• Other

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite Team Up Title

Brave & the Bold (Batman)
    Marvel Team Up (Spider-Man)
    DC Comics Presents (Superman)
    Marvel Two-In-One (Thing)
    World's Finest (Superman/Batman or Superman &...)

Brave & Bold for me. Off beat Bob Haney scripts with awesome Jim Aparo art. Favorite issue is #124 with Sgt Rock. Haney & Aparo were also in the story.

My vote for DC Comics Presents is purely of nostalgia. I'm well aware that far better things were objectively happening in Brave & the Bold and Marvel Team-Up.

Batman & superman vs. alien & predator!

All-New Member

I voted The Brave and the Bold... but with reluctance that I could not officially cout Marvel Two-in-One as the runner-up on the basis of the gerber issues.

World's Finest Comics is worthy of honourary mention in theis context as well.

B&tB with Aparo!....but pretty much all the DC / Marvel team books were great (he says nostalgically).

Definitely Brave & Bold. Love me some Bob Haney comics and of course Jim Aparo. At its best it was crazy and fun and even at its worst...it was crazy and fun.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

I went with World's Finest. They had crazy too, like the Super Sons, but they also had those awesome $1 comics with all those other features, like Green Arrow, Vigilante, the Atom, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Red Tornado, Hawkman, Zatanna, Black Canary and more.
    Engaging discussion of comics 10 years old or older http://classiccomics.boards.net

Marvel Two-In-One had early Jess Drew Spider-Woman (sure and the Thing) so impossible to beat with DC stuff.

Mind you a (Jess Drew) Spider-Woman (Kara) Supergirl team-up with Darkchylde (Ariel Chylde for the uneducated) would be the VERY best.

Fantastic Member

I loved Marvel Team Up Volume 1 series and Marvel Two in One also

Spectacular Member

good lord, what an impossible choice!

I guess the weakest of the four was DC Comics Presents--weird title for a late 1970's themed Superman book, I often wonder if it was originally planned to be something else spotlighting potential series, but then turned into a Superman team up when sales department suggested they needed an anchor character. Brave and the Bold always had the crazy ass out of time and universe stories--Batman and Scalphunter, Batman and Jonah Hex, Batman and the three musketeers. Marvel Two in one had some great stories but had some crappy ones too.

So I guess I'll vote for Marvel Team up---one of my favorites stories as a kid was the Spider-man team up with Black Widow, Nick Fury, Shiang Chi, over successive issues culminating with an epic fight aboard the SHIELD helicarrier where the Viper was planning on dropping the carrier on Jimmy Carter. Fantastic. Needs more masterwork reprints.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by hondobrode View Post
    I went with World's Finest. They had crazy too, like the Super Sons, but they also had those awesome $1 comics with all those other features, like Green Arrow, Vigilante, the Atom, Wonder Woman, Shazam, Red Tornado, Hawkman, Zatanna, Black Canary and more.
    I agree. The extra stories/characters were great.

Brave and the Bold. Followed up by DC Comics Presents with Superman, it was nice slice of the Bronze Age landscape. Superman's team-up with the forgotten heroes revived a bunch of overlooked characters. Also the series featured some (not enough) art by the great Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez!

Extraordinary Member

Marvel team up and Two in one.

Incredible Member

This was a close one. The first 40-50 issues of MTU, first volume, were a lotta fun. But B&B’s team ups, including the pre Batman team ups, were great fun from start to finish!

Like others have written, Bob Haney wrote some really fun and sometimes bizarre stories. And the writers that followed him also turned in solid material. Near the end we even got some Earth 2 Batman stories!!