Thread: The 7 seas

Default The 7 seas

While Rise of the Seven Seas likely wont come out until later this year or next year but I want to know if each of the 7 kingdoms have already been identified or this is a Emotional spectrum kind of situation. Never really got into Aquaman but have been educating my self leading up to the event.

Hey!

I heard Johns and Abnett are indeed working on it with Ivan Reis, so it'll come out this year.

regarding the kigdoms: We know Atlantis, Xebel and The Trench. I also think one of the kingdoms is the purple-eyed people kingdom, but that's my opinion.

Also, i dont know if they'll include what Parker did (the secret island where Arthur's mother lives), but i do not think so.

In Aquaman #24 Arthur goes to a cave and sees the 7 statues of the seven kingdoms, and you can tell 4 out or 7 havent shown up. They look very particular and you'd know if they had. I think it isnt a emotional spectrum kind of thing, i belive it will be more of a Game of Thrones kind of thing. More politics, drama, betrayal, war, etc; which is exactly why i cant wait.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Incredible Member

If I remember right, the speculation I saw:
    The Seven Seas are:

Atlantis
    Xebel
    The Trench
    Venturia
    Pacifica (?)

The speculation I heard is that the last remaining ones will be the Merfolk and some Insectoid Race that's probably a new creation.

I thought Thule was one, but turns out it was more like Anti-Atlantis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    The Seven Seas are:

Atlantis
    Xebel
    The Trench
    Venturia
    Pacifica (?)

The speculation I heard is that the last remaining ones will be the Merfolk and some Insectoid Race that's probably a new creation.

They may have been insectoid, or may have been human-types wearing crustacean armor. Historically in Aquaman comics the merpeople of the neighboring submarine kingdom were Tritonians, though they were technically part of Atlantis. But Atlantis and the "legs" submariners of sister city Poseidonis seem to be merged and just called Atlantis for simplicity's sake and I dig that.

One of the statues looked particularly similar to Sixties Aquaman foe The Fisherman, a silly ... yet creepy dude who got a Lovecraftian twist under Busiek's pen.

And I'd have to at least venture a guess that maybe one of the kingdoms will represent the scaly green-skinned people like Kordax and those types, but that's just what I'd do if I had the keys to all the cool old stories.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Thanks, Ill pick up those issues. Can't wait for the event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    The Seven Seas are:

Atlantis
    Xebel
    The Trench
    Venturia
    Pacifica (?)

Pacifica is a colony that deserted from the Atlantis Aquaman and Atlanna are from aka Poseidonis.

BANNED

download.jpg
    AQM_Cv24_gaap0z782a_.jpg

Image 2:

Poseidonis/Atlantis - assumption or architecture and just being exactly behind Aquaman I'm assuming the very middle is Atlantis.

The image right to the middle image I think is the Trench given the dark look to it.

The image left to the middle image I'm assuming is Xebel given the shipwrecks.

The rest of the images you can probably assume using the rulers on the first image but I'm guessing Johns is going to play with this. The only givens we have though is Atlantis/Xebel/The Trench.

Fantastic Member

This November Aquaman will turn 75, I think that's when the event will start.

December is Wonder Woman's 75th anniversary, they will probably give her All-Star book with Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo on it.