movie, and just assumed it was largely going to be meant to appeal to younger children (which wouldn't be a bad thing).

I still think 5-12 year olds are going to think they're badass looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Mastodon!

Pterodactyl!

Triceratops!

Saber-tooth tiger!

Tyrannosaurus!

Dragon Zord!

Wait, why did Tommy have to say "Dragon Zord?"
    because just saying "dragon" is kinda dumb
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

All-New Member

If the rationale for the prominent breasts is the alien armor forming around their body, why are the ladies in high heels?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Actually I'm not. From time to time, I bust out the original PR movie and watch it. Power Rangers were a big part of my childhood.

I was attempting to rag on the "adults critiquing things made for kids to enjoy" side of things, but you kinda/sorta debunked that for me. I didn't know the intended rating for the movie, and just assumed it was largely going to be meant to appeal to younger children (which wouldn't be a bad thing).

I still think 5-12 year olds are going to think they're badass looking.
    Ah ok, I misinterpreted what you were saying. My mistake.

I've been following production on the movie for a while and I've seen a variety of reactions. It is tough to tell whether someone is being serious about PR because there's still a large majority of people that believe it should only be for kids (much like other properties we happen to enjoy on this site). I'd like this movie to turn the tide against that association. We'll wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    because just saying "dragon" is kinda dumb
    Replace "Dragon Zord" with "Mecha Godzilla" and he'll sound the best of them all.

I do wonder why Kimberly and Trini have boobs molded into their breastplates, though. We already know they're girls, we don't need a visual reminder.
    Hey, far be it from me to complain about beautiful women wearing interesting gear. I will say though, that as an avid MMO gamer, it does smack somewhat of "Chick armor syndrome." That's where powerful gear looks like chain mail on a bro, and baywatch on a femme.
    Am i the only one looking at the jockstraps?

I mean, the Red Ranger is basically in your face with his.

Saban got pissed at that gritty Power Ranger parody meanwhile THIS is what they create for costumes?

Now im wondering how the butts look.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Yeah, you cant tell what they are supposed to be outside of the Red Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaidswrath View Post
    Aka, Kamen Rider
    Dont disrespect Kamen Rider.
    They know how to properly upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Replace "Dragon Zord" with "Mecha Godzilla" and he'll sound the best of them all.
    Indeed he would
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.