Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What voice...

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I use Cruise as well, actually. But younger Cruise, like Top Gun era.

Edit: Bale is my Bruce, but Batman changes depending on the art & point in the timeline. Young Batman (Year One, Long Halloween, etc) sounds like Bale's Batman, Jason Todd / early Tim Drake era is usually Conroy, while Morrison era has now taken on a kind of low Affleck voice for me. Anytime Batman is in armor (Batman vs Predator, Court of Owls, etc) it sounds very similar to Affleck's voice modulator (but not exact, as I have heard this voice for many years).

Tim is Robin from TAS. Catwoman is TAS, Riddler is Arkham Knight. Joker, it depends...most of the time is Ledger, but occasionally Hamill works better. Harley Quinn, Bulloch, Montoya all TAS. Alfred is Michael Caine & '89 Gough. Gordon is Gary Oldman when younger, Bryan Cranston when older.

Babs is typically Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Huntress sort of has a Sandra Bullock thing going on. Jean Paul Valley / AzBats is Val Kilmer Batman, with a robotic voice for Knightsend. Damian, I can't get a handle on. I usually hear a generic kid voice, but with a bit of sophistication to him.
    AzBats for me sounds German to a certain extent, Babs is more Tiffani Amber Thiessen for some reason. I don't know why, it just is. Tim is more what Ben McKenzie sounded like in the OC except a little higher pitch. Like I said I dunno.

Damian is def the voice from the movies for me.

Spectacular Member

Mostly I hear the interpretations from the actors who voiced their respective characters in the Arkham games. Makes sense, since that's what inspired me to pick up comics again after about 12 years, along with the Dark Knight movie. Plus, Nolan's Batman voice is a little cornier compared to Conroys in most situations, so that's what I prefer.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Damian's voice is one I don't have pinned down yet, but he's definitely got something of Middle-Eastern-to-English-boarding-school in his voice, aristocratic. That's how Talia was educated. David Warner Ra's was English accented (because Warner was English of course).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Jim gordon with a mohawk Spazz_Al_Ghul's Avatar

Pretty much all of the BTAS voices. As for Damian, I hear the voice of the kid who voices him in the newer animated movies. I don't think anyone will ever has as iconic a batman voice as conroy. He was just too perfect.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Batman the animated series for sure. Bats,joker and,harley mainly. I do like the arkham game voices for two face talia and catwomen

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

tbh he comes out sounding in my head like a drunken combination of barney the dinosaur and john wayne

Spectacular Member

Kevin Conroy always.

Mighty Member

My own. Sounds a bit like Judge Dredd. "Like a saw cutting through bone”

Incredible Member

Normally I just hear my own voice but I was reading an old issue with Maxie Zeus in it the other day and I read him as sounding like Victor Buono's King Tut from the 60's TV show!

Extraordinary Member

For me, Batman has a weird combination of Conroy's voice with Greenwood; the former sounds more like Batman being suave to me, while I kind of like Greenwood's more flatly stern voice. For some reason, Greenwood talking like a jerk seems less like a prick to me. I think Conroy's perfected the "I can be a jerk" voice in TNAS, while Greenwood got to work with a more weary and resigned Batman in UTRH.

Dick's got his Arkham voice to; lighter but still matured. Tim's the weird one; for some reason I read him in a more nasally NPH voice. Damina has to have an accent to me; he's the Robin farthest from being the audience surrogate, and as an American, I just think a somewhat snooty but very eloquent and elegant English accent fits him at both his best and at his most bratty.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP