Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I just recently replayed all of Arkham City and loved it. Just started playing Origins for the second time now straight after.... I forgot about the controls being backwards... really confusing when I try and throw a batarang and it just turns on "detective vision."

As a side note, how the heck do you get the top scores in most of those challenge rooms? Some of those scores seem impossible. I remember it being much easier in Arkham Asylum (rose tinted glasses?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Overall, did you prefer City or Origins, taking into account everything like combat, movement, atmosphere, voice acting, and whatever else you can think of? I still haven't played Origins and I'm curious. My PS3 will be relegated to Netflix-only duty on our other tv soon so I need to play it and then get a PS4.
    Origins is basically the same gameplay as City, besides the reversal of some controls and a few changes. Honestly I think Origins is quite underrated. Does have some technical issues, but I actually quite liked the shock gloves as far as gameplay goes, and the story and writing is far better than the first two games.

Mighty Member

One of the many things I enjoy in the Arkham games is how the thugs talk all that trash of how their going to kick Batman's ass and he just mops the floor with them.

Amazing Member

The Batman:Arkham games are pretty much the only genuinely good video games based on a superhero there are. Sure, there are other good superhero games, but most of those are often qualified by statements like "good for a superhero game". The Arkham games are the only ones I can think of that would still be a huge success if they didn't have a popular superhero license behind them.

I agree that Origins is underrated. Sure, it didn't change much in terms of gameplay from City, but the story was top-notch and combat was still fun as ever. I think if it had been released before City, and didn't have so many technical issues, it would have gotten reviews comparable to City.

Looking forward to Arkham Knight, since it's the first Arkham game made solely for next-gen hardware. I remember one of the devs saying that the Batmobile in the game will take up as much data as the entirety of Arkham Asylum. Shows you how much more devs have to work with now.

Spectacular Member

I hope WB Montreal will continue the series, love these games.

Incredible Member

I just want the following to come up in the Arkham Series.

1. Man Bat
    2. The ability to switch between the Bat-characters like Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman etc during free roam and campaign missions. Not just Challenge maps.
    3. Adam West Batman skin. Its not fair that the PS3 owners hog it, much like they did the Joker challenge maps.
    4. A return to the semi-horror feel in Arkham Asylum. All subsequent games have been great to good, but they haven't come close to Asylum's creepy atmosphere. When I'm playing a Batman game, I like to be the terror that all other terrors fear(while being slightly terrified myself).

BTW, did anyone play Arkham Origins Blackgate? It came out on handheld initially but a deluxe HD version was released for consoles and PC. Thoughts? Worth getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post

BTW, did anyone play Arkham Origins Blackgate? It came out on handheld initially but a deluxe HD version was released for consoles and PC. Thoughts? Worth getting?
    I played the 3DS version and it's poor but the art from the cut scenes are really cool tho.

BANNED

On a side note, WB Montreal made me seriously laugh when I realised they actually felt the need to come up with an explanation for Bane's stupidity in the Rocksteady Arkham games.

Incredible Member

Well, Bane's portrayal has to be polished up in a game set in Bats' early years. And 'charging rhino' is not Bane's personality as seen in the first two games. Also, there was a small movie called The Dark Knight Rises.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Huge fan of the series and particularly asylum. The tight claustrophobic atmosphere and tight script were so refreshing. I'm 30 and people my age have had to grow up with a lot of garbage hero games. This was a massive shock and really came from nowhere. The depth of fan service nearly brought me to tears at one point. City is excellent and origins is.....it's good, not great.
    Last edited by swing kinker; 06-08-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Love the Arkham series. I'm actually glad that they delayed Arkham Knight, meaning that I can buy PS4 at a later date. Sorta on a budget this year lol

Amazing Member

The fact that Batman is the only superhero who can carry a game franchise by himself is a testament to how popular he's become. Only the last-gen Spider-Man games based on the Sam Raimi films come anywhere close to the quality of the Arkham games. Gaming has a massive audience, far larger than comics, so any superhero who has a successful video game will be exposed to a much larger potential audience.

Extraordinary Member

I keep hoping they reveal more about Arkham Knight's storyline soon. My fear is that it turns out to be mostly a "run the gauntlet" type of game with a new anti-Batman character thrown in for an attempted change up. The former lacks the imagination of the previous games, and the latter seems like a waste; there's so many good "evil Batman" characters that would make great rivals, and if the Arkham Knight is completely original, he's got strong competition to challenge.

I'm also holding out for Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin reappearing.

can't wait for Arkham Knight, i'll be buying xbox one with that game.
    it's sucks they delayed it but hey what can i do.

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

Why an Xbox one?

It will run and look better on the PS4, and might even end up with some exclusive content.