Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26,247

    Default Colton Haynes Reveals Why He Left "Arrow"

    "Arrow's" Colton Haynes discusses why he left the series, opening up about his mental and physical health.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,833

    Default

    So it wasn't just about moving on to bigger acting roles in movies...jeez, that sounds rough .

    I'm glad Colton's was able to come out of this happier and healthier, and open about his sexuality, and I hope he can come back to Arrow soon .

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member dan12456's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Good for him, gotta take care of yourself first.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

    Future Pull: Killmonger.

  4. #4
    Ultimate Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,987

    Default

    I have serious anxiety issues myself. They're no joke.

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Outing an actor isn't a joke and it seriously impacts lives and in Colton's case his health. I hope being out and supported will help ease his anxiety and let him not carry that weight any longer. His coming out will hopefully help him and others.

  6. #6
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I have serious anxiety issues myself. They're no joke.
    Nope. I have had to deal with it myself for almost 20 years now, but I learned to control it pretty quickly and without medication. Still, a couple of times a year at night I have my work cut out for regarding it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  7. #7
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Ching View Post
    Outing an actor isn't a joke and it seriously impacts lives and in Colton's case his health.
    Yeah, whatever the excuses, outing someone is pretty despicable. People should be allowed to live their lives the way they see fit, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #8
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, whatever the excuses, outing someone is pretty despicable. People should be allowed to live their lives the way they see fit, IMO.
    Colton Haynes was not exactly "outed." Pictures of Haynes (I think as a teenager) kissing his boyfriend were published in a now defunct gay magazine, apparently with Haynes' permission. Haynes' business people proceeded to have those photos scrubbed from the internet, claiming that they were "porn."

  9. #9
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by invasionforce View Post
    Colton Haynes was not exactly "outed." Pictures of Haynes (I think as a teenager) kissing his boyfriend were published in a now defunct gay magazine, apparently with Haynes' permission. Haynes' business people proceeded to have those photos scrubbed from the internet, claiming that they were "porn."
    Well, that's a different story then if he gave permission to run the photos in the magazine.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12,329

    Default

    These photos were before he was famous. He never admited he was gay even years after that, he's talking about when someone said he was gay(something like that) and he said it was no secret.

  11. #11
    Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nope. I have had to deal with it myself for almost 20 years now, but I learned to control it pretty quickly and without medication. Still, a couple of times a year at night I have my work cut out for regarding it.
    Mine creep up when i least expect. I tend to stand up and move my body very fast in any way i can to fasten the blood flow(i guess) and make it go away. Still keeps me feeling down after one thought. And when i am with people i have to escuse myself so they don't see it.
    Everything Lives!

  12. #12
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Don't Know Anymore
    Posts
    3,117

    Default

    I say good for him. Taking care of your health, both mental and physical is much more important then playing a role on a TV show.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

  13. #13
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Mine creep up when i least expect. I tend to stand up and move my body very fast in any way i can to fasten the blood flow(i guess) and make it go away. Still keeps me feeling down after one thought. And when i am with people i have to escuse myself so they don't see it.
    The only time I have a problem with it during the daytime and with people is, believe it or not, at the movies. The sound system makes me want to jump out of my skin in recent years, though I never had that problem with it at the theater or concerts when I was younger. It has been much, much better the last few times I have gone to see a movie, though, so that's a good thing.

    As for you, don't get yourself down when it occurs. It sounds like you're managing it reasonably well. Experience will only improve upon that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  14. #14
    Mighty Member marvelprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    I had no idea he was dealing with issues like that. I hope that means the door is at least partially open for a return to Arrow.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,611

    Default

    Good for him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •