Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

One thing that stood out to me is very early in the game there's a soldier whose arm you break and the dude really looks like Denny O'Neil. Like, just like him. There's no way it's a coincidence, the dude's voice even sounds way younger than he looks. You can get a good look at him in a jail cell a few minutes later. I'm curios to see if others agree.

I only played for about an hour last night before succumbing to sleep.

I'm digging it so far. Not blown away. I thought it was odd that I really didn't play long, and didn't accomplish much other than getting started, and when I shut down it told me I had already completed 2%. I hope that doesn't mean this will be particularly short.

I was wondering how they were going to accomplish this. Given that they have expanded to include more of the city, and also a Batmobile with such explosive power, I was curious how they would deal with the citizenry. That was answered pretty immediately.

The Batmobile is fun to drive, though the tank combat reminds me of an updated version of the old classic Atari game 'Tank.' Hopefully it doesn't get too redundant.

I went after the Riddler first to get that underway. His first challenge is fun. First thing you have to do is learn how to drive, so they set you up with a lot of driving stuff from the getgo.

Looking forward to getting back into it this evening.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm 5 hours in. I'm loving it! Fear takedowns make the predator sections a lot more fun. I can get them done quick and it's wonderful to see. I'm digging the improvements to the combat like being able to pick up knockdown enemies, the new throw counters, batarangs knocking out charging enemies and the new environmental takedowns! Haven't gotten the new combat stuff yet but what I have is awesome! The new hit sound effects are great. Each blow sounds like Bat's is breaking bones as oppose to the sounds of the previous games where it sounded like it was hitting a punching bag.

spoilers:
    I was hoping for a Joker free game but this guy steal manages to steal the spotlight even when he's dead. I'm confused if the Joker hallucination is the affect from the fear toxin or Joker blood from City taking over Bruce.

The way the Arkham Knight is acting makes me believe he's Jason Todd.

MAN-BAT IS IN THE GAME! He was pleasant surprise when I ran into him.
    end of spoilers

Haha I love the cameos from Luthor and Kate Kane
    I was so surprised when I ran across them

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

So, the big day is finally hear. I've had to scrape as much money I could to get the pre-ordered version, so I won't be able to get it until next week. Has anyone already started playing?
    If so, then how is it? I bet it's awesome.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

I played for a few hours. Loving it so far. Though I gotta say Tim Drake looks very strange in it. He looks almost older than Bruce and his bio has him down as 6 foot. @Immortal Weapon I think you might be right about the Arkham Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I played for a few hours. Loving it so far. Though I gotta say Tim Drake looks very strange in it. He looks almost older than Bruce and his bio has him down as 6 foot. @Immortal Weapon I think you might be right about the Arkham Knight.
    I'm not a fan of Tim's look in this game. Bad enough he looks like a bald space marine but being almost as tall as Bruce and having a similar physique is too much. I miss his hood from City.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Arkham Knight.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

My son just got this game today. It looks awesome. I haven't played video games since the mid 90's but I really want to play this. However, should I play the other Arkham video games first or does it not matter?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not a fan of Tim's look in this game. Bad enough he looks like a bald space marine but being almost as tall as Bruce and having a similar physique is too much. I miss his hood from City.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about Arkham Knight.
    yup 6ft 180 hes a big boy. I am suprised he uses the name robin I am pretty sure he is barbra's age in this game.
    They want him to look mature, imagine having a chil in the actual arkham enviorment, it would looses it realistic touch

I am not lovin the story so far seems like deja vu
    Game play is a 9 the batmobille gets tiring
    Harley is so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    My son just got this game today. It looks awesome. I haven't played video games since the mid 90's but I really want to play this. However, should I play the other Arkham video games first or does it not matter?
    You should at least look up the plots to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City first(you can ignore Arkham Origins), but they are very much worth a playthrough.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    You should at least look up the plots to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City first(you can ignore Arkham Origins), but they are very much worth a playthrough.
    Sounds good, thanks
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

All-New Member

Has anybody gotten to the end yet? Am curious as to what you all think about how the Arkham Knight's story was handled and who was right about the reveal?

Extraordinary Member

Spoilers ahoy!

spoilers:
    Arkham Knight is Jason Todd, with his "death" being faked by the Joker after torturing him for a solid year in an abandoned wing of Arkham. The torture included a "J" brand on his face. He's also decidedly less stable than other versions of Jason, and his defeat leads to him calming down a bit, having his helmet damaged to create the Red Hood helmet, and eventually assisting Batman when he's caught by Scarecrow.

And by caught, I mean surrendered and demasked since Scarecrow has both Tim and Gordon as hostages, having captured the former from a cell Batman put him in (long story) and the latter having actually assisted Scarecrow very briefly when Oracle (thought dead, again long story) was held hostage against him. Oh, and Scarecrow broadcast the unmasking to try and break Gotham's hope.

He also hits Batman with fear toxin multiple times, causing a constant macabre hallucination of Joker, voiced by Mark Hamill again, throughout the game. The hallucinations seem to become an actual split personality threatening to take over if Batmna goes insane. When he's captured and injected once more, Bruce actually seems to break and you play a mind level as Joker as he struggles to the surface, only for Scarecrow to inject Bruce again, allowing Batman to actually use the fear toxin to rally and destroy the Joker forever, become immune to the toxin, get freed by Jason and take out Crane by pulling a Batman Begins and giving him a taste of his own medicine.

Oh, and Scarecrow's terrorist attack was haulted thanks to the sacrifice of Poison Ivy.
    end of spoilers

Phew!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I won't get to play this game anytime soon, but based on YouTube videos and comments on other sited I just want to clarify if what happens to spoilers:
    Oracle
    end of spoilers is for real or was it just a Scarecrow toxin thing?

Extraordinary Member

It turns out to be toxin. The person you're worried about survives the game.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP