BANNED

Default Why isn't Dracula a common Batman foe?

I know Batman's met Dracula once before many (blood) moons before but it has been a while and Dracula just seems like an obvious and prolific foe almost made for Batman.

I just think of Court of Owls and think it would have been a lot cooler if those were vampires and Batman had to figure out who is Dracula and how to stop him...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond28 View Post
    I know Batman's met Dracula once before many (blood) moons before but it has been a while and Dracula just seems like an obvious and prolific foe almost made for Batman.

I just think of Court of Owls and think it would have been a lot cooler if those were vampires and Batman had to figure out who is Dracula and how to stop him...
    You know, Yeah I would kinda love a Batman and Batwoman team-up against Dracula and vampires in general. It would give us a chance to see the cousins interact with oneanother.

I was never really impressed by Doug Moench's Batman/Dracula trilogy. I actually most enjoyed what I think is considered the worst installment, that being the third book. It's the concept at it's most ridiculousness which if you're going to do "Bruce Wayne is a vampire" then it may as well fire on all cylinders. The Batman vs. Dracula animated movie from 2005 was also just okay. It had some neat moments and took itself surprisingly serious. I can see the potential in Dracula as a consistent Batman villain but so far anything attached to the idea (that I've seen) has been mediocre.

If it ever happens though there better be a Batman/Frankenstein team up!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Immortal criminal mastermind with a wide network= Ra's Al Ghul

They ran out of stories to tell with him as well.

Has Dracula ever shown up in DC titles outside of the Red Rain stuff?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

All-New Member

There was an animated movie ten years ago:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_vs_dracula/

BANNED

There`s nothing common about Dracula. Besides, Zorro did it better.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Batman doesn't need Dracula as a villain, he has The Monk and other few vampiric characters (there was one in some 70s comic by David Vern Reed).

It's too late to make Dracula some big Batman foe. And Ra's is Dracula-like enough.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Marvel used to have a book called "Tomb of Dracula." Maybe they beat DC to the punch.

The Court of Owls and Ra's are far more interesting. I'd rather they leave supernatural villains for supernatural titles.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Batman doesn't need Dracula as a villain, he has The Monk and other few vampiric characters (there was one in some 70s comic by David Vern Reed).

It's too late to make Dracula some big Batman foe. And Ra's is Dracula-like enough.
    Ra's was created in the 70s
    Hush was created in the 2000s
    The court of owls this decade
    Its never too late for you to become an iconic Batman villain

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Hood View Post
    The Court of Owls and Ra's are far more interesting. I'd rather they leave supernatural villains for supernatural titles.
    Ra's is a thousand years old and the Court has undead assassin's already.

You realize they're both supernatural, right?

I believe what Red_Hood means to say is we have enough supernatural enemies for Bruce as is.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I'm all for it. Dracula would be a great enemy for Batman.