Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Love me some Arkham games. The gameplay is really in the sweet spot between accessible and challenging. But it's really the map design I think I like most. It's essentially a Metroidvania (and eternally, Metroidvanias are my favorite games of all time). Five or six districts/areas. Progression determined by the unlock of new abilities. Not a lot of arbitrary, non-useful items to collect.

They've gone overboard with the DLC, though. But hey, that's Batman for you.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Origins is basically the same gameplay as City, besides the reversal of some controls and a few changes. Honestly I think Origins is quite underrated. Does have some technical issues, but I actually quite liked the shock gloves as far as gameplay goes, and the story and writing is far better than the first two games.
    My personal favorite is Batman: Arkham Asylum. That game came with great story, great gameplay, and some of the best boss battle I've ever played at the time. while origins and city are pretty much tie for me. Mostly because they both had equally good qualities with story, gameplay, and boss battles. I have a good feeling that Arkham Knight will be even better though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I just want the following to come up in the Arkham Series.

1. Man Bat
    2. The ability to switch between the Bat-characters like Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman etc during free roam and campaign missions. Not just Challenge maps.
    3. Adam West Batman skin. Its not fair that the PS3 owners hog it, much like they did the Joker challenge maps.
    4. A return to the semi-horror feel in Arkham Asylum. All subsequent games have been great to good, but they haven't come close to Asylum's creepy atmosphere. When I'm playing a Batman game, I like to be the terror that all other terrors fear(while being slightly terrified myself).

BTW, did anyone play Arkham Origins Blackgate? It came out on handheld initially but a deluxe HD version was released for consoles and PC. Thoughts? Worth getting?
    Yes to Man-Bat. He's the only original villain that the franchise hasn't tried yet. So far we got all the iconic villains in Batman's rogues gallery. Why not use Man-Bat? I fight between airo-dynamics would be cool. I would also like horror to be brought back to the series.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz View Post
    The fact that Batman is the only superhero who can carry a game franchise by himself is a testament to how popular he's become. Only the last-gen Spider-Man games based on the Sam Raimi films come anywhere close to the quality of the Arkham games. Gaming has a massive audience, far larger than comics, so any superhero who has a successful video game will be exposed to a much larger potential audience.
    You should play Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. That was by far my favorite SM game.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

This is probably my favorite current series next to Diablo.

The game play for this game looks amazing. Being able to drive around with the Batmobile looks EPIC.
    My Top 5 Comic Books I am reading are:

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Incredible Member

I wiish there were a DCU animated Batman movie done in the style seen in the cutscenes, it's amazing how rotoscoping/motion capture the human movements looks so real.

Reviews are starting to come in. As of right now through 18 reviews It's at a 91 thus far. The major flaws according to the Reviewers are the inclusion of the Batmobile and battling Tanks with it. I am very much looking forward to getting some time to play this over the coming few months. Picking it up on Tuesday.

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

image.jpg

I'm getting mine today! I'm hyperventilating. Lol
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    image.jpg

I'm getting mine today! I'm hyperventilating. Lol
    You lucky bastage. I went with the Pre Order from Gamestop. I likely won't really be able to play until the weekend but I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm pre-loading my copy on Steam. The wait for tomorrow is gonna kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post
    You lucky bastage. I went with the Pre Order from Gamestop. I likely won't really be able to play until the weekend but I'm picking it up tomorrow after work.
    My local gamestop is doing a midnight launch party, I'm hopefully picking it up around 11 tonight. The wait is killing me.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I actually have to go to gamestop today and cancel the pre order that I forgot I did (like 2 years ago). I'll buy the season pass while I'm there.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

The first 15 min of Arkham Knight is online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0vUwvYjzPc

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Apparently the game is broken for anyone who has an AMD card. I don't know the specifics but if you want the PC version and use an AMD card hold off until the problem is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Apparently the game is broken for anyone who has an AMD card. I don't know the specifics but if you want the PC version and use an AMD card hold off until the problem is fixed.
    Ouch! That sucks. I have to believe that the vast majority of people that play this game will play it on console.

What is everyone's thoughts to those that have had the chance to play this?

1. Velvet
    2. Black Magick
    3. Kill or Be Killed
    4. Lazarus
    5. The Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post
    Ouch! That sucks. I have to believe that the vast majority of people that play this game will play it on console.

What is everyone's thoughts to those that have had the chance to play this?
    I've played 3 and a half to 4 hours already, (I'm really tired) its absolutely amazing. The Batmobile is just a powerhouse that destroys anything and everything.

There are only small things that bug me, like not being able to sprint slide, go first person in vents, using a quickfire Batclaw you have to hold LT and hit Y, you cant just hit LT and Y at the same time, some story stuff like Firefly and some other Origins characters only appearing in the Arkham cannon for like the second or third time by this point in-universe. But it's only really small things and they get even smaller the more you play. I love this game already and I'm just getting started.