Default Your nevers on: Amazon Tech

Many runs have shown that they even have advance or in a time wrap. I actually think the amazons should have mystic tech. The mystic tech can worked like modern tech. What do u guys think stuck in time wrap , advance tech or somewhere inbetween.

Sorry about the title guys. My computer was acting dumb. Is there anyway to change it?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I personally like the idea that the Amazon's technology is a mashup of both advanced science and advanced magic. I'd like it to be really hard to determine where the magic ends and the science begins.

Their tech should defy our easy comprehension. Our scientists should have a devil of a time figuring out how the Hell Amazon tech even works. And it should be just about EVERYWHERE on the island. They've had three thousand years to advance. Let's show that.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I personally like the idea that the Amazon's technology is a mashup of both advanced science and advanced magic. I'd like it to be really hard to determine where the magic ends and the science begins.

Their tech should defy our easy comprehension. Our scientists should have a devil of a time figuring out how the Hell Amazon tech even works. And it should be just about EVERYWHERE on the island. They've had three thousand years to advance. Let's show that.
    I agree with this. I would like for the Amazons to have a nice combination of advanced science and advanced magic to serve as their tech. I also like the idea of their tech to be somewhat hard to understand and truly define.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I mean they are over 3,000 shouldn't they are least be interested in invented. In previous runs many where inventors why stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean they are over 3,000 shouldn't they are least be interested in invented. In previous runs many where inventors why stop.
    Because it's like hearing that there's a secret island of Spartans or Romans that survived to this day and you want to see those phalanxes or legions marching across the modern world. It's fun, it's fantasy. I guess Romans with lasers and spaceships would be cool too (the Empire from Star Wars comes close), but perhaps a lot of the flavor and magic would be lost.

Then we get all the feministic metatext and questions that arise from the technological level of the amazons and what it means for the feministic message. I dont know, i just dont find their technology interesting because it's rather generic and because the DCU is filled with super advanced races of people. So i'd like the Amazons to have their own mystical/magical ways that make up for their lack of guns and planes. Has anyone played any game involving medieval mythology? LoL, WoW, and all that? I have barely played any of those, but from what i saw they filled with all these elves, dark elves, dwarves and a gazillions spells and magical weapons/artifacts. So there's a lot to draw from.

And judging by the popularity of LoL and WoW, i think the mythology niche is a popular one. Of course comics arent videogames, but still...

So in my mind an Amazon army should be like an army of elves: mystical, supernatural, appearing and disappearing across the world like a super-batman, casting spells, etc.
    Last edited by Dr. Hurt; 06-24-2014 at 07:38 PM.

Good point. I think mystic tech would work for the amazons. Mystic tech works like modern for them. One thing that would be interesting is bullets and bracelets. The amazons for the lack of certain things have mystic tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Because it's like hearing that there's a secret island of Spartans or Romans that survived to this day and you want to see those phalanxes or legions marching across the modern world. It's fun, it's fantasy. I guess Romans with lasers and spaceships would be cool too (the Empire from Star Wars comes close), but perhaps a lot of the flavor and magic would be lost.

Then we get all the feministic metatext and questions that arise from the technological level of the amazons and what it means for the feministic message. I dont know, i just dont find their technology interesting because it's rather generic and because the DCU is filled with super advanced races of people. So i'd like the Amazons to have their own mystical/magical ways that make up for their lack of guns and planes. Has anyone played any game involving medieval mythology? LoL, WoW, and all that? I have barely played any of those, but from what i saw they filled with all these elves, dark elves, dwarves and a gazillions spells and magical weapons/artifacts. So there's a lot to draw from.

And judging by the popularity of LoL and WoW, i think the mythology niche is a popular one. Of course comics arent videogames, but still...

So in my mind an Amazon army should be like an army of elves: mystical, supernatural, appearing and disappearing across the world like a super-batman, casting spells, etc.
    Could many of the Greek Tech be advance because of the magic and many of the amazons design magically tech. For example they have transportation but it's a mystically tech in which they are teleported to where they want to go.